Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Tyrann "Honey-Badger" Mathieu to enter NFL draft

  1. #21
    someone will take a chance on this kid by the 2nd or 3rd round, depending on his personal workouts, combine, drug test, etc. if he shows he is still in shape and has the will to dominate the game, someone like the raiders, cowboys will take a shot on him. EARLY.

    Lets no forget that this kid was invited to the Heisman presentation less then one year ago. The kid can ball. Would of been a top 10 pick last year, but now we think he will go undrafted is ridiculous.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,853
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    The guy gets in the headlines and has had issues off the field. Sounds like a Rex Ryan type of guy.
    Yep idiot Rex will trade up and give up half our draft for this guy in the first round

  3. #23
    Intriguing safety prospect. Not a CB in the NFL. Jets could use more safeties for sure -- Landry and Bell are FA's, Bell is old and Landry is always an injury ? -- Not a first round worthy pick though. Second round? Sure.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    someone will take a chance on this kid by the 2nd or 3rd round, depending on his personal workouts, combine, drug test, etc. if he shows he is still in shape and has the will to dominate the game, someone like the raiders, cowboys will take a shot on him. EARLY.

    Lets no forget that this kid was invited to the Heisman presentation less then one year ago. The kid can ball. Would of been a top 10 pick last year, but now we think he will go undrafted is ridiculous.
    No he wouldn't have.


    I don't know why it's so hard for people to separate college football and the NFL. Success in one doesn't equal success in the other.

    This kid made a number of big plays for LSU, but he's poor in coverage and lacks the size to play safety. Toward the end of the year, teams actually started to figure out that he was the weak link in the LSU defense if you consistently went after him.



    All you need nowadays is a few SportsCenter plays and a good nickname and everyone thinks you're awesome.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Intriguing safety prospect. Not a CB in the NFL. Jets could use more safeties for sure -- Landry and Bell are FA's, Bell is old and Landry is always an injury ? -- Not a first round worthy pick though. Second round? Sure.
    As a S, he's got Tyrone Carter written all over him. DO NOT DRAFT HIGH.

  6. #26
    the biggest difference between jenkins and honeybadger is jenkins played last year

  7. #27
    If you want a small safety get Lamarcus Joyner from FSU. He can also play corner. Not sure if he will come out this year

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    As a S, he's got Tyrone Carter written all over him. DO NOT DRAFT HIGH.
    Well he sure as **** isn't a CB, and that's a pretty low ceiling to live up to. Guess you're not a fan? Haha.

  9. #29
    Who did this guy piss off that he was given the nickname of "Honey Badger"

    That certainly doesn't sound like something that would strike fear in the hearts of his football opponents.


    At least "Muscle-Hamster" sounds a bit tough(with the Muscle-part)....

    "Honey-Badger" sounds like a pet name someone's wife would call her husband.

  10. #30
    The dude is a Baller, and the NFL drafts ballers. Simple enough.

    Look no further than this year with Vontaze and Irvin. Sure, not great, but serviceable enough with enough impact plays to warrant a draft pick.

  11. #31
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    , someone like the raiders, cowboys will take a shot on him.
    seriously??? this guy has Bengals written ALL over him.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    someone will take a chance on this kid by the 2nd or 3rd round, depending on his personal workouts, combine, drug test, etc. if he shows he is still in shape and has the will to dominate the game, someone like the raiders, cowboys will take a shot on him. EARLY.

    Lets no forget that this kid was invited to the Heisman presentation less then one year ago. The kid can ball. Would of been a top 10 pick last year, but now we think he will go undrafted is ridiculous.
    Burfict was a consensus top 10 pick too. And he didn't even get kicked off of his team.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    The dude is a Baller, and the NFL drafts ballers. Simple enough.

    Look no further than this year with Vontaze and Irvin. Sure, not great, but serviceable enough with enough impact plays to warrant a draft pick.
    He went undrafted...

  14. #34
    I'm sure the Pasts will take him in an attempt to improve their garbage defense and add as many criminals as possible.

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,298
    He's a freakin cancer.

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Who did this guy piss off that he was given the nickname of "Honey Badger"

    That certainly doesn't sound like something that would strike fear in the hearts of his football opponents.


    At least "Muscle-Hamster" sounds a bit tough(with the Muscle-part)....

    "Honey-Badger" sounds like a pet name someone's wife would call her husband.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg
    Last edited by Peebag; 11-29-2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Vin really needs to get out more or I need to surf less...

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    He went undrafted...
    Right. My point was that he dropped from first round talent to I drafted because of these same 'character issues', but he's a serviceable at worst player in the nFL right now.

    In hindsight, teams would have given up a pick for his play.

    Accordingly, I believe a team will give up a pick for the honey badger.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by FootballFan1 View Post
    I'm sure the Pasts will take him in an attempt to improve their garbage defense and add as many criminals as possible.
    Talib, Dennard and Mathieu at CB would certainly be a secondary that plays with swagger.

  19. #39
    He's Tebow with character issues.
    Great in college,but in the pro's...special teamer,part time player.

    Should be a 5th rounder but someone might bite end of round 3 (it only takes one to believe the hype machine)

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,733
    Kid is way too small to play safety, does not have the coverage ability to play corner, can be a good k/PR guy. Late 4th or 5th round at best.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us