Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How the heck did the Jets four 1st round picks in 2000?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Yes it was as a matter of fact. He just won his 3rd Grey Cup last weekend as a matter of fact. Ray may very well have done something down there if he had ever been given a chance. Hell Herm didn't even know his name.
    Wow. That's awesome that you stayed on as Jet fan since then.

I must say, I was intrigued with Ray when Bradway brought him in. Refresh my memory BF... did Herm choose Quincy Carter over Ray that season?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Wow. That's awesome that you stayed on as Jet fan since then.

I must say, I was intrigued with Ray when Bradway brought him in. Refresh my memory BF... did Herm choose Quincy Carter over Ray that season?
    Brooks freaking Bollinger if I recall. Ray stayed the one year at camp then asked for his release the next year when it was evident he was not in the plans. He resumed his career in the CFL and has been a good player since then.

He was traded this year and took Toronto to win the Grey Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I was not a big jet fan back then so I don't know the story behind that. What occurred to allow them to get four 1st rounders? (Parcells was in charge of that draft correct?)
    They already had the 12th overall in the 1st round (John Abraham). Then they acquired the 13th (Shaun Ellis) and the 27th (Anthony Becht) from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in trade for Keyshawn Johnson.

Then, Bill Bellichick bolted for NE when he was still under contract with the NYJ. Bill Parcells negotiated the 16th (Chad Pennington) overall in trade for Bill Bellichick to go to the Patsies.