Thread: Bootleg Music, i.e. ROIO (Records of Indeterminate Origin)?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Bootleg Music, i.e. ROIO (Records of Indeterminate Origin)?

So, it's been years since the local shop I knew of down here (and one I knew of in Ney Ork) both closed down, and with them, my sources of ROIO Records (well, CD's) of my favorite bans live, unreleased concert recordings.

We'll well into the ddigital, online music sharing era, but frankly thats a real mixed bag as so much of it is bull****, mislabeled, tripe.

Is it still possible to get a quality bootleg CD of a Led Zep Show, or Pink Floyd Show? I know they are still being made......but where can you find them?

I'm at a loss. And it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So, it's been years since the local shop I knew of down here (and one I knew of in Ney Ork) both closed down, and with them, my sources of ROIO Records (well, CD's) of my favorite bans live, unreleased concert recordings.

We'll well into the ddigital, online music sharing era, but frankly thats a real mixed bag as so much of it is bull****, mislabeled, tripe.

Is it still possible to get a quality bootleg CD of a Led Zep Show, or Pink Floyd Show? I know they are still being made......but where can you find them?

Get an account at dime-a-dozen.org. And then gorge yourself on torrents. Aside from that, if you knew who to send a hard drive to, you'd be amazed at what gets copied to it....

Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    Get an account at dime-a-dozen.org. And then gorge yourself on torrents. Aside from that, if you knew who to send a hard drive to, you'd be amazed at what gets copied to it....
    I'll avoid all jokes to keep this on track.

In my experience Fish your best bet is to find websites dedicated to the bands you are looking for (forums as such) because they bring out the die-hards who will put in the work to scrounge up rare stuff. A google search found me this

http://starship.gotdns.com/zeppelin/bootlegs/

but I didn't check the extensiveness or quality very closely. I hope it has something enjoyable!

Edit: Will also check out nyahay's torrent site.
    Last edited by Carlton; 11-29-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Cool

There's a lot of that on Youtube where you can just download and covert to MP3. There's plenty of dreck recorded on cell phones too, so you have wade through that. But there's a lot there. And unlike on torrents, there's no nasty bits that get onto your hard drive!

Here's a couple of terrific rare bootlegs of Zep. One doing Stand By Me live, and another of my favorite song, Going to California.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYt0ZScWZDI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkui0Owzf7U
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 11-29-2012 at 06:06 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    Tried one of those torrent sites, while getting tons of music, I eventually paid the price of not paying for the music, and had to get a computer.

Jets Insider VIP
    I use dime too. Great source of music. Literally get many shows the day after the concert.

Haven't had a problem with the dime and its predecessor in all the years I've been there (2004).

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I use dime too. Great source of music. Literally get many shows the day after the concert.
    I love the dime. Crazy and chaotic, trying to sort it all out. Wouldn't have it any other way.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    PirateBay

Another good torrent site is lossless legs. mostly Grateful Dead and related configurations, but other stuff gets put up there.

http://www.shnflac.net/index.php

http://youtu.be/TfRl1TExw3s

I'm assuming you have How The West Was Won, do you?
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 11-29-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    People are still using CDs?

really??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    http://youtu.be/TfRl1TExw3s

I'm assuming you have How The West Was Won, do you?
    I have a number of Pink Floyd boots, and thats it. 3-4 shows from 1969/1970, and 3 shows from the 1994 Division Bell Tour.

I don't really buy anyone else.

I have a number of Pink Floyd boots, and thats it. 3-4 shows from 1969/1970, and 3 shows from the 1994 Division Bell Tour.

Have you ever been on All Pink Floyd Fans Network? Great fan site with great messageboards the hardcore guys on there probably know of stuff that we would never guess existed, try it out

http://www.pinkfloydfan.net/showthread.php?t=2096