Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

Thread: Palestine Wins U.N. Statehood, Next Up, War Crimes Trials Against Israel

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Palestine Wins U.N. Statehood

    Can't wait to see how the World Court handles the forthcoming War Crimes Trails of Israel by Pelestinians now that they have recognition....
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-30-2012 at 02:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    Merely a symbolic gesture. Means nothing.

    But it will end up backfiring.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,903
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be curious to see one moonbat describe a future "palestinian" state.

    Would they even have running water? stop lights?

    LMAO

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I'd like to see is how people plan to create a "contiguous" Palestine.

    Is there a map out there that shows what Palestine wants that would make it contiguous? Because looking at the map right now, I don;t see any way to connect the West Bank, Gaza and the Golan without making Israel into three NON-Contiguous sections.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,676
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What I'd like to see is how people plan to create a "contiguous" Palestine.

    Is there a map out there that shows what Palestine wants that would make it contiguous? Because looking at the map right now, I don;t see any way to connect the West Bank, Gaza and the Golan without making Israel into three NON-Contiguous sections.
    Golan is not part of any Palestine. That territory was captured from Syria after the Syrians used it to pelt mortars down on the Israelis below in the 6 day war. There is no way to make Gaza and the WB contiguous however. Best solution is to give Gaza back to the Egyptians and be finished with it. Gaza was part of Egypt prior to the 1970's anyway.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/01/wo...usalem.html?hp

    JERUSALEM — Israel is moving forward with development of Jewish settlements in a contentious area east of Jerusalem, defying the United States by advancing a project that has long been condemned by Washington as effectively dooming any prospect of a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

    A day after the United Nations General Assembly voted overwhelmingly to upgrade the status of the Palestinians, a senior Israeli official said the government would pursue “preliminary zoning and planning preparations” for a development that would separate the West Bank cities of Ramallah and Bethlehem from Jerusalem. If such a project were to go beyond blueprints, it could prevent the creation of a viable, contiguous Palestinian state.

    The development, in an open, mostly empty area known as E1, would connect the large settlement town of Maale Adumim to Jerusalem. Israeli officials also authorized construction of 3,000 housing units in parts of East Jerusalem and the West Bank.

    The timing of the twin actions seemed aimed at punishing the Palestinians for their United Nations bid, and appeared to show that hard-liners in the government had prevailed after days of debate over how to respond. That represented a surprising turnaround, after a growing sense that Israeli leaders had acceded to pressure from Washington not to react quickly or harshly.
    More good faith by the current hard line government in Israel to destroy the Abbas government and give cred to HAMAS.

    The Palestinian Authority described the plan as “a new act of defiance from the Israeli government.” Saeb Erekat, the chief negotiator, said in a statement, “At a moment where the Palestinian leadership is doing every single effort to save the two-state solution, the Israeli government does everything possible to destroy it.”

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What I'd like to see is how people plan to create a "contiguous" Palestine.

    Is there a map out there that shows what Palestine wants that would make it contiguous? Because looking at the map right now, I don;t see any way to connect the West Bank, Gaza and the Golan without making Israel into three NON-Contiguous sections.

    You are observant. The map is bizarre. Turn Gaza over to Egypt as a state or protectorate. There should NOT be any connector between Gaza and the West Bank. That would be "terrrorist alley".
    The West Bank area should be trimmed so that it does not encroach on Jerusalem. The Palestinian area should be contiguous but smaller than currently. If Palestinians have to be relocated so be it. The city of Jerusalem in its entirety should be governed by Israel.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares.

    Let their "Gods" decide who gets what.

    If none of their gods show up to the table...turn the whole festering sh*thole to glass and radioactive decay and call it a day.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,039
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Golan is not part of any Palestine. That territory was captured from Syria after the Syrians used it to pelt mortars down on the Israelis below in the 6 day war. There is no way to make Gaza and the WB contiguous however. Best solution is to give Gaza back to the Egyptians and be finished with it. Gaza was part of Egypt prior to the 1970's anyway.
    If you give Gaza to Egypt what happens the next time rockets from Gaza land in Israel? If Israel bombs Egypt, it's going to create a bigger mess.

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Who cares.
    As evidenced by the U.N. vote, most of the World, including most of the Nations that make up the World.

    Is that enough?

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
    -Gandhi


    Two sides using the guise of religion to kill endlessly. The idea that one side is good and the other bad is a bed time story told to children. The powers that be from both sides should be ashamed. And, as usual, it is the common people who pay the most severe price; the man going to work, the woman at the market, etc.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,039
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
    -Gandhi


    Two sides using the guise of religion to kill endlessly. The idea that one side is good and the other bad is a bed time story told to children. The powers that be from both sides should be ashamed. And, as usual, it is the common people who pay the most severe price; the man going to work, the woman at the market, etc.
    Couldn't that be said of any war ever? I think Gandhi would've said yes. If you're advocating complete pacifism that's fine, but to apply this logic to only this particular conflict because religion is involved seems odd.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/01/wo...usalem.html?hp



    More good faith by the current hard line government in Israel to destroy the Abbas government and give cred to HAMAS.
    Lets just be clear for a second: 3,000 houses will "cut off Ramallah from Bethlehem"?

    It's a 4.6 square mile corridor connecting a large suburb of Jerusalem (which would be encompassed by any "land swaps" people mention as an essential part of any deal but apparently don't actually consider part of a deal) with the rest of Jerusalem. There are plenty of ways to get between Bethlehem and Ramallah even without Israel's offer to build a direct highway in the E1 plan.

    But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your narrative of choice

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
    -Gandhi


    Two sides using the guise of religion to kill endlessly. The idea that one side is good and the other bad is a bed time story told to children. The powers that be from both sides should be ashamed. And, as usual, it is the common people who pay the most severe price; the man going to work, the woman at the market, etc.
    Agreed. After all, the Israelis are just as guilty as the Palestinians. They constantly educate their children to hate Palestinians, proclaim religious obligations to wipe out Palestinians, name streets and towns after the murderers of Palestinian civilians and indiscriminately lob rockets at Palestinian civilians.

    No, wait, only the Palestinians do that. But, apparently, building houses is the rough equivalent.

    False equivalence helps nobody, and it's nothing more than lazy analysis. Certainly isn't "intelligent"

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why soesn't the rest of the Muslim countries take the Palestianians in? Why because nobody wants them. They use them but dont want them!

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,289
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    I'd be curious to see one moonbat describe a future "palestinian" state.

    Would they even have running water? stop lights?

    LMAO
    weapons >>>>>> stop lights and running water

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,289
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Agreed. After all, the Israelis are just as guilty as the Palestinians. They constantly educate their children to hate Palestinians, proclaim religious obligations to wipe out Palestinians, name streets and towns after the murderers of Palestinian civilians and indiscriminately lob rockets at Palestinian civilians.

    No, wait, only the Palestinians do that. But, apparently, building houses is the rough equivalent.

    False equivalence helps nobody, and it's nothing more than lazy analysis. Certainly isn't "intelligent"
    unless you're seriously willing to reconsider your political allegiances, **** like this will only get worse. jus sayin

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a Palestine it is now named Jordan. But funny they don't want them either.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Lets just be clear for a second: 3,000 houses will "cut off Ramallah from Bethlehem"?

    It's a 4.6 square mile corridor connecting a large suburb of Jerusalem (which would be encompassed by any "land swaps" people mention as an essential part of any deal but apparently don't actually consider part of a deal) with the rest of Jerusalem. There are plenty of ways to get between Bethlehem and Ramallah even without Israel's offer to build a direct highway in the E1 plan.

    But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your narrative of choice
    What's pretty clear is the current Israeli government and Hamas are both on board with a one State solution. This government has done everything it can to give Hamas Cred and destroy Abbas.

    Stealing land and then swapping it. Stop the bull****.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ ^ Israel seems to be on board with a one State solution - they just want that state to be a lot smaller than what it currently apparently is. What a bizarre response to the UN declaration, building more settlements etc. How anyone can be blindly 100% behind Israel on this is really beyond me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us