Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets OL coach says Vlad/Slauson rotation was ORDERED FROM ORGANIZATION

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    I know you are a Tebow guy, so you know nothing about this team prior to Denver trading your boy to us. But even last year there were reports about the coaches hinting that they were trying to boost some players' stats (making Sanchez force passes to Plaxico or Tone).

Now this stuff comes out about forcing a coach to give Vlad playing time when he doesn't deserve it. It's a recurring pattern. Whether it is Rex or Tanny, both are complicit, so both should be held accountable.

Fire them both.
    It is absurd, I really am starting to think that the NFL should step in. What a total embarrassment in such a major market.

Jets Insider VIP
    Well that explains what the he!! happened to the Jets' O-line.

I know you are a Tebow guy, so you know nothing about this team prior to Denver trading your boy to us. But even last year there were reports about the coaches hinting that they were trying to boost some players' stats (making Sanchez force passes to Plaxico or Tone).

Now this stuff comes out about forcing a coach to give Vlad playing time when he doesn't deserve it. It's a recurring pattern. Whether it is Rex or Tanny, both are complicit, so both should be held accountable.

Fire them both.
    Rex is the freaking coach, so he is the one to decide who gets PT. Maybe they have the idea that getting ducasse reps now will better prepare him for next year? Maybe it's because ducasse has actually done a better job blocking than Slauson? Make its that Guge has absolutely no clue? Remember,this is the guy who came out hard talking about how my heart a warrior Hunter was?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 11-29-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm officially on board with firing Rex. This organization is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    In a week when the Jets are praying for a win and Bart Scott ripped his own team’s fans, offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo kept the chaos coming. A feisty DeGuglielmo told reporters Thursday that the rotation at left guard between Matt Slauson and Vlad Ducasse was “a directive from high above me.”

Though he never specifically stated his opposition, that directive did not seem to agree with DeGuglielmo. The offensive line coach said of Ducasse, “He's playing well enough to be an every third series guy. Maybe.”

Rex Ryan said the platoon was his decision.

The rotation was the most substantive part of a bizarre press conference with DeGuglielmo, who was speaking to reporters for the first time since training camp. The offensive line coach walked in hostile, cutting off a reporter’s question to make a statement regarding a complaint he had received from the league about his lack of access to the media. As an assistant coach DeGuglielmo was required to speak during the Jets’ bye week, but did not and has not since then.

“I made a commitment to speak to you people on the bye week, O.K.? I was sitting here Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday,” said DeGuglielmo.

“If anybody needed to speak with me, I was here. It’s not my job to find you.”

The Jets’ facility was closed during the bye week, which also happened to be the week of Hurricane Sandy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...rom-high-above
    LMAO @ the media for trying to spin up more controversy

Yes, it's chaos that the Jets are rotating a player they feel has deserved more playing time and has played well in that rotational role

Damn the Jets for rotating and playing the players on the roster

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Its getting to the point where all you have to do is wait for a few hours before the JETS embarrass themselves again.

This morning it was Bart Scott.

That's now old news.

Now its the OLINE coach.

Totally out of left field

He is not a good fit for Rex and Woody because he hates talking to the media

You really cant make this stuff up

The biggest joke I've ever seen.

Thanks again Woody, you've created this!
    What can't be made up is how absolutely PATHETIC this fanbase has become at every knee jerk bull**** article the media spews out

Really?

It's a joke to play the players on the roster? To play the player they drafted in the 2nd round?

If the jets don't play him, if they cut him, you then ***** about how the Jets can't evaluate talent.

Ryan is HEAD ****ing COACH he WANTS Ducasse playing, AND he's playing WELL

WTF is the problem here other than your shameless and pathetic agenda?

He owns the team, he hired Rex and his classless act, and has become extremely meddlesome.

He created all of this, from the stadium to PSLs, to Tebow, to John Cena

The JETs arent just 4-7, the are a TOTAL embarrassment.

There is ridiculous pathetic news coming from this organization just about every day and its all bad.
    It's a classless act to play the players on his roster?

ROFLMFO

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LMAO @ the media for trying to spin up more controversy

Yes, it's chaos that the Jets are rotating a player they feel has deserved more playing time and has played well in that rotational role

Damn the Jets for rotating and playing the players on the roster

What can't be made up is how absolutely PATHETIC this fanbase has become at every knee jerk bull**** article the media spews out

Really?

It's a joke to play the players on the roster? To play the player they drafted in the 2nd round?

If the jets don't play him, if they cut him, you then ***** about how the Jets can't evaluate talent.

It's a classless act to play the players on his roster?

ROFLMFO

Trolling right?? Pulling our legs? Surely you're not serious? Are you?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Rex is the framing coach, so he is the one to decide who gets PT. Maybe they have the idea that getting ducasse reps now will better prepare him for next year? Maybe it's because ducasse has actually done a better job blocking than Slauson? Make its that Guge has absolutely no clue? Remember,this is the guy who came out hard talking about how my heart a warrior Hunter was?

If Vlad is playing better than Slauson, then he should be starting. If they want to groom him to play next year, do so in practice or use him as a blocking TE. O-Lines need continuity. This staff is making mistakes that high school coaches know they shouldn't make.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Trolling right?? Pulling our legs? Surely you're not serious? Are you?
    What is so wrong about what he said?

What is so wrong about Rex wanting to rotate Ducasse into the line-up?

It appears to me Ducasse has earned the playing time.

I don't see what the issue is here other than the fact the coach was pissed off with the media, imagine that because they complained and the NFL gave him a call about it. Sure seemed to me he was taking his frustrations out with them.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Really?

Ray, take it down a notch pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Ray, take it down a notch pally.
    yeah, ok...

Really?

Are you following the same organization as the rest of us? Now the OLINE coach drops a bomb on everyone, throws coaches and players under the bus, and alludes to the fact that the best players arent playing on the field to lesser talent for no other reason other than to save face. Its like the JETS entire organization is one big lie and you continue to have no problem with it.

My NFL season is over. Over earlier than what their record shows. The JETS are an EMBARRASSMENT. Not just bad, but an EMBARRASSMENT. I will not be surprised if the NFL steps in. I've never seen anything like it in all my years. If the JETS just plainly were not good like other bad teams I'd have a much easier time coming to grips with it. This team will not improve until Woody sells the team. His agenda is warped. Its as if he is trying to create a team that only is interesting because it is a circus. Building a championship the conventional way doesnt make the back pages or sports radio. If we win by mistake, then great, but its not a priority for Woody's JETS.

In the AM it was Bart Scott calling all of us out as fans

By the afternoon it was the OLINE coach reminding us that things are worse than we thought.

But yeah, its my shameless agenda.......
    Last edited by copernicus; 11-29-2012 at 10:46 PM.

If Vlad is playing better than Slauson, then he should be starting. If they want to groom him to play next year, do so in practice or use him as a blocking TE. O-Lines need continuity. This staff is making mistakes that high school coaches know they shouldn't make.
    Him playing better could be situational. Or it could be something like a guy who isn't ready to start, but is great coming off the bench. I don't know what the reasons are. You could be right and it might be some bull**** reason. But then again, the reasoning might just be valid. We simply don't have enough info take a determination right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I don't see what the issue is here other than the fact the coach was pissed off with the media, imagine that because they complained and the NFL gave him a call about it. Sure seemed to me he was taking his frustrations out with them.
    On what planet is this acceptable for a professional organization?

I mean.. I don't know what sickens me more - the fact that Tanny (and/or Rex) is demanding Ducasse get playing time even though it's apparently undeserved, or the fact that Rex has no control over even his coaches, who apparently have no issues with throwing them under the bus to the press.

Did you not read what he said? He's the OL coach saying Vlad is maybe good enough to be rotated every 3rd series. He's saying the decision to play him at all is coming from way above him. You don't rotate an inferior lineman in a game to give him reps, you play the best guy, period. The guy is flat out throwing leadership under the bus for forcing what is in his mind a move that makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    On what planet is this acceptable for a professional organization?

I mean.. I don't know what sickens me more - the fact that Tanny (and/or Rex) is demanding Ducasse get playing time even though it's apparently undeserved, or the fact that Rex has no control over even his coaches, who apparently have no issues with throwing them under the bus to the press.
    THIS!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It is absurd, I really am starting to think that the NFL should step in. What a total embarrassment in such a major market.
    Step in and do what?

All Pro
    dude it's been going on for 40+ years.....let's just hope they pull out in the middle of the night for LA and we get a brand new team.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Step in and do what?
    Make Rod Thorn run the team?