Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Jets OL coach says Vlad/Slauson rotation was ORDERED FROM ORGANIZATION

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The same OL coach who was praising Hunter all spring?

And since you visit Tony's Draft site do you remember Tony telling the story how Callahan was all in on selecting Ducasse then once he became a Jet soured on him and basically ignored him the past 2 seasons? Just another fine example of lack of development by the Jets.

And as someone above perfectly stated, all this board and the media complain about is the lack of depth. So now we have an example of the Jets trying to: 1) DEVELOP a player and 2) create depth...Halleluiah!!!! What a novel idea...Maybe it turns out Vlad isn't a NFL OG but at least we'll know.

I'll ask again....1) Does anyone notice when Ducasse is in? 2) Is there a dropoff in the OL and O's play when he is in? 3) Do all the critics understand its every 3 series or so, not every or every other play?

I'm guessing the majority of people will answer "No" for the above 3 questions.
    You are right about Guge and Callahan. Can't explain why Guge said that about Hunter. Maybe he was trying to build up his confidence. Maybe he got marching orders from Rex. We will never know. But I think Guge may have been a factor in why Hunter was traded. So IMO I think he can get credit for not compounding a mistake by keeping him too long. We could not go into the season with Hunter at RT. I don't care if he is outperforming Howard or not. Hunter just couldn't cut it here.

As for Callahan, he isn't the first coach to like a player and end up being wrong. Once he got his hands on Ducasse he realized (in his opinion) that it was likely a lost cause. So if it were up to Callahan Ducasse may have been gone already. I think we will find out very soon whether or not Callahan was right.

So I give both these guys credit for trying to correct a mistake. That is something we have rarely seen Tanny/Rex do. Look how long it took Rex to finally give up on Conner and he is only a FB.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Solid, solid Jets discussion. Yup, glad to know you remember this place when it was the place to go for solid discussion....you and your 400 plus posts.

Solid contributions, Zippy
    Sorry chief that my post count isn't 10,000 like yours. Been reading and posting on this site probably just as long as you have, if not longer. Can't help that I had to create a new id (was originally CTJetsFan) a few years back because something got f'd up and don't have the "cred" (post count) for you anymore. Probably about the time the decent football discussions stopped here anywhere. Been posting with guys like Kentucky Jet and Tinstar since the days of the "GreenHouse".
    Thanks for helping to validate my comment. I'll just stick to the draft forum. Cheers
    Last edited by CTJetsFanII; 12-01-2012 at 04:55 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    Sorry chief that my post count isn't 10,000 like yours. Been reading and posting on this site probably just as long as you have, if not longer. Can't help that I had to create a new id (was originally CTJetsFan) a few years back because something got f'd up and don't have the "cred" (post count) for you anymore. Probably about the time the decent football discussions stopped here anywhere. Been posting with guys like Kentucky Jet and Tinstar since the days of the "GreenHouse".
    Thanks for helping to validate my comment. I'll just stick to the draft forum. Cheers
    I can vouch for this gentleman. Guys like him and KJ and Savage69 and Jetswin and some other whose names have change (FloridaJet, Hermanator and MysticalJet have been around for a few mornings. CT Is a special Brother.

All Pro
    They grade Olineman by watching each play, and seeing if they got beat or not. They see if they block no one, or if they get stood up, or if they get pushed back. They also judge whether or not they make positive impact plays, like pancakes, or driving the dlineman back, and or getting a block at the second level. They do not use stats. Sometimes it's tough to tell exactly whose fault a play is and sometimes they rotate coverage over to help out a weak link so it's tough to quantify, but basically Slauson is a little better at pass blocking, and Vlad makes more impact run blocking plays. Moore has not been the same since his surgery, and they all have a tougher time since Howard requires help on all pass plays so they don't get to double team the NT a lot, and the defense knows that the protections will roll that direction. They would all look a lot better with a good RT. Even Mangold has struggled. Howard may yet become that, but the old ways are gone now, and a lot of teams have two edge rushers, or move them around so I don't think he's athletic enough. Anyway Moore will be gone next year, and probably Slauson. It's time now to play Vlad and see if he can handle the role. He has the potential to be an outstanding guard. I realize that's disappointing when he was supposed to be a great RT but it's better than nothing. You seem to always attack promising news with such vitriol. I don't know why you guys are so militant.

Hall Of Fame
    10 min mark in third quarter Vlad has played in two drives, 3:1 ratio for Slauson. Both drives 3 and outs. Two good runs to the left with Vlad pulling, but he blocked nobody each time he pulled. The first time almost got caught holding, hooking someone with his left arm. Hasn't been challenged in pass pro yet.

Anybody else paying attention to this today? Anyone seeing it differently?