Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets OL coach says Vlad/Slauson rotation was ORDERED FROM ORGANIZATION

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Step in and do what?
    The government should step in a force them to not be able to able to call themselves a football team. They could have to be called a "football entertainment team".

I would love to read a study of the production of the offense with Ducasse vs Slauson at LG.

I would assume the coaches would know that - most of all the online coach.

Jets Insider VIP
    Now we have OL coaches popping off. Sounds like people know they're going to get fired, so might as well get some shots in now while the opportunity presents itself.

What a mess.

Step in and do what?
    Force the JETS to get their act straight or for Woody to sell the team.

Already pretty alarming evidence that HOF HCs Parcells and Belicheck bolted as soon as Woody bought the team.

No stadium in Manhattan, and every public embarrassing moment has to make the NFL front office cringe that there is really only one team that represents the biggest market with the other one such an embarrassment no fan with a brain would continue to buy apparel and wear it to support the team. It will be interesting to see how much less JETS gear will be purchased this holiday season. I know I wont be buying for family members where I always did in the past. I also havent wore my jersey, hats, t shirts etc. in months.

Players calling out fans during dismal seasons along with all the other embarassing moments dont go well for selling the product in a big market.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    yeah, ok...
    No raise the roof....

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    On what planet is this acceptable for a professional organization?

I mean.. I don't know what sickens me more - the fact that Tanny (and/or Rex) is demanding Ducasse get playing time even though it's apparently undeserved, or the fact that Rex has no control over even his coaches, who apparently have no issues with throwing them under the bus to the press.
    WTF?

It's unacceptable for the HEAD COACH to put a player on the field?

It's underserved based on who?

From what I see on the field, Ducasse has earned that playing time, he's played pretty well, far better than he has in his first two years.

How the **** is this unnacceptable?

the league should do something about it?

Have some of you Jets fans lost your ****ing mind?

Jets Insider VIP
    It's not quite the Billy Martin - Reggie Jackson kind of circus, is it?

Sigh.

What is so wrong about what he said?

What is so wrong about Rex wanting to rotate Ducasse into the line-up?

It appears to me Ducasse has earned the playing time.

I don't see what the issue is here other than the fact the coach was pissed off with the media, imagine that because they complained and the NFL gave him a call about it. Sure seemed to me he was taking his frustrations out with them.
    If you truly cannot see that an O-Line coach being forced to play a player that is clearly inferior to another available player is just plain detrimental to the team, then you are beyond help...

Step in and do what?
    There is precedent for the league stepping in - not to say that it will happen here. Years back when the Maras were feuding the league sent in George Young to right the ship. The league also sent in Jim Kensil to help the Jets. Of course Young had a lot more success then Kensil.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Force the JETS to get their act straight or for Woody to sell the team.

Already pretty alarming evidence that HOF HCs Parcells and Belicheck bolted as soon as Woody bought the team.

No stadium in Manhattan, and every public embarrassing moment has to make the NFL front office cringe that there is really only one team that represents the biggest market with the other one such an embarrassment no fan with a brain would continue to buy apparel and wear it to support the team. It will be interesting to see how much less JETS gear will be purchased this holiday season. I know I wont be buying for family members where I always did in the past. I also havent wore my jersey, hats, t shirts etc. in months.

Players calling out fans during dismal seasons along with all the other embarassing moments dont go well for selling the product in a big market.
    Parcells had it in his contract he could walk away if there was an ownership change. Belichick walked away because he knew he had an offer from Kraft and he wouldn't have to report up to Parcells.

That said, Woody sux!

Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    If you truly cannot see that an O-Line coach being forced to play a player that is clearly inferior to another available player is just plain detrimental to the team, then you are beyond help...
    So the OL coach makes the final decisions on who to play?

REALLY?

Not the HEAD COACH?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Now we have OL coaches popping off. Sounds like people know they're going to get fired, so might as well get some shots in now while the opportunity presents itself.

What a mess.
    There's going to be a bloodbath in Florham Park on Black Monday. Tanny, Rex, and the rest of this f*cking clown crew are finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Rex is the freaking coach, so he is the one to decide who gets PT. Maybe they have the idea that getting ducasse reps now will better prepare him for next year? Maybe it's because ducasse has actually done a better job blocking than Slauson? Make its that Guge has absolutely no clue? Remember,this is the guy who came out hard talking about how my heart a warrior Hunter was?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    I concur

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    There's going to be a bloodbath in Florham Park on Black Monday. Tanny, Rex, and the rest of this f*cking clown crew are finished.

Banned
    The loss last Thursday was tough, but you think we turned some heads. Amirite?

So the OL coach makes the final decisions on who to play?

REALLY?

Not the HEAD COACH?
    THIS HEAD COACH repeatedly admitted to knowing nothing about the offense, choosing to leave it up to his assistant coaches...

THIS HEAD COACH admitted that he didn't even know that his best offensive player (Santonio Holmes) was benched last season by the OC during the final game with Miami...

So now THIS HEAD COACH is so involved with this offense that he is dictating the Guard rotation...
    Right...

I'm tired of the negativity. This team needs to turn over some personell

the jets have two FA guards next season... the reason vlad is getting burn is so that they can find out if vlad can handle playing LG at an NFL level. it's that simple. is he better than slauson? probably not right now, but you need to know these things going into the offseason so you know who you need to bring back

Rookie
    LOL, isn't this the same guy who played Hunter over Howard?

THIS HEAD COACH repeatedly admitted to knowing nothing about the offense, choosing to leave it up to his assistant coaches...

THIS HEAD COACH admitted that he didn't even know that his best offensive player (Santonio Holmes) was benched last season by the OC during the final game with Miami...

So now THIS HEAD COACH is so involved with this offense that he is dictating the Guard rotation...
    Right...
    Jets fans have officially lost it.

Now the head coach of the team has no say in who plays.

The circus has never been with the team, it's with this fan base and the dumbass media.