Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Toe cleavage?
    Now Now......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where's sold out retard Jets fans FL85?

Wasn't he the dimwit that was saying Ducasse is a developmental pick?

Somebody ought to read this article to him.

Ducasse is a GD bust. I just wish the Jets would have come to grips with that long ago. I'm tired of watching them carry the same pathetic bunch of underperformers just because they have to support Tanny's ego. F him if he can't realize his pick SUCKED!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does this guy still have a job?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    How does this guy still have a job?
    he gives us the best chance to win.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    he gives us the best chance to win.
    lol. I was talking about the OLine coach...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Where's sold out retard Jets fans FL85?

Wasn't he the dimwit that was saying Ducasse is a developmental pick?

Somebody ought to read this article to him.

Ducasse is a GD bust. I just wish the Jets would have come to grips with that long ago. I'm tired of watching them carry the same pathetic bunch of underperformers just because they have to support Tanny's ego. F him if he can't realize his pick SUCKED!!
    I bet you don't even know when he's in the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I bet you don't even know when he's in the game.
    If I didn't know any better I would think you were sticking up for Rex and that you believe rotating lineman is a good thing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If I didn't know any better I would think you were sticking up for Rex and that you believe rotating lineman is a good thing.
    Just asking if anyone ever notices when he's in and if there is a difference in the OL effectiveness.

Can you answer that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just asking if anyone ever notices when he's in and if there is a difference in the OL effectiveness.

Can you answer that?
    Yes I have noticed when he is in the game. And I am not sure what the snap totals are but it seems like he has gotten less playing time the past few games.

Rotating OL is never a good idea. There is a reason why nobody else does it. Even IF the Jets have gotten away with it in a few games (which I am not sure they have b.c of the simple fact that our offense sucks) it does not make it OK or a smart decision. I would defer to how coaches/scouts (not ours ) grade them out.

But this is the same organization that goes into a game against the Pats on National TV with only 1 QB. So go figure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I have noticed when he is in the game. And I am not sure what the snap totals are but it seems like he has gotten less playing time the past few games.

Rotating OL is never a good idea. There is a reason why nobody else does it. Even IF the Jets have gotten away with it in a few games (which I am not sure they have b.c of the simple fact that our offense sucks) it does not make it OK or a smart decision. I would defer to how coaches/scouts (not ours ) grade them out.

But this is the same organization that goes into a game against the Pats on National TV with only 1 QB. So go figure.
    National TV game or not it just goes to show how incompetent this football staff is.

I haven't paid attention the past few games but last I remember Vlad was coming in every 3rd or 4th series.

I'm guessing some here see platoon and think its every other play or so. But it's not.

At this point they should play him more. Slauson won't be back.
    Last edited by C Mart; 11-30-2012 at 09:19 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully, the Jets continue to force feed this great O-line rotation...
    It's working so well...
    Give Ducasse even more time!

Goodbye, Sanchize...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    Hopefully, the Jets continue to force feed this great O-line rotation...
    It's working so well...
    Give Ducasse even more time!

Goodbye, Sanchize...
    I fear that you are right! I see when VLAD is in there and the defense comes right at Suckchez as if Vlad isn't there. I do not think Slauson will be back and I think its a mistake that WRECKS is making! I think the HC is less then bright. I expect McKnight to be gone as well. NE would jump on him and he would do well for them. Maybe they will cut Woodhead and we pick him up again. WRECKS & TANNYBUM are irrational and playing VLAD any number of snaps proves it. The guy is strong and gets a good block every now and then BUT he is not as good as Slauson and never will be. If we also lose Moore, how long until SUCKCHEZ gets hurt?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    National TV game or not it just goes to show how incompetent this football staff is.

I haven't paid attention the past few games but last I remember Vlad was coming in every 3rd or 4th series.

I'm guessing some here see platoon and think its every other play or so. But it's not.

If they play him more they will have to also draft a QB or trade for one. IMO the man known as Vlad is a wasted pick so far. He is laughable at times when trying to passblock. In the run game he has massive size and strength going for him but does he ever get to the second level? If Moore and Slauson are ex-Jets next year, all we have done is give Suckchez another excuse for a wasted year!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I have been saying since it was first announced that they were "platooning", they should just pick one and and move forward. For better or worse. If their jobs are on the line and they really think he is better than they should start him full-time. Or if they just want him to play to try to save face they should just play him. **** or get off the pot.

This is just a microcosm of what is wrong with this team. No identity, no continuity. They think they can have Tebow come in and play and have it not effect their QB. They think they can rotate lineman like RBs. There is no real direction.

I never thought it would crash and burn like this. These next five opponents are going to put some lipstick on the pig. The Jets are going to look good against these teams. I hope Woody can see through the facade.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    I dont know if this has been posted but i heard Kay on the radio yesterday and hes clueless. The issue is Tanny feels the pressure and this pick has been a thorn on his side since he made it, hes covering his a$$ to save his job. Also Slauson is FA and they wont have $$ to sign him so this move stinks of him being the starter next year.
    Pretty accurate point. I think Tanny is still trying to justify this pick ever since he's made it. Let's be fair here, Vlad should have been cut his rookie year but since he was a high draft pick, and ever more importantly he's from UMass & a Tanny guy, he'll get 10x the chances Gholston got with this team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Pretty accurate point. I think Tanny is still trying to justify this pick ever since he's made it. Let's be fair here, Vlad should have been cut his rookie year but since he was a high draft pick, and ever more importantly he's from UMass & a Tanny guy, he'll get 10x the chances Gholston got with this team.
    Agree with all except.... Gholsten got more opportunity than others would get.
    Maybin was better than the GHOST and Maybin was given a year?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing worse than drafting a bust is holding onto them for too long.

Like Carmela once said, "more is lost by indecision than wrong decision."

Just cut bait and move on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    I dont know if this has been posted but i heard Kay on the radio yesterday and hes clueless. The issue is Tanny feels the pressure and this pick has been a thorn on his side since he made it, hes covering his a$$ to save his job. Also Slauson is FA and they wont have $$ to sign him so this move stinks of him being the starter next year.
    So a 2nd round pick is the cause for losing his job and not trading up to #5 to pick a QB who has regressed? Oooookk

According to our own Tony Pauline Callahan was in favor of drafting Ducasse. But once Vlad came aboard Callahan soured on him and basically ignored him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This isn't even close to true. Many teams in the NFL "platoon" members or their Olines now and then for a variety of reasons.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    This isn't even close to true. Many teams in the NFL "platoon" members or their Olines now and then for a variety of reasons.
    Define "many" and "platoon".

Guys get replaced for poor performance or injury. Continuity is essential for an OL.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 11-30-2012 at 11:44 PM.