Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets OL coach says Vlad/Slauson rotation was ORDERED FROM ORGANIZATION

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Guge is tryin' to c-h-a b/c the O-line is playing like c-r-a-p.

Veteran
    I dont know if this has been posted but i heard Kay on the radio yesterday and hes clueless. The issue is Tanny feels the pressure and this pick has been a thorn on his side since he made it, hes covering his a$$ to save his job. Also Slauson is FA and they wont have $$ to sign him so this move stinks of him being the starter next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am vindicated once again. Batting pretty close to 1.000 this season. Tanny must go.

Our OL is going to be a mess next year if both Slauson and Moore leave.

I was hard on Guge but FWIW Brick and Mangold have bounced back under his watch. So that has to count for something.
    Like the avatar.

Is that the play where Sanchez tried to go into a slide but Moore was backed up several feet by Wilfork into Sanchez' face?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Like the avatar.

Is that the play where Sanchez tried to go into a slide but Moore was backed up several feet by Wilfork into Sanchez' face?
    Yes, but the bolded part is a misconception. Collinsworth is an idiot. Moore actually pushed Wilfork back a yard.

The organization needs to learn a thing or two from every other team. Don't air your dirty laundry to the entire world. Don't let your players, coaches, or owners do it. This weird fetishization of "honesty" is just stupid. To be tight-lipped is not to be dishonest, it is to be prudent. Prudence seems lacking in our organization right now.

Tebow is an exception he has always been wise and humble and wouldn't air dirty laundry in the press. It's called self-control (ahem, Cromartie ever heard of that) and prudence (ahem, Rex!).

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I also havent wore my jersey, hats, t shirts etc. in months.
    Yup, had you figured out for awhile now. Some Jets fan you are

Go wear your Pats stuff...pathetic you don't wear your colors....I Bleed Green...wore my Jets stuff out last night. Damn proud to do so as well

You're all wind...constant *****ing, no backbone

The funny thing is I bet most people here don't even know if and when Vlad is in the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

Go wear your Pats stuff...pathetic you don't wear your colors....I Bleed Green...wore my Jets stuff out last night. Damn proud to do so as well

Woody loves you too.....

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

Wow. This thread made it to 6 pages before the typical BS name calling started that has become the standard for this forum. Up to that point, it was actually a readbale thread about Jets football and the organization with decent arguments being made. Kudos to those who kept it on point for that long. Some of us still remember when this was the place to go to actually discuss ideas about the Jets and to get information.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Look, there are 2 seperate things going on here.

1. No Oline coach decides who plays and who doesnt, he is very far down the pecking order when it comes to what guys are on the field. Of course "it would come from a higher up" that Vlad needs to be rotated.

2. The problem here is that this is indicative of the lack of dicipline in the organization, and its not just the players anymore. Starting with the Strength coach tripping a player on the sideline, all Duge did here is throw rex under the bus for his own gain, which is unacceptable.

The NFL doesnt work when you are everyones best friend, there isnt a player or employee in the organization with any fear of repercusions if they do something wrong. Its a disgrace
    Exactly.

The problem is not Rex telling an assistant coach who plays. That's the HC's JOB. Rex is ultimately responsible.

The issue here is the AC throwing the HC under the bus and it adds to the circus atmosphere.

The only issue about PT is when a GM or owner tells a HC who should play. That causes problems because, as noted, it's the HC's job to say who plays and who doesn't.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebow View Post
    The organization needs to learn a thing or two from every other team. Don't air your dirty laundry to the entire world. Don't let your players, coaches, or owners do it. This weird fetishization of "honesty" is just stupid. To be tight-lipped is not to be dishonest, it is to be prudent. Prudence seems lacking in our organization right now.

Tebow is an exception he has always been wise and humble and wouldn't air dirty laundry in the press. It's called self-control (ahem, Cromartie ever heard of that) and prudence (ahem, Rex!).
    If only Tebow had half the talent of Cromartie we'd be set at QB. Talent Tebow. Ever heard of that?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The funny thing is I bet most people here don't even know if and when Vlad is in the game.
    I guarantee that they don't. No one even mentioned the fact that Vlad was subbing in for Moore more than he was for Slauson last game. I'd like to see Smith at RT, and see how Howard does at guard since we're essentially in garbage time now. Howard is a mauler, but struggles mightily against speed rushers. He'd be a huge guard. With Howard and Vlad at the guard spots we'd have maybe the two biggest strongest guards in the league. Just sayin. It's worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I guarantee that they don't. No one even mentioned the fact that Vlad was subbing in for Moore more than he was for Slauson last game. I'd like to see Smith at RT, and see how Howard does at guard since we're essentially in garbage time now. Howard is a mauler, but struggles mightily against speed rushers. He'd be a huge guard, but if Gallery could do it... With Howard and Vlad at the guard spots we'd have maybe the two biggest strongest guards in the league. Just sayin. It's worth a look.
    I'd like to see Smith at RT too or see if he can play OG. He's supposed to be good at run blocking with his liability being pass blocking on an island. Why not move him inside and see what he can do.

What is Rex refering to when he says Vlad has great feet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Caster View Post
    What is Rex refering to when he says Vlad has great feet?
    Toe cleavage?

I don't see what the issue is here. Rex and Tanny want Ducasse to get some snaps to develop, The team is not going to win (most likely) this year so the kids should play. The oline coach wants to play his best players as his job is on the line like any nfl coach.

I take the SG3 and Ray Ray typical position "nothing to see here folks"

Tanny drafted a LT when we already had D'Brick. What a retarded pick.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Exactly.

The problem is not Rex telling an assistant coach who plays. That's the HC's JOB. Rex is ultimately responsible.

The issue here is the AC throwing the HC under the bus and it adds to the circus atmosphere.

The only issue about PT is when a GM or owner tells a HC who should play. That causes problems because, as noted, it's the HC's job to say who plays and who doesn't.
    The issue is we have a Head Coach who is respected by noone. Not the players and not the assistant coaches. There is no accountability on this team and everyone knows it.

Can yo imagine this happening to Belichek or Parcells?

Rex has got to go.

It's best to do what I'm told
    On the face of it, it just looks wrong. I try to judge what I see on the field more than what I read but that's a red flag.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I am vindicated once again. Batting pretty close to 1.000 this season. Tanny must go.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Tanny?

Dude, the whole house needs to be cleaned out. From top to bottom.

Rex is a dunce.
    I agree. But Tanny is worse than Rex IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    clean house its the only way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    woody is turning out to be worse than jerry jones in team meddling only thing jones has won a few super bowls woody has not.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Its getting to the point where all you have to do is wait for a few hours before the JETS embarrass themselves again.

You really cant make this stuff up

The biggest joke I've ever seen.

Thanks again Woody, you've created this!
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    Wow. This thread made it to 6 pages before the typical BS name calling started that has become the standard for this forum. Up to that point, it was actually a readbale thread about Jets football and the organization with decent arguments being made. Kudos to those who kept it on point for that long. Some of us still remember when this was the place to go to actually discuss ideas about the Jets and to get information.
    Solid, solid Jets discussion. Yup, glad to know you remember this place when it was the place to go for solid discussion....you and your 400 plus posts.

Solid contributions, Zippy