Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets OL coach says Vlad/Slauson rotation was ORDERED FROM ORGANIZATION

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't blame the guy being angry given that immediately after the butt fumble Colinsworth claimed Moore was "forklifted" and then a bunch of reporters repeated the same nonsense.

As absurd as the butt fumble was, it's even more absurd that it was reported as a failure by the offensive line when anyone who saw the play could see Moore was maintaining his block.

Collinsworth and every idiot that repeated that nonsense should be called out. Cris Collinsworth should be forklifted out of the broadcasting seat. The guy sounds like everyone's young uncle who is perpetually drunk and trying to be funny.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kudos to the guy for saying what needed to be said. Still can't get that Vlad "misdirection" pull at the goal line out of my mind from last week. Just ludicrous.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    Can't blame the guy being angry given that immediately after the butt fumble Colinsworth claimed Moore was "forklifted" and then a bunch of reporters repeated the same nonsense.

As absurd as the butt fumble was, it's even more absurd that it was reported as a failure by the offensive line when anyone who saw the play could see Moore was maintaining his block.

Collinsworth and every idiot that repeated that nonsense should be called out. Cris Collinsworth should be forklifted out of the broadcasting seat. The guy sounds like everyone's young uncle who is perpetually drunk and trying to be funny.
    I was screaming at the TV from the moment it happened.
    Collingsworth simply didnt understand what he was seeing, and he kept repeating his WRONG observation.
    Moore was not the problem!
    Idiot Sanchez was out of control...

For Moron Collinsworth to repeatedly blame Moore for that play was just pure stupidity & a simple lack of understanding (on his part) of NFL football..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    I was screaming at the TV from the moment it happened.
    Collingsworth simply didnt understand what he was seeing, and he kept repeating his WRONG observation.
    Moore was not the problem!
    Idiot Sanchez was out of control...

For Moron Collinsworth to repeatedly blame Moore for that play was just pure stupidity & a simple lack of understanding (on his part) of NFL football..
    At first I thought he was saying it in an effort to defend Sanchez, but then I remembered that he does that type of thing a lot. He sees what he wants to see, the replay shows he's wrong, but yet he goes on trying to sell his same misguided viewpoint.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    In a week when the Jets are praying for a win and Bart Scott ripped his own team’s fans, offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo kept the chaos coming. A feisty DeGuglielmo told reporters Thursday that the rotation at left guard between Matt Slauson and Vlad Ducasse was “a directive from high above me.”

Though he never specifically stated his opposition, that directive did not seem to agree with DeGuglielmo. The offensive line coach said of Ducasse, “He's playing well enough to be an every third series guy. Maybe.”

Rex Ryan said the platoon was his decision.

The rotation was the most substantive part of a bizarre press conference with DeGuglielmo, who was speaking to reporters for the first time since training camp. The offensive line coach walked in hostile, cutting off a reporter’s question to make a statement regarding a complaint he had received from the league about his lack of access to the media. As an assistant coach DeGuglielmo was required to speak during the Jets’ bye week, but did not and has not since then.

“I made a commitment to speak to you people on the bye week, O.K.? I was sitting here Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday,” said DeGuglielmo.

“If anybody needed to speak with me, I was here. It’s not my job to find you.”

The Jets’ facility was closed during the bye week, which also happened to be the week of Hurricane Sandy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...rom-high-above
    For sure Slauson will be out of here next year and I can not blame him. Vlad is as big of a joke as WRECKS is! Only Tannybum can top them!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I know some people are going to knock him and say the team is spiraling out of control.

BUT

He is the only coach to give an honest answer about the teams performance. He is clearly not polished and might be a little rude but at least we are getting the truth rather than someone trying to force Kool-Aid down our throats.

But taking the owner and GM to task is going to cost him his job so we will probably never find out whether or not he is a good coach. But he is an honest one.
    He will go to another team and take Slauson with him. Then we will find out that Vlad can not play full time! Suckchez will have another excuse and life goes on!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    DeGuglielmo sucks and he needs to be fired. Blocking schemes suck and even Mangold has looked bad this year.

Also, it's bull**** for him to throw others under the bus like he did

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heard bad things about this guy from Miami friends. Not a good coach.

That said, he should stfu.

Since when are we entitled to know what really goes on?

There is something to be said for Parcells and the other guy in ne's way of one voice.

this thing is a real cluster fxxx

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    For sure Slauson will be out of here next year and I can not blame him. Vlad is as big of a joke as WRECKS is! Only Tannybum can top them!
    I know my buddy CMART, who is probably right, argues this is a development issue. I believe certain players just don't have it. Regardless of a scouting report...it is clear, visually clear that VLAD is NOT an NFL player yet we wasted a 2 on him????

A development player from a second tier school?

THAT is the 2010 draft in a nutshell.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its getting to the point where all you have to do is wait for a few hours before the JETS embarrass themselves again.

This morning it was Bart Scott.

That's now old news.

Now its the OLINE coach.

Totally out of left field

He is not a good fit for Rex and Woody because he hates talking to the media

You really cant make this stuff up

The biggest joke I've ever seen.

Thanks again Woody, you've created this!
    Last edited by copernicus; 11-29-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    DeGuglielmo sucks and he needs to be fired.
    I was going to type that same exact thing, word for word

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    You know what?

I think Guge WANTS to be fired to get the hell out of there.

And I don't blame him one bit...
    You're right, it's the first thing I thought when I read it. Hope he's got the brains to have something lined up. That's not a statement you want to explain at an interview.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I was going to type that same exact thing, word for word
    Hahaha, does that have you worried?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Its getting to the point where all you have to do is wait for a few hours before the JETS embarrass themselves again.

This morning it was Bart Scott.

That's now old news.

Now its the OLINE coach.

Totally out of left field

He is not a good fit for Rex and Woody because he hates talking to the media

You really cant make this stuff up

The biggest joke I've ever seen.

Thanks again Woody, you've created this!
    Dude, is there anything is this world that you won't try to blame on Woody?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and with this it is official: Tanny and Rex both need to go. I've been supporting them, but enough is enough. Forcing coaches to play guys to try and save face for your bad decisions is f*cking ludicrous.

F*ck both of them. Don't even wait until the season ends. Fire them now.

Unbelievable.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    ...and with this it is official: Tanny and Rex both need to go. I've been supporting them, but enough is enough. Forcing coaches to play guys to try and save face for your bad decisions is f*cking ludicrous.

F*ck both of them. Don't even wait until the season ends. Fire them now.

Unbelievable.
    Depends on whom is saying to play him and why they are saying it, doesn't it?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets see we all know the front office is forcing the coaches to start a crap QB, RBs that can't get anything done. OLBs and a ILB that are washed up. But we are shocked they are asking to start one crap G over anther. Draft Uzzi in the 3rd or 4th and be done with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ConorTOrr: The person "high above" O-line coach Dave DeGuglielmo telling him to play Ducasse? Rex Ryan #Jets #nyj | http://t.co/g0ldxBGP

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, is there anything is this world that you won't try to blame on Woody?

He owns the team, he hired Rex and his classless act, and has become extremely meddlesome.

He created all of this, from the stadium to PSLs, to Tebow, to John Cena

The JETs arent just 4-7, the are a TOTAL embarrassment.

There is ridiculous pathetic news coming from this organization just about every day and its all bad.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on whom is saying to play him and why they are saying it, doesn't it?

I know you are a Tebow guy, so you know nothing about this team prior to Denver trading your boy to us. But even last year there were reports about the coaches hinting that they were trying to boost some players' stats (making Sanchez force passes to Plaxico or Tone).

Now this stuff comes out about forcing a coach to give Vlad playing time when he doesn't deserve it. It's a recurring pattern. Whether it is Rex or Tanny, both are complicit, so both should be held accountable.

Fire them both.