Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 1st Round Draft Pick ->

Hard to pick any position outside of pass rusher (OLB) and QB.

QB is the biggest need but just don't pick one... Pick the one you think is going to turn into a very good player.

What I want won't happen, and thats change at QB.

We are stuck with our single biggest and most glaring weakness for at least the 2013 season.

It doesn't matter what "skill" player we would pick, if our Failchize QB is unable to see him, or utilize him or hold onto the ball long enough to get it to him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    My choice would be to trade down to get as many 2nd and 3rd round picks as possible. This team has a lot of holes that need to be filled, and it's time for them to make up for the limited drafts of the past few years.
    That's too smart..... And the development of players by REX is well....

All Pro
    Guard in the second round, absolutely.

Guard with a top 15 pick, no way. A pass rusher, WR, or running back (if there is one) is just sooooo much more valuable than a guard. Trade back in the first, take a guard with a late 1, I can see that.

Jets #1 problem on D, not being able to rush the passer. That is the only thing on D they should address in the first 2 rounds.

Jets #1 problem on O, no speed, no ability to make a big play. That is the only thing they should take in the first round IMO. Maybe a stud RT. But the O is too slow, and that has to be addressed for Sanchez or anyone future QB. Especially since Holmes will probably be gone after next year, get in another big WR to groom with Hill and Kerly.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

We are stuck with our single biggest and most glaring weakness for at least the 2013 season.

It doesn't matter what "skill" player we would pick, if our Failchize QB is unable to see him, or utilize him or hold onto the ball long enough to get it to him.
    So go into next season with two WRs that are actually ready to play in the NFL (Holmes, Kerley), two back up RBs, and no TEs ??? Why bother playing the season at all then?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Hard to pick any position outside of pass rusher (OLB) and QB.

QB is the biggest need but just don't pick one... Pick the one you think is going to turn into a very good player.
    Agreed. If the Qb is not there this year, wait. Do not force the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    I really doubt Rex stays after this year
    I'd be willing to bet he is here next year.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    My choice would be to trade down to get as many 2nd and 3rd round picks as possible. This team has a lot of holes that need to be filled, and it's time for them to make up for the limited drafts of the past few years.
    +1

There doesn't appear to be a "franchise qb" in the draft this year and we're on the hook for one more year with Sanchez. Plus there's enough vets around to bring in one to challenge him for the job next year. Now's the time to fill all the holes, O-Line, RB and Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Pass rusher in the round 1. Offense rest of the draft.

Look at the Colts. They didn't just draft Andrew Luck and say "oh he has Reggie Wayne, let's call it a day".

They did this the rest of the draft:
    TE (Fleener), TE (Allen), WR (Hilton), RB (Ballard), WR (Brazill)

We have to make some investments on offense.
    Another first round pick on a pass rusher? Really? Can we ask the Giants to draft the pass rusher for us then because we suck at it.

Get some offensive talent and speed first.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

I don't know that that is 100% the case.

I agree that Sanchez is on the team next year - not many attractive ways to get him out of here. But, if we bring in some type of viable alternative - a second/third rounder (or a guy like Kirk Cousins), I can see a situation where he gets to compete with Sanchez. Assuming Sanchez is in fact on the team, I'm sure he gets told that this is his last shot and he has nothing guaranteed for him.

Can a non-top 10 rookie start in the first season? Sure, its possible.

The reality is that 2013 is going to be a difficult year for the Jets. Our realistic best case scenario is for the QB situation to sort itself out by 2014, when our cap situation becomes more tenable. But, stranger things have happened - the 2006 Jet team was supposed to be rebuilding as well.

All League
    Sanchez is more than capable to lead this team to a championship. I say put talent around him first. If he fails, then go out and get a top QB.

I'm not really seeing any skill position player worth taking in the first round. No RB, QB or WR. There are few WRs, but really with Sanchez, he'll be looking only at Kerley and Holmes with Hill sprinked in. Go pass rusher. But please, please don't miss the fn pick!

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Sanchez is more than capable to lead this team to a championship. I say put talent around him first. If he fails, then go out and get a top QB.
    Huh Being among the worst NFL QB in the league 4 years running somehow makes him capable to lead this team to the championship.... THat's crazy.

I know he played well in a few playoff games, but he is inconsistent at best, terrible at worst. He's never played well for 4 straight games in his NFL career, and is among the worst NFL QBs in every major category who's played more than 40 games in the last 3 seasons.

In the sense that he plays QB as a starter in the NFL, sure he's capable. In the sense that the Jets have never had a backup that was among the top 45 QBs in the NFL in Sanchez's tenure, no... hes not.

All Pro
    no quarterback especially USC quarterbacks.. they alll stink, defensive lineman, running back, in first round

Mingo, Teo, Joeckel,

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    Mike Glennon QB - NC State
    Sanchez is absolute dogsh!t
    AND THAT IS THAT!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uygMU8GbWPE
    This guy will never be more than a back up in the NFL. I live 15 minutes from NC State. This guy is not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Pass rusher in the round 1. Offense rest of the draft.

Look at the Colts. They didn't just draft Andrew Luck and say "oh he has Reggie Wayne, let's call it a day".

They did this the rest of the draft:
    TE (Fleener), TE (Allen), WR (Hilton), RB (Ballard), WR (Brazill)

We have to make some investments on offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    This guy will never be more than a back up in the NFL. I live 15 minutes from NC State. This guy is not that good.
    I agree....good kid. He is TJ Yates 2 nd.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Huh Being among the worst NFL QB in the league 4 years running somehow makes him capable to lead this team to the championship.... THat's crazy.

I know he played well in a few playoff games, but he is inconsistent at best, terrible at worst. He's never played well for 4 straight games in his NFL career, and is among the worst NFL QBs in every major category who's played more than 40 games in the last 3 seasons.

In the sense that he plays QB as a starter in the NFL, sure he's capable. In the sense that the Jets have never had a backup that was among the top 45 QBs in the NFL in Sanchez's tenure, no... hes not.
    You might be retarded. He was 1 game away from the Super Bowl...... Twice. I would say that is capable. You don't have any argument whatsoever.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I don't think anyone will say that Sanchez doesn't have talent. He does. There have been (short) stretches where he's tossed the ball around quite well. So yes, he's potentially "capable". But, should we have any confidence that he can put together an entire season of effective QBing? Sorry, no. He simply has shown - to this point - that he is simply too inconsistent to be trusted or at least counted on.

Now, is it possible that everything will come together for him, that the game will slow down to the point that he can finally realize his full potential? Sure - its definitely possible. He's still young. But, should we count on it? Not unless you're used to disappointment.

We can hope, but hope ain't a strategy. The reality is is that Sanchez will probably be on this team next year. But to not find someone (young or old) to at least compete with him, would be the height of foolishness.

All Pro
    Problem is not qb worth taking in the 1st rd that's better than Sanchez.. I would rather take a skill player or a guy like Te'o or Jones. And take a qb in rd 2 one of them big arm dudes like Landry jones or they kid from Tennessee.