Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 1st Round Draft Pick ->

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    You don't take a G or TE in the 1st round. period. If we do it is an automatic fail IMO. My early draft board would look something like this.

1 Barkley - Biggest need the only QB prospect I like early 1st
    2 Manti - Drafting a MLB last year aside friggen A he is a beast.
    3 Dee Milliner - So we can trade Cro. and not have to sweat Revis.
    4 Mingo - Not only for the talent but the name.
    5 Monty
    6 Bjoern Werner
    7 Damontre Moore - only if we go 4-3
    8 Tyler Wilson - Maybe our best option for QB where we will pick.
    9 Xavier Rhodes - See Milliner
    10 Landry Jones - Liking him more and more lately. Think He'll rise after the combine.
    This is a horrible horrible list.

Priories in order: wr >>> OL >> olb >>>>> safety >>> everything else

Trade cro? No you trade revis. Revis is done as a jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post

Trading Revis doesn't save you a dime in cap space. Cro is older and a lot easier to move and saves you a ton of cap space. WR is way low on this team needs. QB>OLB>RB>DB>OL>Everything else. We have playmakers we need someone that can get then the damn ball.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post

Trade Funaz instead. Great idea...trade the best defensive player in the NFL and a sure HOFer for a crapshoot shot at a wide receiver.....the winning Mart Millen drafting strategy

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    This years draft isn't about drafting a QB at least not in the first round as Barkley and Smith aren't worth the 1st round in my opinion. While there are a plethora of defensive players in this years draft that could make a difference on our team the idea of drafting yet another defensive player in the 1st round when the offense is this poor makes no sense.

Now addressing the offense; we have needs at the offensive line, WR, TE and RB spots. You don't draft a RB when you have so many needs in the 1st round unless theres an AP in the draft. WR is a spot I can see the Jets drafting in the first round but I believe there are some 2nd round talent to be had. Over the last couple of years there has only been a handful of WR's that have come out and made an immediate impact year 1. I think the Jets have to find a player that starts day 1 and fills a need, that player for me is Warmack. He's probably a top 5 player overall regardless of position and settles 1 of the two empty spots of Slauson and Moore both of whom have contracts expire at years end.

If Warmack gets to us in the 13-18 range (doubly) I would go hard after WR Marquess Wilson out of Washington State because once Holmes is released or traded in 2014 will need another WR to go with Hill and Kerley. Holmes will be a safe cut in 2014 with a cap savings of $8.2m and a cap hit of $2.5m. Holmes will put up better numbers in 2013 but his attitude and lack of leadership isn't what you expect out of your franchise WR, so I suspect the next GM or HC will get him out as soon as possible. He could be trade bait if he puts up decent numbers. A third year Hill and a second year Wilson will be a really good 1-2 punch along with a 4th year Kerley in the slot.

With so many holes on offense I doubt we go after a TE for Keller. Keller is a free agent this year (2013) I think the Jets let him walk (UFA) we would need to find capable TE's which I think we can easily find. Again I like a draft prospect like Levine Toilolo in the 3rd round but I think we find some veteran TE's to fill this void.

The RB spot may be a surprise in that there will be some capable RB's that we can pick up. RB's are a dime a dozen one hit to the knee and there goes your 1st round pick. Time and time again theres a 5th or 6th round pick that shows pro-bowl potential behind a good offensive line. With Powell and McKnight I think we will pick up one more back in FA and have them all compete for the #1 spot. I think McKnight offers a good balance of running and catching ability. The key will be if he can pass block reliably. Powell does pass block well, but his catching ability isn't at the level of McKnights.

I do not know what we do at the RT position. Get a veteran to compete with Howard seems likely. Howard may improve over time to start next year but we need a veteran if he doesn't. The other OG spot needs an upgrade so I doubt we sign Moore or Slauson again. It amazes me how other teams find decent guards in the heap all the time. I hope the Jets find one, if not late draft or FA.

Thats my thoughts for now

Quote Originally Posted by Beercules View Post
    I think Warmack would be the smart decision...unfortunately with Sanchez's contract being so ridiculous the Jets cannot cut him nor find any suitors who would trade for him and take on his contract. I definitely don't see a franchise QB in this draft, I think Geno Smith is a system guy who has unbelievable WR's and I will never want a USC QB again ever so no to Barkley. So why not build the OL up again? We likely are losing Brandon Moore, obviously Ducasse sucks after our OL coach publicly bashed him. I'd be all for Chance Warmack, he seems like a safe pick, has dominated SEC defensive lineman and we cannot afford to swing and miss this year. I'd also say we should go into next season saying it is a complete open competition at QB between Sanchez and McElroy (I feel like there is no way Tebow is back next year but I could be wrong).

I read a rumor that the Raiders might be looking to trade McFadden since Reece played so well in his absence...guy has been injury prone but his talent cannot be denied. Maybe a 3rd can get him (especially since we'll have a high pick), draft Warmack and another WR and we can be on the right track. It'll give Sanchez no excuses if he sucks and will set up a decent cast for whoever who move onto next
    I seriously doubt Raiders trade Darren McFadden . They wouldn't have fired the OC( Greg Knapp) and changed the blocking scheme back to a power blocking scheme (that fits McFadden game more than the zone blocking) If the plan was to cut him.

That wouldn't make any sense. Raiders made there choice and Darren McFadden will be their main RB playing in a system that better utilizes his skills.

You don't take a G or TE in the 1st round. period. If we do it is an automatic fail IMO.
    Mangold and Brick were busts?

I agree in this draft. I believe we should trade down and get more playmakers. This is a B Grade or less draft, so a lot of players at the same level for mid first through 3rd rounds, which means we can end up with 6 or 7 pics in the first through third rounds and have some new talent, at OL, WR, RB, and QB, TE and LB... We need a drafting guru, but ... it is possible to have 3 starters come out of this draft and a few guys to get ready to compete.

My .02 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    This years draft isn't about drafting a QB at least not in the first round as Barkley and Smith aren't worth the 1st round in my opinion. While there are a plethora of defensive players in this years draft that could make a difference on our team the idea of drafting yet another defensive player in the 1st round when the offense is this poor makes no sense.
    Exactly, trade down and get more pics.

Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    Mangold and Brick were busts?

I agree in this draft. I believe we should trade down and get more playmakers. This is a B Grade or less draft, so a lot of players at the same level for mid first through 3rd rounds, which means we can end up with 6 or 7 pics in the first through third rounds and have some new talent, at OL, WR, RB, and QB, TE and LB... We need a drafting guru, but ... it is possible to have 3 starters come out of this draft and a few guys to get ready to compete.

My .02 cents.
    Mangold and Brick play G and TE? Guess I need to brush up a lot more on football Seriously, there's a big difference between taking a LT top 10 and taking a guard. And there's a difference between taking a guard or center at the end of the 1st round and taking them in top 10.

I'd be cool with trading down. I'd also be down with trading for picks in next year's draft, under the theory that we may want to draft or trade for a QB next year, when better QBs should be available by draft or trade than this year. Get extra picks in the 2014 draft so we have something to trade.

You don't take a G or TE in the 1st round. period. If we do it is an automatic fail IMO. My early draft board would look something like this.

1 Barkley - Biggest need the only QB prospect I like early 1st
    2 Manti - Drafting a MLB last year aside friggen A he is a beast.
    3 Dee Milliner - So we can trade Cro. and not have to sweat Revis.
    4 Mingo - Not only for the talent but the name.
    5 Monty
    6 Bjoern Werner
    7 Damontre Moore - only if we go 4-3
    8 Tyler Wilson - Maybe our best option for QB where we will pick.
    9 Xavier Rhodes - See Milliner
    10 Landry Jones - Liking him more and more lately. Think He'll rise after the combine.
    Manti is off my list now. It is a bad reason but I can't get over the whole fake girlfriend thing. I lost a lot of respect for him regardless of how that went down. 2nd round yes. Geno is winning me over put him at 4 move Dee and Ming up. Keenan Allen overtakes Jones at least for now. Still think Jones will rise just not that far.

Trading Revis doesn't save you a dime in cap space. Cro is older and a lot easier to move and saves you a ton of cap space. WR is way low on this team needs. QB>OLB>RB>DB>OL>Everything else. We have playmakers we need someone that can get then the damn ball.
    Trading team MVP sounds like Same Old Jets strategy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjoe View Post
    Trading team MVP sounds like Same Old Jets strategy to me.
    Really when have we done that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    Mike Glennon QB - NC State

Sanchez is absolute dogsh!t
    AND THAT IS THAT!!
    He does look good in the highlight video.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    He does look good in the highlight video.
    Mark my words this kid Mike Glennon will be a QB in the mold of Drew Bledsoe. He has rare arm talent. Size. Anticipation. Glennon see's the field well.

Mark my words this kid Mike Glennon will be a QB in the mold of Drew Bledsoe. He has rare arm talent. Size. Anticipation. Glennon see's the field well.
    Agree. Like a Bledsoe, Vinnie or Flacco… guys who can really sling it and force defenses to cover the whole field. Needs to work on his footwork, but hard to question his mechanics, release and arm strength.

Jets Insider VIP
    Where does he get picked ? He's a top 5 QB on most draft lists.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Where does he get picked ? He's a top 5 QB on most draft lists.
    I believe he goes top 10. Jets might have to move ahead of Buffalo to grab Glennon.

Jets Insider VIP
    I believe he goes top 10. Jets might have to move ahead of Buffalo to grab Glennon.
    Wow, I'm glad I'm just an observer and not a picker.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Agreed, Jets should not even consider a defensive player for at least the first 4 rounds.
    Thank God you're not in charge of anything.

Passrush in the first then the most value at positions of need for the remaining picks ie wr, rb, qb, te, ol, s in no particular order

Glennon is neither smart nor accurate.

Bust written all over him. I want no part of him, and pity the team who does.

All Pro
    Ugh.

Glennon has no business being a top 10 pick.

Fire Idzik on the spot if he trade up for this guy.

He has upside, yes. He also has a pile of flaws.