Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 1st Round Draft Pick ->

All League
    Any one of these prospects will do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

Bring the draft forum back to the landing strip!!!

There is no banter over there.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beercules View Post
    I read a rumor that the Raiders might be looking to trade McFadden since Reece played so well in his absence...guy has been injury prone but his talent cannot be denied. Maybe a 3rd can get him (especially since we'll have a high pick), draft Warmack and another WR and we can be on the right track. It'll give Sanchez no excuses if he sucks and will set up a decent cast for whoever who move onto next
    Injuries or no, McFadden is a top 2 back when healthy and while he hasn't been I doubt the Raiders give him away. If I'm the Jets and they do in fact trade him, I suspect a 2nd rounder would be the price. And again, his so young and dynamic I would trade him. He would make Powell and whomever else in the backfield better.

Warmack is the best pick for a high draft pick because he fills a position of need and he's really safe in terms of getting a 10 year pro-bowl type guy. If somehow the Raiders did trade McFadden and we ended up with Warmack wow went a significant upgrade to our offense. We still have to address the TE, RT and WR positions. But that would be a great start

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Need some Texas A&M guys:

Joeckel Moore Swope

how about Dustin Hopkins?

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    how about Dustin Hopkins?
    Nick Folk is better

Banned
    The way I see it is that you have to look at the offense and defense as units. Which unit needs the most help? The answer is obvious, its the offense. We need more speed and play makers on offense. Drafting a guy who can rush the QB is great but ultimately we need to put pts on the board. But that being said the 1st rd will be 75% defensive players. Trading back to say the Jaguars 2nd rd pick would make sense bc we would acquire some more picks and still be able to get a top offensive talent with that pick. The draft should definitely be heavy offense. You can find a pass rusher later in the draft. We can't keep neglecting the offense.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I like this theory. But we need to find our Andrew Luck first.
    Andrew Luck was drafted last year. I don't think there are any more Andrew Luck's around.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    If you're the Jets you obviously have to address the lack of talent on offense. Since adding a Franchise QB isn't likely with Barkley & Smith not being top 15 talent I think they should look at other positions on offense to fill major voids.

My choice would be OL and specifically OG Chance Warmack. He would immediately start at either the LG or RG position. Moore is a UFA and is 33 so I doubt he would be back. Slauson while serviceable doesn't get push off of the line and we need better push from the inside of our OL.

My second choice would be WR Justin Hunter. He's a really good WR with great size, speed and guess what - he can catch. He is a polished WR with great hands and speed. At 6'4 210 he goes across the middle and beats press coverage and is probably the best WR that has come out of the draft since Cincy's Green.

I think Hunter will go in the top 6 picks as there are lots of teams that could use a 1st tier WR. The same could be same for Warmack as he's a top 5 players in terms of ranking and talent, but OG rarely go in the top ten. I think he may make it to the 10-12 spot where I think the Jets will be selecting at.

Thoughts??
    Trade down to add as many picks as possible and then take one of the better QBs available. MUST draft a QB

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    Mike Glennon QB - NC State

Sanchez is absolute dogsh!t
    AND THAT IS THAT!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uygMU8GbWPE
    I don't watch a lot of college football.

That video was impressive - where is he projected to go?

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Another first round pick on a pass rusher? Really? Can we ask the Giants to draft the pass rusher for us then because we suck at it.

Get some offensive talent and speed first.
    Agreed, Jets should not even consider a defensive player for at least the first 4 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    My choice would be to trade down to get as many 2nd and 3rd round picks as possible. This team has a lot of holes that need to be filled, and it's time for them to make up for the limited drafts of the past few years.
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I don't watch a lot of college football.

That video was impressive - where is he projected to go?
    Mike Glennon is rising quickly on all draft boards. He has all the tools that a franchise QB must have. He's 6'6, 230lbs, rocket arm, feels pressure, anticipates well, ect...

I have seen him projected in the 1st round.

I'd jump on this kid.

North Carolina State quarterback Mike Glennon has some rare physical skills.

He's six-feet-six-inches tall, which is ideal for his position, and few players can match his arm strength. Those two qualities alone are enough to get him on the radar of most scouts.

But hype has started to build around the idea that Glennon may be the draft's best signal caller and could find a home in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft. Let's take a look at where the buzz is coming from and whether there is anything to it.

Why Mike Glennon could be a first round pick

Size and Arm Talent

Glennon's combination of size and arm talent is unmatched by any of his draft counterparts. He has the prototypical build to play quarterback in the NFL and has the arm strength to make all of the throws in the route tree. Glennon has enough arm strength to make throws off his back foot and from unnatural angles, which is a must in the NFL.

Beyond just his natural arm talent, though, Glennon exhibits solid throwing mechanics. He naturally shifts his weight from his back foot to his front foot when throwing and has a high release point. His release is also smooth and quick enough to succeed in the NFL.

Experience in a pro style offense

Not many quarterbacks enter the draft with four years of experience in a pro-style offense. Glennon will. His game definitely reflects his experience in certain areas. Glennon's drop-backs from under center are smooth and natural. He won't need to adjust much in that area. He also has some practice going through reads, which will be crucial at the next level.

North Carolina State quarterback Mike Glennon has some rare physical skills.

He's six-feet-six-inches tall, which is ideal for his position, and few players can match his arm strength. Those two qualities alone are enough to get him on the radar of most scouts.

But hype has started to build around the idea that Glennon may be the draft's best signal caller and could find a home in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft. Let's take a look at where the buzz is coming from and whether there is anything to it.

Why Mike Glennon could be a first round pick

Size and Arm Talent

Glennon's combination of size and arm talent is unmatched by any of his draft counterparts. He has the prototypical build to play quarterback in the NFL and has the arm strength to make all of the throws in the route tree. Glennon has enough arm strength to make throws off his back foot and from unnatural angles, which is a must in the NFL.

Beyond just his natural arm talent, though, Glennon exhibits solid throwing mechanics. He naturally shifts his weight from his back foot to his front foot when throwing and has a high release point. His release is also smooth and quick enough to succeed in the NFL.

Experience in a pro style offense

Not many quarterbacks enter the draft with four years of experience in a pro-style offense. Glennon will. His game definitely reflects his experience in certain areas. Glennon's drop-backs from under center are smooth and natural. He won't need to adjust much in that area. He also has some practice going through reads, which will be crucial at the next level.
    This guy seems ideal. Would we have a shot at 15ish? Let's get this kid and then draft wr's with the next two picks.

IMO Rex stays next year. The jets should use this draft to fix both the oline and Safety The jets need upgrading or restocking on 3 o-line spots and both safeties or at minimum 1 safety.

These positions are less scheme specific and would blend easily with the way any HC runs a scheme.

Most likely the jets finish 7-9 or 8-8 with the remaining opponents winning percentage of .300. With Rex on the hot seat, I would not want him having anything to do with a young 1st rd qb. The jets will pick from 14-19 and should trade down once. Trading down 10 spots will get you a 2nd.

using the top hundred from GBN- //www.gbnreport.com/top100.html My picks would be along the line of

late 20s Barret Jones has played all three oline positions well in the sec
    jets 2nd Dallas Thomas, again played both guard and tackle in the SEC
    late 2nd (trade) Robert Lester tall rangy FS to match up with TE.
    mid 3rd Brennan Williams Tackle NC- Tall, excelent pass blocker who will drop due to labrum injury in October.

This way when Sanchez is replaced in 2014 or he has a rebirth he is playing behind a solid oline, and whatever RB the jets have will be running behind a solid oline.
    Last edited by patman; 12-01-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Mike Glennon is rising quickly on all draft boards. He has all the tools that a franchise QB must have. He's 6'6, 230lbs, rocket arm, feels pressure, anticipates well, ect...

I have seen him projected in the 1st round.

I'd jump on this kid.

I have been hyping him too, He is not NFL ready IMO but has the tools. he needs to sit and I think that pushes him down out of the first. The guy had no weapons or a good oline.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Any one of these prospects will do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

That was funny!

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I have been hyping him too, He is not NFL ready IMO but has the tools. he needs to sit and I think that pushes him down out of the first. The guy had no weapons or a good oline.
    He kind of reminds me of Joe Flacco.

The plan should be to change coaching regimes and Get Mike Holmgren in here! Draft Glennon, sign a stop gap journeyman like Jason Campbell, Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, anybody. Try to give the Sanchise away for a taco supreme.

If Glennon is not ready to start the season as the starter then let him sit and learn from Holmgren.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Huh Being among the worst NFL QB in the league 4 years running somehow makes him capable to lead this team to the championship.... THat's crazy.

I know he played well in a few playoff games, but he is inconsistent at best, terrible at worst. He's never played well for 4 straight games in his NFL career, and is among the worst NFL QBs in every major category who's played more than 40 games in the last 3 seasons.

In the sense that he plays QB as a starter in the NFL, sure he's capable. In the sense that the Jets have never had a backup that was among the top 45 QBs in the NFL in Sanchez's tenure, no... hes not.
    Great post. I don't get why people can't see this