Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2013 1st Round Draft Pick ->

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Ugh.

Glennon has no business being a top 10 pick.

Fire Idzik on the spot if he trade up for this guy.

He has upside, yes. He also has a pile of flaws.
    This can be said of just about every QB prospect this year. There is no perfect, flawless kid out there right now. If history has taught us anything regarding the draft, it is that there will be a few QBs taken in the first round this year. There will be some teams who fall in love with these arm talent guys. I know I have talked a lot about Tyler Bray, but once the work outs start and teams see him throw, he will IMO get himself into the second round discussion.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Thank God you're not in charge of anything.

Passrush in the first then the most value at positions of need for the remaining picks ie wr, rb, qb, te, ol, s in no particular order
    agree. OLB has the best value in the 1st round this year and its a need. then go all offense. hopefully we can trade down and get more picks

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    if 1 of the stud pass rushers is there #9, take it..otherwise go O. I hope the blueprint is something like. For first 4 rounds, 3 picks will be for Offense.. Oline,qb,RB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    agree. OLB has the best value in the 1st round this year and its a need. then go all offense. hopefully we can trade down and get more picks
    2nd and 3rd round, this year, have more value than the 1st.

The first rounder this year should be traded by Idzik for somebody's first next season.

That will accomodate 2 firsts next year that can possibly be used to move up to get much better value next season higher in the draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    2nd and 3rd round, this year, have more value than the 1st.

The first rounder this year should be traded by Idzik for somebody's first next season.

That will accomodate 2 firsts next year that can possibly be used to move up to get much better value next season higher in the draft.
    So I will ask this question again, who is going to be available at #9 that someone is going to give up next years #1?? And then, why would the Jets not need that player as well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So I will ask this question again, who is going to be available at #9 that someone is going to give up next years #1?? And then, why would the Jets not need that player as well.
    Hypothetically speaking: If a stud CB or DL is BAP....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Hypothetically speaking: If a stud CB or DL is BAP....
    Well we know who is in the draft this year, who is the player that someone is going to want to trade a #1 next year for?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well we know who is in the draft this year, who is the player that someone is going to want to trade a #1 next year for?
    Star?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Star?
    Just about every mock I have seen has him going in the top 5.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know who the player would be, but Jets may not need that player because of position, but also because if Jets are smart they will realize they need a QB but this year doesn't have a worthy 1st round candidate. Next year might, and getting picks in the 2014 draft gives ammunition for a trade up (or if the Jets suck bad enough that they don't need to trade up, another 1st round pick). A

2014 pick could also be used to trade for a QB in 2014. To early to guess who will be on block in a year, but good ones come on trade market from time to time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    Don't know who the player would be, but Jets may not need that player because of position, but also because if Jets are smart they will realize they need a QB but this year doesn't have a worthy 1st round candidate. Next year might, and getting picks in the 2014 draft gives ammunition for a trade up (or if the Jets suck bad enough that they don't need to trade up, another 1st round pick). A

2014 pick could also be used to trade for a QB in 2014. To early to guess who will be on block in a year, but good ones come on trade market from time to time.
    I get the reason to trade down, I just think it is easier said than done, and I dont see the player that could be available at 9 that would be worth a team trading a future #1 for.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This can be said of just about every QB prospect this year. There is no perfect, flawless kid out there right now. If history has taught us anything regarding the draft, it is that there will be a few QBs taken in the first round this year. There will be some teams who fall in love with these arm talent guys. I know I have talked a lot about Tyler Bray, but once the work outs start and teams see him throw, he will IMO get himself into the second round discussion.
    Making a mistake on Bray in the 2nd round is far more tolerable than making a mistake with Glennon with the 9th pick. Like you said though there will be teams that will fall in love with a couple of guys (Glennon/Geno) and will reach for them in the first round. I would prefer to wait until the second round and land Bray/Barkley than reach for Glennon at 1 when we can get a game changer at OLB or trade down and get a stud Guard.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only QB worth the pick at #9 is Geno.

Other than that, I want the best pass rusher available because in all likelihood one of Mingo/Moore/Jones will be there.

If all three plus Geno are gone, I'd say get the hell outta there if you can at all. If not, I guess Warmack.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm starting to lean towards Eric Fisher at #9 myself.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post

Other than that, I want the best pass rusher available because in all likelihood one of Mingo/Moore/Jones will be there.
    Jones and Moore look legit - though I suspect they're gone by #9. I know this board is high on Mingo - but he looks a little thin/light from what I have seen. I'd be concerned about his ability to come in and be a starter or even anything more than a situational guy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I'm starting to lean towards Eric Fisher at #9 myself.
    +1

A lock to start from day one. Slide Howard inside and we have the makings of a great Oline.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    +1

A lock to start from day one. Slide Howard inside and we have the makings of a great Oline.
    Easiest way to mask other offensive deficiancies is by having a dominant OL.