Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Rutgers with Jets-sized choke job

  1. #41
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Well the great Florida State that was gonna beat Rutgers by 40 beat 6-7 Georgia Tech by 6. The same Georgia Tech that was blown out badly by Middle Tennessee State (8-4 Sun Belt team). The same Georgia Tech that lost by 24 to BYU. Man, they're a great team, what a brilliant showing by the Noles. Florida State deserves props for that 6 point win. Bama probably would have only won by 3.

    Very happy Rutgers avoided this juggernaut.

    Good luck with Bridgewater, he'll show Manuel what an NFL prospect is....
    Yea Rutgers would have given FSU a game

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rutgers has the same problem as Jets. A coach who refused to bench the QB. Not saying we'd have beaten them but FSU wasn't very impressive yesterday.

  3. #43
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never understood the fascination with Rutgers. One game has been parlayed into an NFL HC job and 6 yrs of exposure.

    The next time they live up to the hype will be the first time.

  4. #44
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Rutgers has the same problem as Jets. A coach who refused to bench the QB. Not saying we'd have beaten them but FSU wasn't very impressive yesterday.
    Wasnt impressed? The defense was about as dominant as you will see all year in college football. If we had an Oregon type of offense and better QB we could have won by 50.

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I never understood the fascination with Rutgers. One game has been parlayed into an NFL HC job and 6 yrs of exposure.

    The next time they live up to the hype will be the first time.
    How are they hyped? They are a slowly improving program. They were a bad call away from playing in the Sugar Bowl. Florida just lost to the team we shoulda beat. FSU had a very nice season but this is no Bowden dynasty. Rutgers is getting there. Maybe not as fast as some would like but I for one am happy with the baby steps.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 01-03-2013 at 01:06 AM.

  6. #46
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    How are they hyped? They are a slowly improving program. They were a bad call away from playing in the Sugar Bowl. Florida just lost to the team we shoulda beat. FSU had a very nice season but this is no Bowden dynasty. Rutgers is getting there. Maybe not as fast as some would like but I for one am happy with the baby steps.
    Seemed like a pretty down year in college football. Rutgers is on the right move with the move to the big 10. They just need to spend more money and recruit better.

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    Seemed like a pretty down year in college football. Rutgers is on the right move with the move to the big 10. They just need to spend more money and recruit better.
    It's a state school and folks are very political about spending. You know about NJ politics. When Schiano left we needed to keep our OL recruits. Hence Flood's promotion. The road gets tricky from here but the Big 10 $$ will help. We'll see how much.

  8. #48
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    It's a state school and folks are very political about spending. You know about NJ politics. When Schiano left we needed to keep our OL recruits. Hence Flood's promotion. The road gets tricky from here but the Big 10 $$ will help. We'll see how much.
    Yea its tough and FSU is going through the same thing on a bigger scale then RU. FSU will never have the Bowden dynasty years under Jimbo. The thing about Coach Bowden is players had the upmost respect for him. Can't be said about Jimbo (A saban guy).

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    Seemed like a pretty down year in college football. Rutgers is on the right move with the move to the big 10. They just need to spend more money and recruit better.
    Have you even been to Rutgers North? It is the crappiest area you could imagine a school to be built around. South isn't much better. They will never have good recruits because no one would actually want to live there. The biggest selling point is there are free soup kitchens all over for the homeless so free food. lol I'm not kidding. There is a reason why ND gets more NJ recruits then Rutgers. I went to Rutgers but if offered free room and board I'd rather go to Penn, ND, BC, Pitt, Maryland, or UCONN. Maybe Temple too. I actually like the Temple campus.

  10. #50
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rutgers North? I went to high school the town next to Piscataway and New Brunswick so I don't necessarily hate Rutgers. I dont think its a real college campus though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us