Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rutgers with Jets-sized choke job

Rutgers with Jets-sized choke job

With BCS bid on the line, and Louisville playing with a crippled Bridgewater (on one leg and broken wrist), Rutgers proceeds to blow a 14-3 2nd half lead in epic fashion. 3 turnovers. Dropped TD pass. Fake FG TD called back for illegal man downfield. Letting Bridgewater slice them up even though completely immobile. Could not get off field on 3rd down. Dropped pass turns into INT

On. and on. and on. and on. Sad sad day to be a Rutgers fan

Is is appropriate to say i rather be a jets fan then a rutgers fan right now?

win one of your last two games and you win the big east and go to a bcd bowl for the FIRST time ever.

the birthplace of college football?

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post

win one of your last two games and you win the big east and go to a bcd bowl for the FIRST time ever.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, they could have wrapped it up last week by beating a 4-6 team instead they lost by 3 TDs. Awesome

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

T'was tough to watch. Not nec. a Rutgers fan, but I know we have a bunch of Rutgers guys posting here, so I thought I'd check it out.

-

Karma...that's what they get for leaving the big east...good luck in the big ten

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Rutgers' last offensive play of the game was certainly... offensive. Talk about a Jets-esque way to end a football game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Rutgers' last offensive play of the game was certainly... offensive. Talk about a Jets-esque way to end a football game.
    Sanchez-esque miscommunication

Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    Karma...that's what they get for leaving the big east...good luck in the big ten

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Don't know if you can call it karma as Louisville is leaving as well, for the ACC.

It warms my heart to know that Rex, Sanchez and company aren't the only ones capable of ****-ups of this proportion. I came in late but jeez, that was really bad.

For those who missed it:

Rutgers had the ball with ~4m left with a tie game. QB makes a nice pass, but the WR makes an unnecessary dive for the ball, completely misses with his hands, knees the ball up into the air, and it's intercepted.

Defense allows a field goal, 20-17 Louisville.

Offense gets one first down, gets in the hurry up and the QB lofts one deep down field without a Rutgers receiver in sight. Looked almost like a punt return for the Louisville DB. Almost as bad as the butt-head play.

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post

Just got home from the game. I have season tickets for both Rutgers and the Jets. I never want to see another football game again.

Two teams who surround their QBs with WRs that can't catch.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Rutgers has choked away - what? - at least 3 BCS Bowl games in the past 6 years? Every year they seem to have it right there for the taking - and then they blow it.

If they can't get there through the Big East, hard to imagine a likely scenario that will get there via the Big Ten.

What a waste...

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Rutgers has choked away - what? - at least 3 BCS Bowl games in the past 6 years? Every year they seem to have it right there for the taking - and then they blow it.

If they can't get there through the Big East, hard to imagine a likely scenario that will get there via the Big Ten.

What a waste...
    And every time we lose because of dropped passes....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I have season tickets for both Rutgers and the Jets.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    All my teams suck

Wahhhh

Considering the level of play in the Big Ten, this may have been best chance for Rutgers to play in a BCS Bowl game for a long time.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Considering the level of play in the Big Ten, this may have been best chance for Rutgers to play in a BCS Bowl game for a long time.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

What a waste...
    Definitely 2006 and this season were "win and in" scenarios in which they could not get it done. Some interesting paralells, 2006 West Virginia went without Pat White and Rutgers could not beat the backup QB, losing in double OT. This year, Bridgewater is playing on one leg, the backup is in for some snaps, and Rutgers cannot get it done. Big East has been pretty mediocre for a while, so I'm sure there were other opportunities as well.

Blah, I hate football

All League
    I couldn't believe it (actually I could) that last play was hilarious. Who the F*ck reads press coverage in a two minute offense?

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I hope your kidding. This year alone Rutgers would not be able to beat (in a down Big Ten year) Mich, Mich St, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio St, Wisconsin, and Penn St. The Big East is the biggest joke in college football and RU could have dominated that conference.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    I hope your kidding. This year alone Rutgers would not be able to beat (in a down Big Ten year) Mich, Mich St, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio St, Wisconsin, and Penn St. The Big East is the biggest joke in college football and RU could have dominated that conference.
    Um I think you need to re read the statment you responded to