Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rutgers with Jets-sized choke job

Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    I hope your kidding. This year alone Rutgers would not be able to beat (in a down Big Ten year) Mich, Mich St, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio St, Wisconsin, and Penn St. The Big East is the biggest joke in college football and RU could have dominated that conference.
    Rutgers could beat every team on that list (this season). Their recruiting class would have been 3rd or 4th ranked in the Big 10 last year. I can see if you're gonna be a Big 10 homer and list the big name programs, but a huge LOL at putting Northwestern there, as if they are some football powerhouse. The Big 10 was objectively horrendous this season, the Big East was no worse. And we'll see how Penn State does v. Rutgers the next few years, those sanctions sure sound like program building blocks

I'll admit that Ohio State and Michigan are on a higher level in terms of recruiting than Rutgers and they will be tough to compete with. Everyone else is fair game, Rutgers will do fine in that conference.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Please post in proper forum. Last I knew Rutgers was not an NFL team.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Rutgers could beat every team on that list (this season). Their recruiting class would have been 3rd or 4th ranked in the Big 10 last year. I can see if you're gonna be a Big 10 homer and list the big name programs, but a huge LOL at putting Northwestern there, as if they are some football powerhouse. The Big 10 was objectively horrendous this season, the Big East was no worse. And we'll see how Penn State does v. Rutgers the next few years, those sanctions sure sound like program building blocks

I'll admit that Ohio State and Michigan are on a higher level in terms of recruiting than Rutgers and they will be tough to compete with. Everyone else is fair game, Rutgers will do fine in that conference.
    Give me whatever you are smoking please. I grew up 5 minutes away from RU and go to FSU so I have no bias for the big 10. If you honestly think that they can compete with Michigan, Ohio St, Mich St, Wisco every year then your nuts. They cant even beat Louisville, Pitt or fricken Kent St. And you can LOL at Northwestern or Penn St but they are clearly better teams then RU this season. Penn St has a great coach if he stays and Northwestern is 9-3 with a harder schedule then RU. I was rooting for RU to win so that they would play FSU in the orange bowl and lose by 40.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rutgers will have trouble winning a single Conference game for the next 3 seasons

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Give me whatever you are smoking please. I grew up 5 minutes away from RU and go to FSU so I have no bias for the big 10. If you honestly think that they can compete with Michigan, Ohio St, Mich St, Wisco every year then your nuts. They cant even beat Louisville, Pitt or fricken Kent St. And you can LOL at Northwestern or Penn St but they are clearly better teams then RU this season. Penn St has a great coach if he stays and Northwestern is 9-3 with a harder schedule then RU. I was rooting for RU to win so that they would play FSU in the orange bowl and lose by 40.
    Louisville started the season 9-0 and were ranked in the top 10 late in the season. Only Ohio State can say the same from the Big 10. Bridgewater would also be the best player in the Big 10 and he may go #1 in the 2014 draft. Whatever you're smoking is obviously stronger than what I am. MSU and Wisconsin recruit no better than Rutgers and I expect with the Big 10 name behind them and a better location, Rutgers will consistently out-recruit those schools. Only programs I cannot see Rutgers being on par with are Michigan and Ohio State (especially with Meyer). Penn State will be crippled by sanctions the next few years and no longer have the "we play in the Big 10" card over Rutgers to try to get kids out of NJ. You can laugh at Kent State, but they have a great shot at a BCS game with a 12-1 record, while the "mighty" Big 10 might be sending a 5-loss (LOL!) representative to the Rose Bowl.

Notre Dame, #1 team in the country, should have fallen under the "can't even beat Pitt" category as well this season if not for some luck in Pitt missing easy FGs. Florida State can't even beat bad ACC teams by 40, that would have been a good matchup if Rutgers got them. Please stop posting about college football, you don't know much about it. Your grammar and spelling are also very poor which leads me to believe you just aren't an intelligent human being in general.
    Last edited by SlickBri481; 11-30-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Er.. I think Rutgers will do "fine" in the big 10 as a mid-level team. But i think it's very optimistic to think they're going to ever win that conference unless they drastically improve their play. They would be lucky to go .500 in the big 10 this year, and the big 10 sucked more than usual this year.

And i'm a UGA fan, no big 10 bias here.

Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Er.. I think Rutgers will do "fine" in the big 10 as a mid-level team. But i think it's very optimistic to think they're going to ever win that conference unless they drastically improve their play. They would be lucky to go .500 in the big 10 this year, and the big 10 sucked more than usual this year.

And i'm a UGA fan, no big 10 bias here.
    Of course they need to improve, but the talent level is fine. Like I said, we would have had 4th best recruiting class in Big 10 last year. Program is in good hands too, Flood learned from Schiano who is currently having success in the NFL.

Big 10 is not the SEC or Big 12, not even close. It's not like not winning the conference is going to be something new for Rutgers fans, lol. But we can lose 3-4 games, still get a good bowl and national ranking in the Big 10. Just how it works with perception... I'm confident in this move.

Rutgers has talent and would/will do just fine in today's Big Ten.
    Kidding yourself if you think they can't compete.

Louisville started the season 9-0 and were ranked in the top 10 late in the season. Only Ohio State can say the same from the Big 10. Bridgewater would also be the best player in the Big 10 and he may go #1 in the 2014 draft. Whatever you're smoking is obviously stronger than what I am. MSU and Wisconsin recruit no better than Rutgers and I expect with the Big 10 name behind them and a better location, Rutgers will consistently out-recruit those schools. Only programs I cannot see Rutgers being on par with are Michigan and Ohio State (especially with Meyer). Penn State will be crippled by sanctions the next few years and no longer have the "we play in the Big 10" card over Rutgers to try to get kids out of NJ. You can laugh at Kent State, but they have a great shot at a BCS game with a 12-1 record, while the "mighty" Big 10 might be sending a 5-loss (LOL!) representative to the Rose Bowl.

Notre Dame, #1 team in the country, should have fallen under the "can't even beat Pitt" category as well this season if not for some luck in Pitt missing easy FGs. Florida State can't even beat bad ACC teams by 40, that would have been a good matchup if Rutgers got them. Please stop posting about college football, you don't know much about it. Your grammar and spelling are also very poor which leads me to believe you just aren't an intelligent human being in general.
    Your an idiot if you think Kent State is a good football team, they lost to Kentucky by 30. The fact that they have a chance to make a BCS bowl game is a joke. You have obviously never watched FSU play this year. They beat Wake Forest by 52, Clemson by 12 (who would DESTROY Rutgers), BC by 44, Miami by 13, Duke by 41, and Maryland by 27. Good matchup if RU got them LOL. FSU has more talent in every position then RU by a far margin. Bridgewater is a great QB and he beat your team when he was at 50% but please dont tell me Louisville deserved to be in the top 10, they got crushed by Cuse. Rutgers is going to have a very hard time in the Big Ten. You couldnt even make a BCS game in the Big East. Watch more college football before you talk.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Froze my ass off watching that debacle. The better team won but awful calls on the fake FG and late hit. Their QB is a beast.

Felt bad for you guys. Was really pulling for a RU win.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Of course they need to improve, but the talent level is fine. Like I said, we would have had 4th best recruiting class in Big 10 last year. Program is in good hands too, Flood learned from Schiano who is currently having success in the NFL.

Big 10 is not the SEC or Big 12, not even close. It's not like not winning the conference is going to be something new for Rutgers fans, lol. But we can lose 3-4 games, still get a good bowl and national ranking in the Big 10. Just how it works with perception... I'm confident in this move.
    RU had a window of about 6 years to make a few BCS Bowl trips. It was the perfect confluence of RU emerging as a legit top 30 program under Schiano and the downward trajectory of the quality of the Big East conference - while maintaining that auto BCS bid.

That is all gone now. It's really too bad that they couldn't have punched a ticket one of the past 6 years. It will be MUCH, MUCH harder to get a BCS bid now.

Hall Of Fame
    That could have been the last meaningful game Rutgers plays in for a while. After they move to the Big 10 they are going to be toilet paper for some of those teams. It is going to take a while to compete with the big boys.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Nonsense. Rutgers already has a nice class coming in and that will only get better. There are very few B1G teams we can't beat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Your an idiot if you think Kent State is a good football team, they lost to Kentucky by 30. The fact that they have a chance to make a BCS bowl game is a joke. You have obviously never watched FSU play this year. They beat Wake Forest by 52, Clemson by 12 (who would DESTROY Rutgers), BC by 44, Miami by 13, Duke by 41, and Maryland by 27. Good matchup if RU got them LOL. FSU has more talent in every position then RU by a far margin. Bridgewater is a great QB and he beat your team when he was at 50% but please dont tell me Louisville deserved to be in the top 10, they got crushed by Cuse. Rutgers is going to have a very hard time in the Big Ten. You couldnt even make a BCS game in the Big East. Watch more college football before you talk.
    Well the great Florida State that was gonna beat Rutgers by 40 beat 6-7 Georgia Tech by 6. The same Georgia Tech that was blown out badly by Middle Tennessee State (8-4 Sun Belt team). The same Georgia Tech that lost by 24 to BYU. Man, they're a great team, what a brilliant showing by the Noles. Florida State deserves props for that 6 point win. Bama probably would have only won by 3.

Very happy Rutgers avoided this juggernaut.

Good luck with Bridgewater, he'll show Manuel what an NFL prospect is....

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Nonsense. Rutgers already has a nice class coming in and that will only get better. There are very few B1G teams we can't beat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    People don't get how well Rutgers recruits these days. Ohio State (especially with Meyer) and Michigan pull legit top 10 classes. No one else in the Big 10 does. We can recruit on par with anyone else. Also, Rutgers is in a good recruiting ground (NJ) and has a huge leg up on Penn State with the sanctions they are facing.

I can't wait for the wake up call Rutgers fans get... This was a bad year in the conference and they'd have still been hard pressed to find 6 wins and that's being generous...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I can't wait for the wake up call Rutgers fans get... This was a bad year in the conference and they'd have still been hard pressed to find 6 wins and that's being generous...
    Wisconsin lost 5 games and is going to the Rose Bowl. Utah State had them beat, missed like a 30 yarder. Me and my brother stayed in that night and threw on Big 10 Network. Wisconsin was beat, they lost. Utah State did not have a kicker. So your conference champ got beaten up from the LOS in its own house by a WAC team. Rutgers will take its chances....

Well the great Florida State that was gonna beat Rutgers by 40 beat 6-7 Georgia Tech by 6. The same Georgia Tech that was blown out badly by Middle Tennessee State (8-4 Sun Belt team). The same Georgia Tech that lost by 24 to BYU. Man, they're a great team, what a brilliant showing by the Noles. Florida State deserves props for that 6 point win. Bama probably would have only won by 3.

Very happy Rutgers avoided this juggernaut.

Good luck with Bridgewater, he'll show Manuel what an NFL prospect is....
    We played pathetic but we won to go to a bcs bowl. Something you cant say. Have fun getting killed against Va Tech in the Russell Athletic Bowl.

Rutgers defense is as about as good as anyone in the Big Ten.
    Their RB is probably better than anyone in Big Ten, and they have a WR in Coleman who is a physical freak and future 1st round pick.

Their issues are with the offensive and defensive lines, pretty athletic, but undersized. Most everyone is back next year, though...

Also their QB has a good arm and overall talent, just needs more experience.

I don't think they will go in and dominate the Big Ten, but they can compete week in and week out, much like Penn State did this year.