Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jon Gruden possibly returning to the NFL????

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Understand. But he has a lot of HC experience in the UFL (I know its not the NFL) and AFL (winning a couple championships as HC) but it still is higher than college plus now he's been an OC for 2 seasons in Cincy. He was also on his brothers staff in Tampa
    The one advantage would be to help Sanchez whom I still hold out hope for.

I won't pretend to know how to pick a head coach, I'd rather hire Bill Polian to command football operations and do the picking for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    I won't pretend to know how to pick a head coach, I'd rather hire Bill Polian to command football operations and do the picking for me.
    I could live with this plan

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    You're an excellent driver.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    You're an excellent driver.
    KMART still sucks.....

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yeah, I saw that link, but it's incorrect as it's a year old. Saban is now the highest paid coach, like I said.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/art...tball-coaches/

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Wow, Nick Saban's underpaid!

I'm not kidding.
    He's #1...see the current link.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    No, not nuts. What I'm saying is, is that he is not taking a college job.

Beli is at 7.5 and there are about 4 others at 7.

Gruden will make 8-10 to get him out of the booth.
    Yeah, nuts. If he still has the itch to coach, and I think he does, he'll take what the high end of the market will offer. No team is going to jump to take the cost of a HC to a new level. And that's $5m for college and $7m for NFL. You really think Chucky is worth more than Belichick?

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    The one advantage would be to help Sanchez whom I still hold out hope for.
    Also one of my reasons.

how about 1st and 2nd round picks to SEA for Pete Carroll?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sanchez would not see the field under Jon Gruden. Not enough guts. The first time Chucky laid down a blue flame cursing fit at Sanchez he'd crawl into a shell.

Jon Gruden is the kind of leader who is not afraid to take a calculated risk. He is bold enough to try what others think is impossible, foolish, etc. He is intrigued by Tebow.

I'd love to see the Jets **** can Lyin' Ryan (thanks JaxSuzy) bring in Jon Gruden and have him announce that Tebow is his QB. Then the Jets can quit talkin tough and start bein tough.

Veteran
    The Razorbacks may have offered $6 million. An offer was approved by the BOT this morning and 2 of the 4 final names have been all but confirmed. Gruden and Chris Petersen from Boise leaked out so they're either the final 2 or the 3&4.

Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Sanchez would not see the field under Jon Gruden. Not enough guts. The first time Chucky laid down a blue flame cursing fit at Sanchez he'd crawl into a shell.

Jon Gruden is the kind of leader who is not afraid to take a calculated risk. He is bold enough to try what others think is impossible, foolish, etc. He is intrigued by Tebow.

I'd love to see the Jets **** can Lyin' Ryan (thanks JaxSuzy) bring in Jon Gruden and have him announce that Tebow is his QB. Then the Jets can quit talkin tough and start bein tough.
    LOL @ another Tebow fan out of the closet claiming to be a Jet fan.

Banned
    Jon Gruden has a .540 winning %. Good for 8.5 wins per year. Not great. Also he had 5 seasons out of his 11 as a HC that he was .500 or worse and missed the playoffs 6 times out of his 11 seasons. He won his one Super Bowl during his 1st year in TB after he took over a Tony Dungy team that had made 3 straight playoff appearances prior to Gruden taking over then proceeded to go 7-9 and 5-11 in the next two years. So Gruden took a veteran playoff team with the top defense in the NFL, created by Dungy, led them to the Super Bowl then proceeded to miss the playoffs 4 of the next 6 years never winning a playoff game again. And when he coached the Bucs the offense was rated no higher then 18th in the league but was carried by a defense that was top 10 each year he was there except 1. Sound familiar? That's not good for an offensive minded head coach. He is way overrated and not worth what it would take to get him here.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Right place, right time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Jon Gruden has a .540 winning %. Good for 8.5 wins per year. Not great. Also he had 5 seasons out of his 11 as a HC that he was .500 or worse and missed the playoffs 6 times out of his 11 seasons. He won his one Super Bowl during his 1st year in TB after he took over a Tony Dungy team that had made 3 straight playoff appearances prior to Gruden taking over then proceeded to go 7-9 and 5-11 in the next two years. So Gruden took a veteran playoff team with the top defense in the NFL, created by Dungy, led them to the Super Bowl then proceeded to miss the playoffs 4 of the next 6 years never winning a playoff game again. And when he coached the Bucs the offense was rated no higher then 18th in the league but was carried by a defense that was top 10 each year he was there except 1. Sound familiar? That's not good for an offensive minded head coach. He is way overrated and not worth what it would take to get him here.
    I hate that I 100% agree with you.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I hate that I 100% agree with you.
    +2 no way do I want gruden.

No coach has won a SB with two different teams. I don't want any coach who has already won.they aren't as hungry to win as they are for the paycheck.

A guy like Andy Reid is who you want. Someone who's got close but never won it. I don't want Andy, but a guy like him or coughlin who had success elseware, but never. Made it.

Also polish is horrible, and want him no where near the jets.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL @ another Tebow fan out of the closet claiming to be a Jet fan.
    Another homophobe using anti-gay innuendo to insinuate Tebow and all who like his football, surely must be gay. Weak.