Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Yankees' Derek Jeter packing on the pounds during recovery

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Yankees' Derek Jeter packing on the pounds during recovery

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Yankees' Derek Jeter packing on the pounds during recovery
    By BRETT CYRGALIS
    Last Updated: 1:02 PM, November 30, 2012

The ankle we knew about. The gut, not so much.

Derek Jeter was spotted at a hotel on South Beach in Miami yesterday wearing a walking boot to protect the left ankle he broke in the playoffs last season. Yet the 38-year-old Jeter also seemed to be carrying another burden ó some extra weight hanging from the Yankees shortstopís normally fit frame.

According to general manager Brian Cashman, Jeter has been in a non-weight bearing situation and will continue to be until January. That means if he has been able to work out at all, it has been limited to upper body because he canít put any weight on his left foot.

Jeter has also been seen at the teamís minor league complex in Tampa a couple times this offseason, but not on a regular basis. Itís unknown if he has been there for treatment, workouts or something else.

The injury occurred in the 12th inning of Game 1 of the ALCS against the Tigers when Jeter was ranging to his left for a ground ball and seemed to trip. He writhed in pain and was taken from the game. Afterward X-rays revealing that he had broken the ankle. His ankle was a source of pain for Jeter in the weeks leading up to the play, including when he fouled a ball off his foot in the division series against the Orioles.

Jeter signed a three-year, $51 million contract with the Yankees before the 2011 season, but was upset with the team that the negotiations became so public. He has one more year left on that deal worth $17 million, with a player option for a fourth year, when he will turn 40.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...7eIPeKPH0sR53H

you get into your late 30's & the belly pops if you cant work out...i'm sure he'll be in game shape by the season

NY Post knows how to sell papers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    you get into your late 30's & the belly pops if you cant work out...i'm sure he'll be in game shape by the season

I like the new Tucker lol

Veteran
    Wow, realy packing on the pounds, the guy looks like a cow........ Whats next, he's done, he will never play ball again. the post is nothing more than paper used at the fish mkt, fish rag.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Any competent physician will tell you it sounds as if he's following Dr's orders, hence the weight gain.

Of course, he hurt himself during the "playoffs", which is a concept many Met fans are unable to grasp. Hence your confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    wtf....

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Any competent physician will tell you it sounds as if he's following Dr's orders, hence the weight gain.

Of course, he hurt himself during the "playoffs", which is a concept many Met fans are unable to grasp. Hence your confusion.

wtf....

-
    Ever here of an arm cycle, Brother Green?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Ever here of an arm cycle, Brother Green?
    Alot of unec. wear and tear on the shoulders and elbows for a minimal aerobic/fat burning benefit, no?

A man of his calibre, his character, if you will....can knock 20 lbs. off within the first 3 weeks of being cleared by his physician. I read sports Illustrated.

All League
    Just an unflattering photo at a bad angle. Couple that with his spaghetti arms...... Yea he might me getting hefty

Hall Of Fame
    He hasn't gained that much weight. If he gained 10 pounds I would be shocked. That is just a bad picture of him wearing a light shirt and the wind blowing in his face.

Jeter will be fine. Besides once he starts his real rehab and training those pounds are going to fall off.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ernie what's the latest on Miley Cyrus? Did I hear she got a new haircut?

In other news .........pyramids were found in the Bermuda triangle....

Lol at "EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS."

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS OF DEREK JETER LOOKING SLIGHTLY OVERWEIGHT IN THE OFF-SEASON WHILST INJURED!

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Ernie what's the latest on Miley Cyrus? Did I hear she got a new haircut?
    Wrong forum, Brother Potato.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Wrong forum, Brother Potato.
    Now you're getting it.

All League
    As much as this was built up I expected him to look like Sabathia. This is nothing at all.

Little nugget to chew on. News Corp owns the NY Post. News Corp recently acquired a 49% stake in the YES Network, and has an option to buy 80% in 3 years.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 12-04-2012 at 03:58 PM.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    He looks a little chubby during the offseason. The NY post will print anything, they are hacks.

in other words...time will tell.

Here is a thought. 2 or 3 years ago there was a big thing about how Jeter "gained a step" at 35-ish years of age. The claim was that he had an off-season workout schedule that would kill an elk.

How will he do next season after skipping that workout most of this off-season.

Again time will tell.

Jets Insider VIP
    This guy sucked too........... Greatest player the game has ever seen had a bit of a pouch.