Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets could run the table and still not make playoffs if Roethlisberger returns

Jets could run the table and still not make playoffs if Roethlisberger returns

The Steelers beat jets and hold tiebreaker over jets. Im hearing Big Ben is coming back after Ravens gm to TRY & save season for Pitt. Jets season is over with 5 gms to play if Ben comes back. It doesnt matter what jets do down the stretch.

Jets Insider VIP
    No one with half a brain thinks the Jets have the talent or coaching to run the table.

Unnecessary thread is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    The Steelers beat jets and hold tiebreaker over jets. Im hearing Big Ben is coming back after Ravens gm to TRY & save season for Pitt. Jets season is over with 5 gms to play if Ben comes back. It doesnt matter what jets do down the stretch.
    I heard Ben might even play this week. Steelers are definitely a better team than us and far more deserving of a playoff spot. Jets don't deserve to make the playoffs regardless of what happens in the last 5 games, they've just had too many poor performances. Some fans may not want to hear that because they are hoping for a miracle run plus a backdoor playoff spot because of a superior team's injury to its best player. I'd prefer a so-so finish and real offseason changes. Call me a bad fan, but I'm thinking long-term. Short-term, this team blows and is not a threat to the better teams in the league even if we can beat other bad teams down the stretch.

Following Friday's practice, the Pittsburgh Steelers were extremely pessimistic about quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's prospects for playing against the Baltimore Ravens Sunday, according to a team source.

Roethlisberger is not pain-free and continues to have problems with his injured right shoulder, allowing him to create enough torque to have velocity on his passes.

Since Ben Roethlisberger's rookie season in 2004, the Steelers are 0-6 against the Ravens when he doesn't start at quarterback and 9-4 when he does.

The Steelers are 0-6 against the Ravens without Roethlisberger since drafting him in the first round in 2004.

If Roethlisberger is unable to go, the Steelers once again will turn to 37-year-old Charlie Batch, who threw three interceptions in last Sunday's 20-14 loss to Cleveland. Byron Leftwich started two weeks ago in a 13-10 loss to the Ravens but suffered multiple rib fractures in that contest and remains out.

Roethlisberger also practiced in a limited role with the first team in practice Thursday but really struggled, according to a team source.

Roethlisberger's role was expected to expand in practice Friday, but a source says he had only a 35 percent chance to play Sunday.

The lengthy list of issues still plaguing Roethlisberger more than two weeks after he sprained his right shoulder and suffered a dislocated rib in a 16-13 overtime win against Kansas City, however, suggests he's still a week away from giving it a go.

Though the pain isn't quite as intense as it was in the days after Kansas City linebacker Tamba Hali drilled Roethlisberger into the soggy Heinz Field turf, the two-time Super Bowl winner still can only sleep in certain positions at night. And while he's tested the shoulder this week, he's uncertain if he can make all the throws necessary to attack Baltimore's secondary.

The Steelers (6-5) have struggled in Roethlisberger's absence, needing overtime to beat the woeful Chiefs before looking listless at times and sloppy at others in the losses to Baltimore and Cleveland.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...cording-source

The Steelers beat jets and hold tiebreaker over jets. Im hearing Big Ben is coming back after Ravens gm to TRY & save season for Pitt. Jets season is over with 5 gms to play REGARDLESS if Ben comes back as REX hasnt the ability to manage a team. It doesnt matter what jets do down the stretch.
    FIXED

they won't run the table so why bother

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets have an excellent chance to win all five of their remaining games. With just a little help, they could easily be playing in the post season

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Jets have an excellent chance to win all five of their remaining games. With just a little help, they could easily be playing in the post season

k!!!

Banned

The Jets haven't won 2 games in a row all year.

What makes you think they have an "excellent" chance to win 5 games in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Jets haven't won 2 games in a row all year.

What makes you think they have an "excellent" chance to win 5 games in a row?
    get ready for the EAD GFY response.

Haven't you heard...Sanchez will win 2 SBs for the JETS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Poll

Who HATES the Jets more?

A. PatstrollTX

B. His girlfriend Southpark Couldnt Pass Arithmetic

Poll

Who HATES the Jets more?

A. PatstrollTX

B. His girlfriend Southpark Couldnt Pass Arithmetic

I'm waiting for my car, in the shop.... This is an amusing way to pass the time.

have you called Rae s mom today?

Jets Insider VIP
    Sorry A-hole I'm done with you

Have a good life

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    FIXED
    2 wks ago Bens life was ndanger now he is sav n pitts season.. save d mamadrama...

If the Jets come out and destroy the Cardinals this week, then everyone on this forum will be talking about how the Jets can run the table and make the playoffs.

Book it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    If the Jets come out and destroy the Cardinals this week, then everyone on this forum will be talking about how the Jets can run the table and make the playoffs.

Book it.
    Yeah, beating a team that has lost 7 straight and is playing a 3rd string rookie QB sure screams playoffs. Homers who can't keep things in context will have a field day with it though

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets will win this week. and then lose out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Yeah, beating a team that has lost 7 straight and is playing a 3rd string rookie QB sure screams playoffs. Homers who can't keep things in context will have a field day with it though
    Thanks

I'm proud to be a fan who roots for and supports the team I root for emotionally and financially

If that's what you and your SOJF buds define as a Homer, fine with me

LET'S GO JETS...GET THE RUN OF FIVE STARTED SUNDAY

GO JETS!!

2 wks ago Bens life was ndanger now he is sav n pitts season.. save d mamadrama...
    Was not a comment about your post, sorry for the misinterpret. Agree actually with you on Big Ben.

My point was I simply don't see how the JETS win 5 games. Afternthencollpase of 2008 2011 and this year ...I simply don't see 5 wins in a row. Regardless of what PITT does.

You have to win games to make a run : (