Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TLC 'The Learning Channel' aka The Loathsome Channel's Extreme Cougar Wives

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    If Ben Kingsly made it with phil Donahue.

-
    You have a strange knack for always picking the the perfect celebs to complete the horrific visual.

Of course TV is merely a reflection of our society.

Who is forcing you rubes to watch such torture?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    You have a strange knack for always picking the the perfect celebs to complete the horrific visual.
    Its a curse. At work I would constantly mutter stuff like "if Grandpa Munster made it with Alice from Brady Bunch" as we were passing someone causing whomever I was working with to laugh in their face... and then try to play it off like they were laughing at something else.

At horrific car accident scenes.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    I for one welcome our new insect overlords

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    I for one welcome our new insect overlords

Hall Of Fame
    Moonshiners and Gold Rush are the two best shows on Discovery. I also watch the motorcycle stuff sometimes, especially now since they brought Jessie James back.

Bewildered Beast
    Prolly happened already. Hovering over TImmmys cabin, birds eye view of him running screaming through his yard with 5 Roosters on his heels. In the ensuing melee, FOrrest Whitaker goes thplatt; then Timmeh's back in the Crying Game.

-
    I feel like I'm right there.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It is the M-TV'ing of Television.

Music Television (MTV) plays no music, only reality TV.

Gamer-TV (G4) plays no video gamer content, only "men's style" stuff.

The Learning Channel (TLC) plays very little educational programming, mostly reality TV.

Same for Discovery (the old science/history partner to TLC).

The Science Channel still plays much science, but nowadays far more Science Fiction Repeats and "How it's made" marathons.

SyFy Channel plays most horrific not-even-close-to-Sci-Fi B-Horror/Disaster movies and Wizard/Fantasy stuff.

The Food Network is now "The Reality TV Food Competition with Drama" Channel.

The Travel Channel is now "The Fat Guys Eating Too Many Sammiches repeat after repeat" channel.

The History Channel (H and H2) plays a lot less History than it used to, now mostly "special interest" reality TV, i.e. the odd reality TV profession channel.

Even the Millitary Channel has started losing it's focus, recently playing a lot of war Movies (fine, at least related) and a bunch of non-millitary history stuff.

Basicly, all the cool Specific Interest, Music, Science, History, etc. channels are doing what MTV did, "broadening their audience" by dumping what their name implies, and going to cheap, low-grade reality TV programming.

It sucks, frankly. The Reality TV'ing of America is just horrific.

A few of the list above are still tolerable at times (History, Science and Millitary Channels mostly). Home & Garden (HGTV) is ok if you're into that.
    I'm surprised that it has not be surmised by those with eyes on the slice:

All this horrific programming is venture capital investors, strong-arming their idiot broadcaster clients (who just want to show movies) into revenue-streamTV

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I feel like I'm right there.
    Oh, you invented "right there", make no mistake.

Jets Insider VIP
    I like pawn stars. You can learn alot watching that show. Im thinking of opening a high end one on Staten Island. You know some cable channel is gonna come knocking. Show would be ****ing fantastic. Guidos Gold Buyers. I'm dead ****ing serious by the way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    I like pawn stars. You can learn alot watching that show. Im thinking of opening a high end one on Staten Island. You know some cable channel is gonna come knocking. Show would be ****ing fantastic. Guidos Gold Buyers. I'm dead ****ing serious by the way.
    We never doubt you Rags.

Good luck with the Wife/Girlfriend selection tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It is the M-TV'ing of Television.

Music Television (MTV) plays no music, only reality TV.

Gamer-TV (G4) plays no video gamer content, only "men's style" stuff.

The Learning Channel (TLC) plays very little educational programming, mostly reality TV.

Same for Discovery (the old science/history partner to TLC).

The Science Channel still plays much science, but nowadays far more Science Fiction Repeats and "How it's made" marathons.

SyFy Channel plays most horrific not-even-close-to-Sci-Fi B-Horror/Disaster movies and Wizard/Fantasy stuff.

The Food Network is now "The Reality TV Food Competition with Drama" Channel.

The Travel Channel is now "The Fat Guys Eating Too Many Sammiches repeat after repeat" channel.

The History Channel (H and H2) plays a lot less History than it used to, now mostly "special interest" reality TV, i.e. the odd reality TV profession channel.

Even the Millitary Channel has started losing it's focus, recently playing a lot of war Movies (fine, at least related) and a bunch of non-millitary history stuff.

Basicly, all the cool Specific Interest, Music, Science, History, etc. channels are doing what MTV did, "broadening their audience" by dumping what their name implies, and going to cheap, low-grade reality TV programming.

It sucks, frankly. The Reality TV'ing of America is just horrific.

A few of the list above are still tolerable at times (History, Science and Millitary Channels mostly). Home & Garden (HGTV) is ok if you're into that.
    Don't forget the Weather Channel. I just want the freaking forecast. Instead, they are showing a program about a tornado that demolished a trailer park in Mooresbutt, Arkansas in 1982!!!

Ugh!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Porgyman View Post
    Instead, they are showing a program about a tornado that demolished a trailer park in Mooresbutt, Arkansas in 1982!!!

Ugh!!!!
    +1

".....I heard a noise...and when I pulled up a piece of sheetrock, there was a baby girl, from ten miles away, still sleeping in iher crib like nuthin happened. Not knowing her name we called her..... Baby sheetrockcrib"

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

+1

".....I heard a noise...and when I pulled up a piece of sheetrock, there was a baby girl, from ten miles away, still sleeping in iher crib like nuthin happened. Not knowing her name we called her..... Baby sheetrockcrib"

-
    Lmao

+1

".....I heard a noise...and when I pulled up a piece of sheetrock, there was a baby girl, from ten miles away, still sleeping in iher crib like nuthin happened. Had the nail gun I held not fired off inadvertently, sending several razor sharp projectiles in into her delicate, fawn-like, cranium, we would have called her..... Baby sheetrockcrib"

-
    Humble edit.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Humble edit.
    omg, whats wrong with you

-