Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to deactivate Tebow for Sunday's game

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the real reason tebow is a joke is because rex and sparano dont know how to use him properly or at all. sanchez has destroyed this season for the jets. he is and was a failing qb and our stubborn pig headed poor excuse for a coach stayed with him. i hope sticking with sanchez gets them all fired rex tanny sparano pettine.
    The whole Tebow thing is not a joke if you realize that he was not brought here to play QB and challenge Sanchez for playing time. So many people were lapping up the whole wildcat and "Tebow package" stuff during the pre-season. People bought the BS from Rex about having up to 20 snaps on offense and how preparing for this was going to keep defensive coordinators up all night worrying about it. It was never going to happen, he was brought here by the owner for one reason. This was never a football decision, and this has been proven out as each week has gone by.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The whole Tebow thing is not a joke if you realize that he was not brought here to play QB and challenge Sanchez for playing time. So many people were lapping up the whole wildcat and "Tebow package" stuff during the pre-season. People bought the BS from Rex about having up to 20 snaps on offense and how preparing for this was going to keep defensive coordinators up all night worrying about it. It was never going to happen, he was brought here by the owner for one reason. This was never a football decision, and this has been proven out as each week has gone by.
    I think Tebow could have been a huge asset if the coaching staff used him properly. The guy converted just about every short yardage situation last year in Denver...even when teams knew he was going to run. How many 2nd and short and 3rd and short situations have we seen where he's not in the game?

This staff has some type of personal vendetta, maybe not against Tebow, but against Woody getting Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    I think Tebow could have been a huge asset if the coaching staff used him properly. The guy converted just about every short yardage situation last year in Denver...even when teams knew he was going to run. How many 2nd and short and 3rd and short situations have we seen where he's not in the game?

This staff has some type of personal vendetta, maybe not against Tebow, but against Woody getting Tebow.
    Rex never wanted him on the team. Isnt it obvious?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, and it looks like he could lose his job now because of his stubbornness.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clearly. And, honestly, that's more due to his lack of understanding what a weapon he is in short yardage/goal line situations. Tim DEFINITELY has a place on any team that is interested in converting those 3rd & Short situations into 1st downs. That said, he was clearly brought here for the marketing opportunities.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Clearly. And, honestly, that's more due to his lack of understanding what a weapon he is in short yardage/goal line situations. Tim DEFINITELY has a place on any team that is interested in converting those 3rd & Short situations into 1st downs. That said, he was clearly brought here for the marketing opportunities.
    I just think that deep down Rex resents the fact that Tebow was forced on him this season and had to deal with all the stuff that surrounds Tim. He was never going to embrace the situation and really try to make it work. He did the minimum to appease the owner, and I actually think Rex was more than OK with the lack of success from the Tebow plays. It somehow validates what his thought process was.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just think that deep down Rex resents the fact that Tebow was forced on him this season and had to deal with all the stuff that surrounds Tim. He was never going to embrace the situation and really try to make it work. He did the minimum to appease the owner, and I actually think Rex was more than OK with the lack of success from the Tebow plays. It somehow validates what his thought process was.
    I could see that. On the other hand, he didn't do himself any favors with all his talking about how he's the best defensive mind in football (lol) and how defensive coordinators will be tossing and turning in bed at night worrying about the Tebowcat.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could see that. On the other hand, he didn't do himself any favors with all his talking about how he's the best defensive mind in football (lol) and how defensive coordinators will be tossing and turning in bed at night worrying about the Tebowcat.
    DCs are getting extra hours of sleep the week leading up to the Jets game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Indeed. We're everyone's second bye-week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LOL....Good one C Mart. Sad but true though.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I know "all fair in war and football" but if they play McElroy, how incredibly insulting to Tebow. Tebow's been named the second string guy and has been a good soldier the entire time only to see McElroy get his shot this way.
    Agreed. Those of y'all that think Tebow's faking an injury - he's not faking. He has a high tolerance for pain and a history of minimizing his injuries so he can play. For him to agree to the MRI he must have been in a lot of pain. In that way he's like Bret Favre in his dedication to playing no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Why?

This team has given me no reason to believe they will play the best player, but rather whoever Rex seems to like.

Rex's guys play, end of discussion!
    Hey, you're totally right! That's not what's best for the team, but maybe it's why the players love him. I mean, the guys who actually get to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the real reason tebow is a joke is because rex and sparano dont know how to use him properly or at all. sanchez has destroyed this season for the jets. he is and was a failing qb and our stubborn pig headed poor excuse for a coach stayed with him. i hope sticking with sanchez gets them all fired rex tanny sparano pettine.
    Ditto! And I'm not so sure that Woody forced Tebow down their throats. Sparano and Rex probably wanted him for Sparano's outdated bag of offensive plays and a worn-out wildcat. Since most Jets fans seem anti-Tebow, it's very convenient to remain silent and let everyone blame Woody. At the time I didn't see Woody Johnson out there telling the press about super secret Tebow plays. It was Rex the Media Whore and Tony the Spore hyping the trade. I can't believe I fell for their BS.

I'm glad Tebow's benched while his ribs heal. I wouldn't want him to get a punctured lung playing his heart out for Lyin' Ryan. I've given Sanchez the benefit of the doubt up until ButtGate, but enough is enough. Even Tebow didn't look that ridiculous when the Pats beat the Broncos. Ryan should bench Sanchez for the rest of the season and give McElroy & Tebow equal time to show what they can do, so we can plan for next year.

The Jets are truly the biggest underdog team in the NFL. That might bring in more fans since everyone roots for the underdog. If Rex removes his stubborn head from Sanchez's ass and gets his head back on what's right for the TEAM, maybe he can salvage his job.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Agreed. Those of y'all that think Tebow's faking an injury - he's not faking. He has a high tolerance for pain and a history of minimizing his injuries so he can play. For him to agree to the MRI he must have been in a lot of pain. In that way he's like Bret Favre in his dedication to playing no matter what.

Hey, you're totally right! That's not what's best for the team, but maybe it's why the players love him. I mean, the guys who actually get to play.

Ditto! And I'm not so sure that Woody forced Tebow down their throats. Sparano and Rex probably wanted him for Sparano's outdated bag of offensive plays and a worn-out wildcat. Since most Jets fans seem anti-Tebow, it's very convenient to remain silent and let everyone blame Woody. At the time I didn't see Woody Johnson out there telling the press about super secret Tebow plays. It was Rex the Media Whore and Tony the Spore hyping the trade. I can't believe I fell for their BS.

I'm glad Tebow's benched while his ribs heal. I wouldn't want him to get a punctured lung playing his heart out for Lyin' Ryan. I've given Sanchez the benefit of the doubt up until ButtGate, but enough is enough. Even Tebow didn't look that ridiculous when the Pats beat the Broncos. Ryan should bench Sanchez for the rest of the season and give McElroy & Tebow equal time to show what they can do, so we can plan for next year.

The Jets are truly the biggest underdog team in the NFL. That might bring in more fans since everyone roots for the underdog. If Rex removes his stubborn head from Sanchez's ass and gets his head back on what's right for the TEAM, maybe he can salvage his job.
    Tim DOES play, though. He plays the most of any backup QB in the league.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, it still hasn't been proven out as each week has gone by.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NxYxJets View Post
    I hope Sanchez gets the flu. McElroy saves the day, who knows maybe he is a diamond in the rough!
    There are a couple of posters on this board that know for a FACT that Greg McElroy is a horrible QB and is not worthy of a roster spot.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tim DOES play, though. He plays the most of any backup QB in the league.
    Nobody calls those ridiculous 1-yard up the middle runs designed by The Spore an actual play. The Broncos used Tebow way more than the Jets when Orton was the starter. Tebow was used for 3rd down conversions and in the red zone, and it worked. Lyin' Ryan and Tony the Spore could watch some film of the 2010 and 2011 Broncos offense and get a clue.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Nobody calls those ridiculous 1-yard up the middle runs designed by The Spore an actual play. The Broncos used Tebow way more than the Jets when Orton was the starter. Tebow was used for 3rd down conversions and in the red zone, and it worked. Lyin' Ryan and Tony the Spore could watch some film of the 2010 and 2011 Broncos offense and get a clue.
    Better yet, watch some tape from Florida with Meyers and really see how it's done. McCoy was a hapless amateur with it and Sparano is even worse.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching Rex right now and damn if he isn't doing everything possible to avoid saying he would use McElroy. Watch it yourself:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-an...d-b7aba81c5ae8

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Why would Tebow would go along and lie about this?
    Because it portrays him as a "warrior" for toughing it out and playing against St. Louis with these supposed broken ribs, but then, being the team player that he is, he sits out against New England and Arizona. Meanwhile it also explains why his role has started to diminish which helps to explain away why he's done nothing all year long, (never mind he didn't have these supposed broken ribs for the first 10 weeks of the season). In other words, this is some great PR spin at its best, and if nothing else, from a wanting the Jets to win standpoint, this is the first move they've made all year long that actually gives the team a better chance to win. Now, most of us would love to see McElroy get a shake at some point before the year ends to see if he can actually play in the league or not, but that's probably a bit too much wishful thinking lol.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Because it portrays him as a "warrior" for toughing it out and playing against St. Louis with these supposed broken ribs, but then, being the team player that he is, he sits out against New England and Arizona. Meanwhile it also explains why his role has started to diminish which helps to explain away why he's done nothing all year long, (never mind he didn't have these supposed broken ribs for the first 10 weeks of the season). In other words, this is some great PR spin at its best, and if nothing else, from a wanting the Jets to win standpoint, this is the first move they've made all year long that actually gives the team a better chance to win. Now, most of us would love to see McElroy get a shake at some point before the year ends to see if he can actually play in the league or not, but that's probably a bit too much wishful thinking lol.
    Seriously Dude? You're saying it's TEBOW's fault that Ryan and Sparano gave him limited playing time and ridiculous plays to run? And to cap it off you actually believe that Tebow faked a ****ing rib injury? YOU need the tinfoil hat more than anyone else on this board. Other posters may not believe Tebow is a starting caliber QB, but there's no doubt he's mentally and physically tough.

This is the lowest and most disgusting thing I have ever heard a Jets fan say about a Jets player. You sod off a$$hole. FUSOJF jerk off.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't really understand all the emotion involved with this. Tebow proved he can run the option in the NFL. The Jets haven't figured out how to utilize it BUT there's no need to bash the player or each other. Peace On Earth and a W vs Az.