Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets to deactivate Tebow for Sunday's game

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Why would Tebow would go along and lie about this?
    I think this is true as well - Tebow agrees to keep quiet and will get his release or trade at end of year

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    has anyone else been totally surprised by how little we have used him?
    Not one bit. There is only so much you can do with a gadget guy. We knew from the get-go that they didn't bring him in to play QB. He was brought in to be Brad Smith and how much these guys play vary from game to game.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    This all seems like a big cover up and probably the smartest move the Jets have made all year. Tebow is probably healthy, but the Jets want no part of him starting and don't want to hear the idiotic fans screaming "TEBOW TEBOW", so instead of saying he is benched or is now the "3rd string" they make up a fictitious Rib injury.

Good to see McElroy will be the 2 this week.
    + 1 , Woody will probably have Tebow sitting next to Fairyman Ed leading theJ-E-T-S, JETS,JETS,JETS chant this week

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So McElroy has to dress, right? First game of the year? I am still curious what would have happened if Sanchez had to leave the game on Thursday.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why did we trade for him in the first place?

What a joke.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Yes, it worked perfectly.
    Yeah, it worked like ****...
    but you know that's what their thinking was.

They still dellusionally think team's worry about the wildcat.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know "all fair in war and football" but if they play McElroy, how incredibly insulting to Tebow. Tebow's been named the second string guy and has been a good soldier the entire time only to see McElroy get his shot this way.

Isn't this the premise for a Hollywood movie where the guy passed over comes in with a machine gun?

I'm just saying...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    My first thought. But my second is that he must not be showing much in practice or it would have happened before this. Then the third is why keep him around this long then?
    Why?

This team has given me no reason to believe they will play the best player, but rather whoever Rex seems to like.

Rex's guys play, end of discussion!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Why did we trade for him in the first place?

What a joke.
    What are you talking about. This is all part of their plan to unleash him in week 16.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is fine. This whole thing is a joke.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexamillion5592 View Post
    McElroy Time.
    + 1. Hope somehow he gets in

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The trade for Tebow will go down as one of the all-time biggest blunders in Jets franchise history. Thank you Mike T
    This.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This all seems like a big cover up and probably the smartest move the Jets have made all year. Tebow is probably healthy, but the Jets want no part of him starting and don't want to hear the idiotic fans screaming "TEBOW TEBOW", so instead of saying he is benched or is now the "3rd string" they make up a fictitious Rib injury.

Good to see McElroy will be the 2 this week.
    There is some truth to this. Tebow is a big strong dude and I dont remember thinking to myself ...wow Tebow just got blasted or pancaked.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are you talking about. This is all part of their plan to unleash him in week 16.
    Looking forward to it

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The trade for Tebow will go down as one of the all-time biggest blunders in Jets franchise history. Thank you Mike T
    I think it's a toss up between biggest blunder and just another case of not creating an environment where a talented player can contribute value to the team for years to come.

Add Tebow's name to the long list that includes guys like John Riggins, John Abraham, James Farrior and even Danny Woodhead.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    I think it's a toss up between biggest blunder and just another case of not creating an environment where a talented player can contribute value to the team for years to come.

Add Tebow's name to the long list that includes guys like John Riggins, John Abraham, James Farrior and even Danny Woodhead.
    I'm not really sure where Tebow's place in the NFL is right now. You'd think a team like the Pats could design some plays for him, but they are already scoring almost 7 points more per game than any team in the league, they don't need complicated gadget plays(or even simple read-option plays) to score points. I'm not in any way a Tebow fan but I think he has some value somewhere, it was just a disaster to begin with in New York given the politics and the coaches in charge of working with him.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 11-30-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez will play the entire game

The whole nfl knows that the buttchese is an automatic td giveaway machine once you hit him hard. But they also know you don't knock out of the game the gift that keeps on giving. Way to go Wrecks Lyin'.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    There is some truth to this. Tebow is a big strong dude and I dont remember thinking to myself ...wow Tebow just got blasted or pancaked.
    He broke them laughing at the bumble

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could this be the weekend that Sanchez gets benched? Do you think there is any truth to Rex knowing that Time Tebow is not the answer at QB? That maybe he's glad Tebow got deactivated, so he can finally bench Sanchez and give a real pocket passer in McElroy a chance?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I sure as hell hope thats the case.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    there are so many to choose from.