Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jets to deactivate Tebow for Sunday's game

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Well said! There's some hella dysfunction going on with this team. If they decide Tebow sucks without giving him 4 games as starter after giving the Sanchize 4 YEARS, then it'll be obvious why there's been no SB in 43 years. Who is the last QB the Jets had who wasn't made of glass?
    This is the part I don't get. If there's anything good you can say about Mark, it's that he's NEVER injured. He's the opposite of glass, lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    This is the part I don't get. If there's anything good you can say about Mark, it's that he's NEVER injured. He's the opposite of glass, lol.
    What do you expect Mc?

The girl, like ucrenegade, da ballhawk, demos9 and the rest of the cult only become Jet "fans" in mid-March of this year....

Read her work...

I prefer W/L to stats...well duh, Mark.Sanchez has a career winning record regular and post

All Jet QBs are made of glass...well duh...Mark Sanchez as you noted has missed ONE NFL game in his three plus years despite having to live through the Wayne Hunter error. .meanwhile Warrior tough guy Timmy is on the bench with mysteriously broken ribs

Next year, thankfully Teblow and the cult will be gone

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The trade for Tebow will go down as one of the all-time biggest blunders in Jets franchise history. Thank you Mike T
    The Jets traded a 4th and 6th round pick to a 25 year old backup QB. Yes there is a lot of media involved, but it's really not that big of a blunder.

Seattle just signed a backup QB to a 3 year 25M deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    The Jets traded a 4th and 6th round pick to a 25 year old backup QB. Yes there is a lot of media involved, but it's really not that big of a blunder.

Thank you for putting this into perspective. I think you're right - on paper, it's not historically bad. Tebow did at least get them a couple fake punt conversions.

I do think it's at least a little worse due to some intangible aspects. For instance I do think he hurt Sanchez' play at least a little. It can't help to be randomly pulled for a down to watch Tebow lunge forward for 1-2 yards. Can't be good for sanchez' rhythm. Now to be fair, even the slightest breeze can rattle sanchez, but I'm just saying it can't have helped.

Also, the team has had to deal with the media distraction. Cro/Bart/whoever wouldn't have said he's terrible if he wasn't on the jets, for example

Finally, from a fan perspective, yeah the trade is historically bad. How ****ing annoying to be talking about Tim ****ing Tebow all year when there is an actual interesting nfl season going on around us. And I'm as guilty as anyone else...there's something about his legion of irrational fans that draws out the worst in people
    Last edited by Cornfed; 12-01-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Seriously Dude? You're saying it's TEBOW's fault that Ryan and Sparano gave him limited playing time and ridiculous plays to run? And to cap it off you actually believe that Tebow faked a ****ing rib injury? YOU need the tinfoil hat more than anyone else on this board. Other posters may not believe Tebow is a starting caliber QB, but there's no doubt he's mentally and physically tough.

This is the lowest and most disgusting thing I have ever heard a Jets fan say about a Jets player. You sod off a$$hole. FUSOJF jerk off.
    Wah wah wah, oh no, the meanies accused the Jets of making up an injury about Tebow wah wah wah wah. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Pfffft, Tebow doesn't need to be portrayed as a "warrior".

NFL:

College:

High School:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AQWaQkArpE
    You are correct. I'm not questioning Tebow's toughness in any way, but my point is this is PR spin from the Jets that can kill a couple birds with one stone. First off, they can "gracefully" get out of not having to play Tebow anymore, while keeping his reputation in tact for why he didn't do anything all season. Nothing to do with Tebow's actual toughness, that's not the question, but what is is whether or not he's actually injured in this instance.

Seriously Dude? You're saying it's TEBOW's fault that Ryan and Sparano gave him limited playing time and ridiculous plays to run? And to cap it off you actually believe that Tebow faked a ****ing rib injury? YOU need the tinfoil hat more than anyone else on this board. Other posters may not believe Tebow is a starting caliber QB, but there's no doubt he's mentally and physically tough.

This is the lowest and most disgusting thing I have ever heard a Jets fan say about a Jets player. You sod off a$$hole. FUSOJF jerk off.
    PS: Your personal attack as been reported. Enjoy the ban

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post

Thats not exactly correct. Flynn was signed before the draft and was brought in as the expected starter, they drafted Wilson to be the expected back up and hope to develop him. When Wilson outplayed Flynn he won the starting job, I think if Seattle were to do it over they would not have willingly signed a back up QB to that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    What do you expect Mc?

The girl, like ucrenegade, da ballhawk, demos9 and the rest of the cult only become Jet "fans" in mid-March of this year....

Read her work...

I prefer W/L to stats...well duh, Mark.Sanchez has a career winning record regular and post

All Jet QBs are made of glass...well duh...Mark Sanchez as you noted has missed ONE NFL game in his three plus years despite having to live through the Wayne Hunter error. .meanwhile Warrior tough guy Timmy is on the bench with mysteriously broken ribs

Next year, thankfully Teblow and the cult will be gone

I'm with you on your comments about Mark, but I'm not quite sure I get the whole "cult thing". As far as UC and Ballhawk, yes, they are completely insane and are fullblown Tebowites. Suzy and Demos are actually pretty cool, though. You just gotta talk to them a bit, mate.

I know that Demos, for one, is one of the most intelligent people on here. I disagree (mostly) with his stance on Tim, but I also recognize that his knowledge is vastly superior to mine. Guy's also a real pal (all22 ftw, Demos). Suzy is just fun and nice. For the most part, she's a "live and let live" type when it comes to people and their opinion (whether good or bad) on Tim. They're good folks, so you just gotta cut them a bit of slack.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hoping to meet her next Sunday on my road trip to Jax

You're right. She is good people and I welcome her to hang around and root for the Jets next season after Tim is gone

GO JETS!!

You're right. She is good people and I welcome her to hang around and root for the Jets next season after Tim is gone

GO JETS!!

Indeed. Our team is dysfunctional enough as it is, so why should our fanbase (at least this small sector of it) be dysfunctional as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    How ****ing annoying to be talking about Tim ****ing Tebow all year when there is an actual interesting nfl season going on around us. And I'm as guilty as anyone else...there's something about his legion of irrational fans that draws out the worst in people
    Tebow haters far more prevalent and obsessed on this site - despite their warnings we'd be flooded with crazy Tebow fans.

Well, the best way to quiet Tebow fans is to bury him on the bench - and now we're left watching the worst starting QB in the NFL and the worst longtime starting Jets QB in franchise history. And yet a$s clown Sanchez lovers have the unmitigated gall to call Tebow the disaster?

Just end this season!!

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Tebow haters far more prevalent and obsessed on this site - despite their warnings we'd be flooded with crazy Tebow fans.

Well, the best way to quiet Tebow fans is to bury him on the bench - and now we're left watching the worst starting QB in the NFL and the worst longtime starting Jets QB in franchise history. And yet a$s clown Sanchez lovers have the unmitigated gall to call Tebow the disaster?

Just end this season!!
    Tebow is a disaster. I would go so far as to call him a joke who is making a mockery of the NFL QBs who have ever played the game before him.

That said, Sanchez and Tebow both being inept at the position should not be mutually exclusive. Each man sucks in his own, unique, way. Big.

GO JETS!!

That was a quick 180, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Tebow is a disaster. I would go so far as to call him a joke who is making a mockery of the NFL QBs who have ever played the game before him.

That said, Sanchez and Tebow both being inept at the position should not be mutually exclusive. Each man sucks in his own, unique, way. Big.
    +1

The Jets suck badly with Sanchez (due in a good part to Sanchez, among a laundry list of reasons). They would suck even more badly with Tebow, so anybody that thinks that putting Tebow in to play full time automatically fixes all else that is wrong with the team is just a complete moron, or a Tebow worshiper, or both. That's what it comes down to, mas o menos

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Great, now the cats out of the bag. The Cardinals D, will now only prepare to do two things keep the points down, and make sure their O gets enough reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post

Sanchez directly loses us games, okay? Without lifting the play of anyone around him, he's the guy who faked a hand off to nobody, ran into his lineman's butt, and then coughed it up for an easy Patriot 6 - the Pats never even touched him! National TV. And he set the table with a red zone INT (just stared his target down, pumped then lofted). He is the worst QB in the league and we have to keep him another year.

Tebow? Well, he's our backup. And before the Jets play went to sh*t, he really wasn't part of the conversation. But now that we're looking for scapegoats it's all "Tebow is a DISASTER!"... please.

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Sanchez directly loses us games, okay? Without lifting the play of anyone around him, he's the guy who faked a hand off to nobody, ran into his lineman's butt, and then coughed it up for an easy Patriot 6 - the Pats never even touched him! National TV. And he set the table with a red zone INT (just stared his target down, pumped then lofted). He is the worst QB in the league and we have to keep him another year.

Tebow? Well, he's our backup. And before the Jets play went to sh*t, he really wasn't part of the conversation. But now that we're looking for scapegoats it's all "Tebow is a DISASTER!"... please.
    Tebow himself isn't a disaster, per se. More, it's the Tebow acquisition that is the disaster.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Take it easy, Sally.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexamillion5592 View Post
    McElroy Time.
    I would like to see that at this point.