Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets, News & Updates - 11.30.12

Jets Tweets, News & Updates - 11.30.12

First and foremost:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    As @Edwerderespn reports, Rexy Ryan has made plans to designate QB Tim Tebow as inactive for Sunday''s game to let two fractured ribs heal.

Jake Steinberg @Steiny31
    Congrats to my guy @GVMcElroy... will be active for his first NFL game Sunday. Should have happened sooner, but better late than never. #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Great news

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jeff Roberts @TheJRob
    Rex on Tebow being inactive: 'We are looking into it.' He's been 'very limited.' #Jets

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73
    Rex Ryan says #Jets are "looking into" Tebow's availability for Sunday's game. "Could it be a gametime decision? It could be"

Rex also says he's not ready to "declare" that Greg McElroy will be active Sunday for #Jets

Seth Walder @SethWalderNYDN
    Rex: "It is a possiblity we could have Greg up." #nyj

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr
    Rex Ryan says Sanchez is a very durable QB, then literally knocks on wood...podium. #jets #nyj

Kerley is the teams emergency QB. #jets #nyj

Mike Vorkunov @Mike_Vorkunov
    In case of emergency, if Tebow and Sanchez both hurt and no 3rd QB active, then #Jets would use Jeremy Kerley and go run heavy #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Rex also says he's not ready to "declare" that Greg McElroy will be active Sunday for #Jets

Rex: "It is a possiblity we could have Greg up." #nyj
    But this guy is a friggin' jerkoff.

Kristian Dyer @KristianRDyer
    Rex: "With Vlad, we work him in the rotation...I want to get a guy snaps, I want to get a guy some opportunities in live games." #NYJ

Rex said Matt Slauson is better than Ducasse, but wants to develop Ducasse. Thinks Ducasse can play and will get better #jets #nyj

Jeff Roberts @TheJRob
    Rex denies that the front office forced him to play Ducasse. He said it was his idea to develop him. #Jets
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 11-30-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Jeff Roberts @TheJRob
    #Jets QB coach Cavanaugh when asked how to evaluate Mark Sanchez: "Inconsistent." Then refers to turnovers.

Cavanaugh: "He's still a young quarterback." #nyj

Cavanaugh said that Sanchez's interception in Seattle was a "bonehead play" but says almost no QB around NFL hasn't made one #jets #nyj

Cavanaugh on Sanchez: "I just know he's talented, he's very talented. He's getting better." #Jets

Cavanaugh says he doesn't think Tebow's presence has had any effect on Sanchez's play this season. #Jets
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 11-30-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex said he doesn't know why teams don't sub o lineman like they do receivers, RBs. #jets #nyj

Maybe thats because the O line is supposed to function like one cohesive unit.

That could be one of the dumber things Rex has said during his tenure here.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 11-30-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    Two free agent guards after this season but rotation wasn't mandated from the front office?!?! *eyes rolling* #nyj

Cavanaugh thinks Brian Schottenheimer and Tony Sparano are comparable philosophically as play callers in trying to find balance #jets #nyj

If the Jets donít dress McElroy then just cut him already.
    The mess they created at QB is mindboggling.

Cavanaugh thinks Brian Schottenheimer and Tony Sparano are comparable philosophically as play callers in trying to find balance #jets #nyj

Jeff Roberts @TheJRob
    #Jets QB coach Cavanaugh when asked how to evaluate Mark Sanchez: "Inconsistent." Then refers to turnovers.

Cavanaugh: "He's still a young quarterback." #nyj

Cavanaugh said that Sanchez's interception in Seattle was a "bonehead play" but says almost no QB around NFL hasn't made one #jets #nyj

Cavanaugh on Sanchez: "I just know he's talented, he's very talented. He's getting better." #Jets

Cavanaugh says he doesn't think Tebow's presence has had any effect on Sanchez's play this season. #Jets

"The great thing is that Mark would be the first one to tell you that he needs to play better"...

MT said that all of the off season before this year... same **** over and over again...

Done with Sanchez, done with MT, nearly done with Rex... Will need to see some balls in the offseason, stop being everyone's best friend, be a coach you wuss.

Hall Of Fame
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Cavanaugh said Sanchez is still in a developmental stage and that putting Tebow in would curb his growth. #jet #nyj

So what does that say about your coaching ability Matt??

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr
    Cavanaugh said Sanchez used to look like a limp fish when he was knocked around in the pocket. Thinks he has shown improvement there #jets

Jeff Roberts @TheJRoB
    Cavanaugh on Sanchez: "Without sounding like an idiot here, I think he's getting better. I really do." #Jets

Kristian Dyer @KristianRDyer
    Rex: "With Vlad, we work him in the rotation...I want to get a guy snaps, I want to get a guy some opportunities in live games." #NYJ

Rex said Matt Slauson is better than Ducasse, but wants to develop Ducasse. Thinks Ducasse can play and will get better #jets #nyj

Jeff Roberts @TheJRob
    Rex denies that the front office forced him to play Ducasse. He said it was his idea to develop him. #Jets
    Woo hoo. A HC has an idea to develop one of his players.

Oh that Rex knows how to be a HC.

Any other questions why draft picks under Rex haven't been performing as well as some here would like.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini
    Tebow (fractured ribs) took only 5 practice reps this week. Sure doesn't look like he'll be dressing Sunday. #Jets

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex said he doesn't know why teams don't sub o lineman like they do receivers, RBs. #jets #nyj

Just in case anybody missed that the first time.

And thus...the reason the Ravens didn't promote Rex to head coach.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

Just in case anybody missed that the first time.

And thus...the reason the Ravens didn't promote Rex to head coach.
    I am glad you caught that, I actually couldnt believe he said that.