Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more QB's from USC

All Pro

No more QB's from USC

Jets, please whatever you decide about our QB issues Do not, I repeat please
    do not draft another QB from USC. they have ZERO dreadful awful talents.
    Carson Palmer (Raiders) he's dreadful, Matt Leinhart I actually thought he
    would be good he's awfull and the one and only Mark Sanchez he sucks
    monkey nutzzz big time. Sanchez will be the end of Rex Ryan write that down.

Undrafted Free Agent
    i wont pick barkley but im not completely sour on drafting from USC

Palmer isn't doing too bad this year, from what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    i wont pick barkley but im not completely sour on drafting from USC
    Prag, the only people I want Drafted from USC ARE THE CHEERLEADERS!

That's it.

NEVER!!!! EVER!!!!

Not all USC quarterbacks have been bad. Marinovich came from USC.

sample size how does it work

In the past 25 years, the 2nd best NFL QB that came outta there was Rodney Peete. And the best one ain't even all that. Nuff said.

Undrafted Free Agent
    They do bring a lot of bad luck to a pro football team with the exception of Carson Palmer!

if everyone here subscribes to the certain logic, that places Eli Manning above many if not all with the January success -- how is Sanchez not greater than Palmer? now I don't subscribe, Palmer has been better than Sanchez, but you cannot refuse your cake and take a picture of it as well.

Veteran
    do you watch any football. Palmer was turning into a really good qb and then in the playoff game against the steelers like 5 years ago completely tore every ligament in his knee. This set him back a few years and just hasn't been the same.

All Pro
    You definitely do not draft Barkley... comes up small in big spots, doesn't have a killer instinct and just comes across as someone who doesn't have what it takes to be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    In the past 25 years, the 2nd best NFL QB that came outta there was Rodney Peete. And the best one ain't even all that. Nuff said.
    Why don't you name the top two QBs from every well known college football program?

Quote Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
    do you watch any football. Palmer was turning into a really good qb and then in the playoff game against the steelers like 5 years ago completely tore every ligament in his knee. This set him back a few years and just hasn't been the same.
    Well, he had a couple of injuries. The elbow issue really zapped his ability to throw the ball. But, the knee issue destroyed his momentum. He was on climb, big time. He really was a stud in his younger days.

Not drafting a guy simply because other teams have over valued QBs from that school is pretty stupid. Other then Palmer not much has been expect of these USC QBs. Palmer BTW has had a good career on what many would describe as low moral teams. Cinci and Oakland have both been built around me 1st players and that has been the real issue not Palmer. Barkley would have been the #2 prospect last year. He is the best QB in this class and if your saying you pass on that and rather a chump like Flynn or Moore I feel sorry for you. The JETs have warped you into thinking sub par QBs are enough apparently. I am not on board with sucking anther 5 years. I personally don't think Barkley will make it down to us but drafting the best QB in the draft for us would be the best move we could possibly do. I can see thread about passing on any other QB in this class but Barkley. He is a future franchise QB. Don't let our GMs stupid move to overdraft on Sanchez be your only measuring stick on this kid. He is 10x the prospect Mark was. As a mater of fact 4 years ago if you told me I'd be defending a USC QB I'd have laughed in your face. Fact is Barkley is just so good I would never even think of passing on him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Not drafting a guy simply because other teams have over valued QBs from that school is pretty stupid. Other then Palmer not much has been expect of these USC QBs. Palmer BTW has had a good career on what many would describe as low moral teams. Cinci and Oakland have both been built around me 1st players and that has been the real issue not Palmer. Barkley would have been the #2 prospect last year. He is the best QB in this class and if your saying you pass on that and rather a chump like Flynn or Moore I feel sorry for you. The JETs have warped you into thinking sub par QBs are enough apparently. I am not on board with sucking anther 5 years. I personally don't think Barkley will make it down to us but drafting the best QB in the draft for us would be the best move we could possibly do. I can see thread about passing on any other QB in this class but Barkley. He is a future franchise QB. Don't let our GMs stupid move to overdraft on Sanchez be your only measuring stick on this kid. He is 10x the prospect Mark was. As a mater of fact 4 years ago if you told me I'd be defending a USC QB I'd have laughed in your face. Fact is Barkley is just so good I would never even think of passing on him.
    Barkley, IMO, is definitely more talented and better prepared for the NFL than Sanchez was. HOWEVER - there isn't a hailstone's chance in hell that the Jets will even remotely entertain the idea of drafting him because of what we've experienced with Sanchez. Even if he's rated high on their board, I'm sure Woody and company wouldn't want to hear the negative backlash from both the fans and the media.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    Barkley, IMO, is definitely more talented and better prepared for the NFL than Sanchez was. HOWEVER - there isn't a hailstone's chance in hell that the Jets will even remotely entertain the idea of drafting him because of what we've experienced with Sanchez. Even if he's rated high on their board, I'm sure Woody and company wouldn't want to hear the negative backlash from both the fans and the media.
    Hmmmm if that is the case the owner should sell the team and the GM should be fired!! If you run your team inorder to make headlines as the Jets seem to do.. You deserve to be fired...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Hmmmm if that is the case the owner should sell the team and the GM should be fired!! If you run your team inorder to make headlines as the Jets seem to do.. You deserve to be fired...
    this

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

This is just terrible logic. I would hope the Jets would base there analysis on the player and his skills alone. Players who also went to the school he went to is irrelevant.