Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: KC LB Belcher kills girlfriend then commits suicide at Arrowhead

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Incredibly sad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    R.I.P to his GF and my heart goes out to his newborn who has been robbed by this cowardly act. I'm sorry but there are people who are going through some really tough times now who were even bad before. I don't know the whole story nor do I care but it should never ever come to this point. You scream for help to the authorities or anybody. Suicidal people is one thing ,to take someone else with you is just a selfish ,cowardly act. Forget this scumbag.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is really sad. I wonder if we'll ever find out what caused him to do this. Was it anxiety? Concussions? Some other neurological disorder? What could drive a young man with a bright future and a beautiful family to do such a horrible thing?!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn...

Maybe things in Jetsland aren't that bad after all...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope to god this has nothing to do with reports that Tannenbaum called Pioli and expressed interest in trading for this kid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I hope to god this has nothing to do with reports that Tannenbaum called Pioli and expressed interest in trading for this kid.
    Really?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Chiefs are 1-10 right now. The fact that he did it infront of Crennel and Pioli could mean he was going to be benched or they had been riding him about his performance and he just snapped. Its almost like he was saying "look what you made me do". Why else would you kill yourself in front of your coach?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The Chiefs are 1-10 right now. The fact that he did it infront of Crennel and Pioli could mean he was going to be benched or they had been riding him about his performance and he just snapped. Its almost like he was saying "look what you made me do". Why else would you kill yourself in front of your coach?

whats wrong with you man?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ban yourself.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    whats wrong with you man?
    Just speculating... Why would he decide to kill himself in front of his headcoach ? There's something to that but I'm not sure what.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your an A-HOLE show some respect.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy ****!

Tragic. No one should ever get to this point in their life depressed or not. Depression still has a stigma in this country and people feel they're weak if they can't lick it on their own.

I credit someone who suffered from depression years ago for seeing that I was depressed and needed help. It's amazing how much help can do for you if you seek it. I used to suffer from cycles since I was a teenager and into my forties and got caught in a cycle I couldn't get out of on my own. After receiving help, I'm now at a point where I haven't suffered a cycle in 5 years and haven't needed any medication for 4 years.

It's tragic when something like this happens and although I don't know if he was depressed, it's pretty clear that depression is probably a component of this.

If you suffer, get help. It doesn't have to be like this.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Holy ****!

Tragic. No one should ever get to this point in their life depressed or not. Depression still has a stigma in this country and people feel they're weak if they can't lick it on their own.

I credit someone who suffered from depression years ago for seeing that I was depressed and needed help. It's amazing how much help can do for you if you seek it. I used to suffer from cycles since I was a teenager and into my forties and got caught in a cycle I couldn't get out of on my own. After receiving help, I'm now at a point where I haven't suffered a cycle in 5 years and haven't needed any medication for 4 years.

It's tragic when something like this happens and although I don't know if he was depressed, it's pretty clear that depression is probably a component of this.

If you suffer, get help. It doesn't have to be like this.
    Not everyone is so lucky.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    and away we go.....

these threads always are good at showing the broad range of intelligence on JI.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So after killing his girlfriend he was benched for this - and became very upset?
    Logic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Not everyone is so lucky.
    Oh, I know. I had gotten to the point where I couldn't get out of bed to go into work for week long periods sometimes. I was fortunate that my work allowed for it. You just can't get it together and you're too embarrassed about not being able to do such a simple think like going to work.

Things can get better though.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF?

Last edited by First DOWN!; 12-01-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really? And you're a moderator? I've thought of becoming a VIP but after seeing this from a moderator never.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure Belcher's family sat a row or two behind me at last year's Jets Chiefs game.

What ashame though and the poor daughter who now has no mother or father.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    and away we go.....

these threads always are good at showing the broad range of intelligence on JI.

+1

The keyboard doesn't lie...