Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: KC LB Belcher kills girlfriend then commits suicide at Arrowhead

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    may you never experience mental illness... because it's clear you don't understand it.
    Yeah, all you guys jumping to conclusions about him being a murderer, why don't you wait for the facts!

Oh wait, look, we have our first indisputable fact: Dr. Sanchez 3:16 MD has diagnosed the young man as having a mental illness.

So there!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Yes you can. A little girl has no mom, and a young woman lost her life for nothing.
    +1000

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    This guy gets it.
    You're a scumbag. Keep trying to defend yourself you joke of a moderator.

RIP to Jovan and his girlfriend.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Can't imagine witnessing something like this. Pioli and Crennel must be sick.
    I was thinking the same thing. Usually only those in the military or law enforcement ever have to witness such a horrifying act.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    You're a scumbag. Keep trying to defend yourself you joke of a moderator.
    Really? More name calling. That's great.

I'm sorry I insulted your beloved murderer. Another JI poster with his priorities straight.

I'm talking about the events. You resort to attacking me?

Anyway, I'm glad to see you've forgiven this young man. Please reach out to his victim's parents and let them know he's good by you. They need to hear that from someone with your superior intellect.
    He's not good by me. It's an unspeakable, unforgivable act.

With that said, most of us wake up in the morning and decide to get the paper, maybe some breakfast, head to the gym. No healthy-minded individual wakes up in the morning and says "you know, today I think I'm going to kill the mother of my child and then kill myself." There's something wrong there. You can call him a murderer, which no doubt he was, but I refuse to believe it was premeditated. If the facts come out and turns out it was premeditated, I'll be the first to eat crow.

This isn't the first NFL player to kill himself in recent years, but it is the first active player. CTE is a serious, serious problem. In my opinion, it had to have played a role. None of us are defending his actions. But instead of blaming the individual, we're blaming the brain.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

With that said, most of us wake up in the morning and decide to get the paper, maybe some breakfast, head to the gym. No healthy-minded individual wakes up in the morning and says "you know, today I think I'm going to kill the mother of my child and then kill myself." There's something wrong there. You can call him a murderer, which no doubt he was, but I refuse to believe it was premeditated. If the facts come out and turns out it was premeditated, I'll be the first to eat crow.

This isn't the first NFL player to kill himself in recent years, but it is the first active player. CTE is a serious, serious problem. In my opinion, it had to have played a role. None of us are defending his actions. But instead of blaming the individual, we're blaming the brain.
    Show me where I say it's premeditated. And then explain to me why the hell that makes a rats ass of a difference.

Hall Of Fame

I blame him. It is what it is. IF he was messed up he should have gotten help.

We just want there to be some sort of an excuse/reason so that we can make sense of it for our own sanity. Nobody wants to accept that someone could kill the mother of their children or their child. But the truth is some people are perfectly sane/healthy and capable of doing horrible things.

There is no excuse for anything. I just hope for the league's sake he does not have any head injuries. I am not sure how many more of these controversies they can handle.

Jets Insider VIP
    He CLEARLY had some sort of problem? Talk about jumping to conclusions!

Yeah, prison is just full of misunderstood victims who all had some sort of problem.

Unfrickingbelievable
    This.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

But the truth is some people are perfectly sane/healthy and capable of doing horrible things.
    BINGO. Unfortunately our society has too many pandering individuals (out in force in this thread by the way) that NEVER blame a perpetrator....the bad guy is not a bad guy at all, he's just a misunderstood victim who didn't get hugged enough as a child. Or in this case, he's one of the millions of concussion victims who run out and kill someone every day.

Show me where I say it's premeditated. And then explain to me why the hell that makes a rats ass of a difference.
    I'm giving my opinion. I'm not speaking about yours.

What's your opinions on Junior Seau? Dave Duerson? A guy like Jim McMahon who has to put his home address into his GPS every time he goes out just in case. The effects of the bone-crushing hits that you and I jump out of our seats and root for every Sunday are devastating to the players that are on the other end. And in terrible situations like this, devastating to their family members.

It makes a rats ass of a difference because if you understood mental illness and the complexities of the brain, you would realize there's a difference between a conscious, healthy-minded decision that we have the fortune experiencing every day, and the misfortune of a brain that may convince you that killing yourself or your family is okay. That it is the only way to escape the pain.

You may disagree with that, that's fine. If it was an isolated incident, hell, I'd probably agree with you. You can resort to jokes and call me a doctor, but try being a bit more educated and understanding the greater context here.

I am willing to bet this is nothing more than a domestic dispute gone terribly wrong. Two young people and a new baby. I sure remember that being a tough adjustment. No CTE. Just immature ability to deal with life. It is a shame she had to lose her life. I feel no sympathy for him at this point. Almost like he administered his own justice to himself when he realized how bad he screwed this up.

For a murderer? Yeah, go light a candle for him.
    How about for his girlfriend that was murdered and the baby that's left without any parents, you douche?

Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    I am willing to bet this is nothing more than a domestic dispute gone terribly wrong. Two young people and a new baby. I sure remember that being a tough adjustment. No CTE. Just immature ability to deal with life. It is a shame she had to lose her life. I feel no sympathy for him at this point. Almost like he administered his own justice to himself when he realized how bad he screwed this up.
    i think this is the most likely scenario as well.

All Pro
    I blame him. It is what it is. IF he was messed up he should have gotten help.

We just want there to be some sort of an excuse/reason so that we can make sense of it for our own sanity. Nobody wants to accept that someone could kill the mother of their children or their child. But the truth is some people are perfectly sane/healthy and capable of doing horrible things.

There is no excuse for anything. I just hope for the league's sake he does not have any head injuries. I am not sure how many more of these controversies they can handle.
    Completely agree, there are probably hundreds of prisoners rotting away for this same crime. Why does he he get the benefit of doubt? Because he plays football and he went to college he is all of the sudden a poor mental case instead of a criminal? He could of been sane just like anyone else but didn't want to face the consequences of his actions.

They deserve every single controversy they have.

Poor league. How about having hope for the former, current, and future players? The guys in suits aren't the ones who are having their brains rattled every Sunday.

A who says its mental illness. If thats the case every perp sitting in elmira downstate attica has mentall illness. The bottom line is the guy got pissed at pissed at his girlfriend shot her multiple times then when he got to the stadium thought that he probably will be doing 25 to life and took the cowards way out. The only positve in this is the state of kansas is off the hook for paying to put this guy up in prison. This was just another domestic dispute the ended with murder1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Material things & status mean nothing when your suffering from mental illness.
    Simple depression can change someones outlook on life no matter what it might look to others from the outside.
    Humans are complicated creatures.
    The child will suffer most losing both parents, but I'm sure there are loving family members that will step forward and nurture that child.

Veteran
    For a murderer? Yeah, go light a candle for him.
    Respect for the family, if you want to be a comedian go to times square with a shine box, you will fit right in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm giving my opinion. I'm not speaking about yours.

What's your opinions on Junior Seau? Dave Duerson? A guy like Jim McMahon who has to put his home address into his GPS every time he goes out just in case. The effects of the bone-crushing hits that you and I jump out of our seats and root for every Sunday are devastating to the players that are on the other end. And in terrible situations like this, devastating to their family members.

It makes a rats ass of a difference because if you understood mental illness and the complexities of the brain, you would realize there's a difference between a conscious, healthy-minded decision that we have the fortune experiencing every day, and the misfortune of a brain that may convince you that killing yourself or your family is okay. That it is the only way to escape the pain.

You may disagree with that, that's fine. If it was an isolated incident, hell, I'd probably agree with you. You can resort to jokes and call me a doctor, but try being a bit more educated and understanding the greater context here.
    Shouldn't Boxers lead the statistics for brain injuries then?? If he was in as much pain as you seem to think the clubs trainers would have known about it.. I think it was more anger,jealously or some other emotion that caused his apparent rage then too many hits to the head at 25.. Plus as a LB'er he probably delivered more hits then received them..

Hall Of Fame
    They deserve every single controversy they have.

Poor league. How about having hope for the former, current, and future players? The guys in suits aren't the ones who are having their brains rattled every Sunday.
    No they don't. It is a sport. A great sport. Ever hear of free will?

The players have a choice to play. Nobody makes them. They are a special breed. Playing in the NFL is an honor.

There is no solution to this head injury problem. The only thing we can do is educate people about the risks and let them make the decision for themselves. I can't hold football responsible b.c medicine and science is just starting to understand brain trauma.

I fear for the future of football.