Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KC LB Belcher kills girlfriend then commits suicide at Arrowhead

Hall Of Fame
    Yesterday I watched the Real Sports about Rae Carruth's son. I encourage everyone to watch it. Just a great piece. Very emotional.

These tragedies are becoming commonplace in the NFL. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I hope to god this has nothing to do with reports that Tannenbaum called Pioli and expressed interest in trading for this kid.
    Wow. Way to set an example. Some moderating staff we have here.

*Edit: I encourage people to report his post, perhaps another moderator can at the very least delete it.

Condolences to the young female and the child.

No sympathy for the animal that decided to kill his girlfriend and leave his child orphaned. What a coward.

I'm sure I am going to take heat for this post but so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Just speculating... Why would he decide to kill himself in front of his headcoach ? There's something to that but I'm not sure what.
    Reports said that he was expressing thanks and gratitude to Crennel and pioli...also the league has informed the panthers to travel as the game is going to be played

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I love all the "postpone the game" chatter.

All Pro
    RIP! Lighten up on Shakin you guys, he posted that in a self-deprecating style and meant no disrespect to the deceased.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post

No sympathy for the animal that decided to kill his girlfriend and leave his child orphaned. What a coward.

I understand your sentiments. But I think it is best to reserve judgement until we know everything. Obviously there is never an excuse to kill an innocent person. I just hope this has nothing to do with head injuries. The league has enough on its plate with that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I understand your sentiments. But I think it is best to reserve judgement until we know everything. Obviously there is never an excuse to kill an innocent person. I just hope this has nothing to do with head injuries. The league has enough on its plate with that stuff.
    Just playing football doesn't mean you are going to have head injuries and/or kill yourself. Plenty of people have concussions and don't kill themselves/others.

That being said you are right; let's wait for all the facts before we dive into this debate

+1

Hall Of Fame
    Just playing football doesn't mean you are going to have head injuries and/or kill yourself. Plenty of people have concussions and don't kill themselves/others.

That being said you are right; let's wait for all the facts before we dive into this debate
    I agree with you. And there is no excuse whatsoever. I just hope for the league's sake that head trauma did not play a role.

‏@SI_PeterKing
    From 5-year-old Boston Globe story on Jovan Belcher: His major at University of Maine was Child Development and Family Relations.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The Chiefs are 1-10 right now. The fact that he did it infront of Crennel and Pioli could mean he was going to be benched or they had been riding him about his performance and he just snapped. Its almost like he was saying "look what you made me do". Why else would you kill yourself in front of your coach?
    or he was thanking them for everything. He was very close with Crennel.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    and away we go.....

these threads always are good at showing the broad range of intelligence on JI.
    ...why don't you try adding to it or go post on another site?

All League
    " Hey Coach, let me thank you for all you've done for me, watch this"!

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    " Hey Coach, let me thank you for all you've done for me, watch this"!
    may you never experience mental illness... because it's clear you don't understand it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    and away we go.....

these threads always are good at showing the broad range of intelligence on JI.
    Voice of reason. Was thinking the same thing

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    ‏@SI_PeterKing

My ex wife's major was that and she was a raging lunatic.

No heat to be taken for your statement LP6. You hit the nail right on the head.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    may you never experience mental illness... because it's clear you don't understand it.
    +1

It's way early but the first question everyone asks is Why?

Why would someone who seemed to have so much in terms of life, family, football career do something so crazy like this. Seems very possible he had a mental issue or breakdown of some type.

I have NO info on this but any chance this guy has a concussion history? Junior Seau situation here?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I was trying to explain or understand mental illness?