Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Darrelle Revis: "Team needs to shut up"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Darrelle Revis: "Team needs to shut up"

"Quit talking crazy to the media, especially involving your teammates," he said during the question-and-answer portion of the event. "I think that's the worst, because when you do that, that's when it really gets divided. Because you don't know if you can trust your other teammate."
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...t-up-1.4282822

That's not Ladainian as an ex-teammate sounding bitter. That's straight from Revis. Hard to argue with his logic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    JI resolution.

trade revis. he's the problem.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big time on the money. I mean, how hard is it to shut your ****ing mouth?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same guy who went to a bar while nursing a concussion instead of supporting his team as they lost in Pitt right?

Just checkin

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis is the best player in the NFL at his position, he can say what he wants. Nobody would rip Rodgers, Peterson, Watt, or Fitzgerald for speaking out. The NFL is not the NBA, it is the ultimate team sport, but certain guys are unimpeachable. And Revis is one of them

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are smart disciplined teams and then there are teams like the Jets.

The NY Post clown car cover nailed it before Week One.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is 100% correct. To rip teammates to the media doesn't solve anything just creates more chaos.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Revis is the best player in the NFL at his position, he can say what he wants. Nobody would rip Rodgers, Peterson, Watt, or Fitzgerald for speaking out. The NFL is not the NBA, it is the ultimate team sport, but certain guys are unimpeachable. And Revis is one of them
    What will you say when he holds us hostage again for the third time next year or two?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he should be in the locker room telling this team what to do like a LEADER would instead of playing video camera games in luxury boxes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJF71 View Post
    What will you say when he holds us hostage again for the third time next year or two?
    Well I'll say this. Revis is a HoF talent. He's proven it on the field. With contracts and negotiations, he's been tough and put us in a bind. If we have to absolutely get rid of him for the latter reasons, I guess it is what it is. But I don't want to hear that he's some type of negative or hurts the team or blah blah when he performs at All-Pro level and guys like Sanchez, Holmes, and Harris collect big money for being bad players. Hate Revis's agent, fine, but he performs at an elite level. I appreciate a guy who is brilliant at his position. I hope Revis recovers from the knee. I'd rather root for him than a bottom 5 QB in the league who gets paid like a top 5 one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Darrelle

Looking forward to you back 100 percent in 2013

Always exciting to have the best defensive player in the NFL in green and white

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Thanks Darrelle

Looking forward to you back 100 percent in 2013

Always exciting to have the best defensive player in the NFL in green and white

For once we agree, although A. Smith, Watt, and Miller are stating their cases

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Same guy who went to a bar while nursing a concussion instead of supporting his team as they lost in Pitt right?

Just checkin

How was he supposed to support his team ? By sitting a home ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    How was he supposed to support his team ? By sitting a home ?
    Apparently, you can't support your team while having a drink. I guess that means a good part of the sports fan world doesn't really support their team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Actually, when Peterson made those ridiculous comments comparing the NFL to slavery, many did rip him. Being good doesn't spare you from criticism.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Actually, when Peterson made those ridiculous comments comparing the NFL to slavery, many did rip him. Being good doesn't spare you from criticism.
    What did you find ridiculous about DRs comments essentially that his teammates should try less talk and more action on the field???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Apparently, you can't support your team while having a drink. I guess that means a good part of the sports fan world doesn't really support their team.
    yeah, guess it apparently makes more sense for a guy recovering from a concussion to get on an airplane and fly to Pittsburgh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    What did you find ridiculous about DRs comments essentially that his teammates should try less talk and more action on the field???

Nothing. My post wasn't really directed at Revis. It was more so directed at SlickBri's comment that good players are immune from criticism.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    yeah, guess it apparently makes more sense for a guy recovering from a concussion to get on an airplane and fly to Pittsburgh.
    Indeed. Also, it was never reported how much he actually drank anyway. Seems like most assumed he was getting hammered.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    No one is spared. But playing at a high level helps. Revis is fair game for his holdouts plus injury. But come on, the guy is a great player, he has never dogged it or done anything less than been a great player.