Thread: Kirk Cousins

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Kirk Cousins

Is the guy we should be targeting this offseason. Not sure how easy it'll be to pry him away from Washington but if we can get him for say a 4th rd pick I'd absolutely make the move. Much better option to compete with Sanchez that say a Jason Campbell type would be. Shanahan seems to know QB's pretty well and even after drafting RG3 could not pass up Cousins sitting there in the 4th RD. Not saying he would be a lock to start next year but he's had a full year in the NFL and I'm sure knows he has not shot of getting a starting job in Washington.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you need a QB you look under every rock... Jets should investigate trading for Cousins or Moore! As long as it does not cost more than a third round pick any of these guys might compete.

Next we look to the draft and see what is available for when we might pick. You don't have to find the next primary starter right now. Do what Parcells did and bring in someone to hold down the fort. ( Neil O'Donnell)

As Tuna would say, you can't just go out back and pick a QB off the QB Tree...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    Is the guy we should be targeting this offseason. Not sure how easy it'll be to pry him away from Washington but if we can get him for say a 4th rd pick I'd absolutely make the move. Much better option to compete with Sanchez that say a Jason Campbell type would be. Shanahan seems to know QB's pretty well and even after drafting RG3 could not pass up Cousins sitting there in the 4th RD. Not saying he would be a lock to start next year but he's had a full year in the NFL and I'm sure knows he has not shot of getting a starting job in Washington.
    Why would they draft a guy in round 4 (who they graded higher) and then only trade him for a 4.

Doesn't make sense

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Makes no sense for the Redskins. Shanahan loves him, RGIII is a running mobile QB who has potential for injury. Grossman is gone next season. Zero chance that trade happens.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And he's good because why?? He played well in college? We already have three QBs on the roster that did that

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    And he's good because why?? He played well in college? We already have three QBs on the roster that did that
    He came in for RG3 when he got a concussion and (from what I heard) played well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Kid is smart... Sparty missed him this year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would the skins trade him. Hes young and cheap. Matt moore will be a free agent. Thats a teal possibility.

Cousins is unrealistic.