Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our set of WRs as a group

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Our set of WRs as a group

Chaz Schillens is as fluid as a brick. Not using this as an excuse for Sanchez, but these guys are flat out pathetic. Tannenbaum takes the blame for this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the bright side, Hill has caught 2 balls with his hands today.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    +1

Make that three. The fourth was a body catch, but he's doing a better job of utilizing his wide catch radius today.

Would love to see him get a deep try today

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes injury and Keller being MIA the entire season is killing us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you think the WRs make the QB look no further than our opponent. Cardinals QBs have had Larry Fitzgerald and they have sucked the past few years.

It works both ways.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post

Chaz Schillens is as fluid as a brick. Not using this as an excuse for Sanchez, but these guys are flat out pathetic. Tannenbaum takes the blame for this.
    Schilens is awful. He's a ST player on just about every other nfl roster - on our team he's the #3 receiver

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what gets lost in the whole Sanchez is horrible debate. Yes he is horrible but getting a new QB is not the magic pill. Our skill guys pretty much every single one is horrible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    This is what gets lost in the whole Sanchez is horrible debate. Yes he is horrible but getting a new QB is not the magic pill. Our skill guys pretty much every single one is horrible.
    Why do you think Peyton turned us down?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you think the WRs make the QB look no further than our opponent. Cardinals QBs have had Larry Fitzgerald and they have sucked the past few years.

It works both ways.
    This. Our WRs are far from the issue. No excuses left for Mark IMO. This is what he is.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kerley looked GREAT today, made at least two amazing catches.

Holmes is very good when healthy.

And Hill can only get better (and looked better today).

We can work with that, and replace the #4 and #5 with depth draft picks or FA's.

WR is no excuse for bad QB play.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hill and Kerley looked fantastic. Felt good for Stephen when he made those solid catches with his hands. Guy is gonna improve and be a real keeper. Speaking of keepers, Kerley shows me some amazing effort in trying to make the play. Just a solid receiver that we need to hang onto.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Hill and Kerley looked fantastic. Felt good for Stephen when he made those solid catches with his hands. Guy is gonna improve and be a real keeper. Speaking of keepers, Kerley shows me some amazing effort in trying to make the play. Just a solid receiver that we need to hang onto.
    Hill looked fantastic? He still has the Braylon Edwards jump for no reason syndrome and completely whiffed on his read when Sanchez threw the ball to air (he should've recognized coverage was 12 yards off of him), to say nothing of his inability to get off jams.

Kerley is a gamer, big fan.

Everyone else is hot garbage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I expect Hill to miss reads. I am just happy he used his hands today, shows me he is making progress. But he does jump for no reason. LOL.

Kerley is really beginning to make an impact. He looks very good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Hill looked fantastic? He still has the Braylon Edwards jump for no reason syndrome and completely whiffed on his read when Sanchez threw the ball to air (he should've recognized coverage was 12 yards off of him), to say nothing of his inability to get off jams.

Well, perhaps Hill didn't look fantastic. But, for a project WR who was primarily a run-blocker in college, I'm not at all displeased with his play today.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post

This. Kerley is a solid number 3 WR, problem is he is our 1.

Schillens is the worst WR I have ever seen.

I still have very high hopes for Hill. He is very raw and the drops and missed reads are all a part of that inexperience. The problem is that a kid like him should not be starting from day 1. He should be slowly working his way into the lineup.

But all in all, this is a pathetic group of WRs for this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    This. Kerley is a solid number 3 WR, problem is he is our 1.

Schillens is the worst WR I have ever seen.

I still have very high hopes for Hill. He is very raw and the drops and missed reads are all a part of that inexperience. The problem is that a kid like him should not be starting from day 1. He should be slowly working his way into the lineup.

But all in all, this is a pathetic group of WRs for this year.
    +1

The QB change while warranted doesn't fix the offense. This group can't catch half the time regardless.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Well, perhaps Hill didn't look fantastic. But, for a project WR who was primarily a run-blocker in college, I'm not at all displeased with his play today.
    This is the problem for this team!! I agree with everything you say, but this guy is so raw he should not be starting for an NFL team. I mean he miss a read where Sanchez threw a WR screen and could have used his athletic ability for some YAC. Easy read but ends a as incomplete for the QB.
    I blame Tanny for this offensive train wreck. McElroy might give us a spark but the WR/TE talent is not there.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have we connected to Hill in his stride once this year? It feels like we've been able to leverage his size but not his speed as I can't remember any YAC that wasn't awkward carrying corners on his back till he falls down stuff...

I think it has to do with his random jumping habit, but I think we should be designing some plays to take advantage of his natural ability in general like the Lions do with Megatron - short passes or end arounds every once in a while while taking his route running out of the equation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The WR's are god awful and there is no way around that. What really stuck out to me today was the fact that Arizona was blitzing the house and the damn WR's never once adjusted their routes!! The went into their routes (sometimes slows and lazy) while the DB's and safety's blitz in freely. Not one of them adjusted their routes into the wide open free zones, nice wide open sections of the field with not one GD WR running to it! SMH!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryu79 View Post
    Have we connected to Hill in his stride once this year? It feels like we've been able to leverage his size but not his speed as I can't remember any YAC that wasn't awkward carrying corners on his back till he falls down stuff...

I think it has to do with his random jumping habit, but I think we should be designing some plays to take advantage of his natural ability in general like the Lions do with Megatron - short passes or end arounds every once in a while while taking his route running out of the equation.
    Sanchez has stopped looking at Hill IMO. After that Miami game he hasn't really looked back. He is open a lot but just doesn't get a lot thrown his way. I get it he drops passes but he can also be a playmaker on this team if you get him the ball. I'd like to see him targeted more then 2-4 times a game is all. There is 0 reason for him to have as little targets as he has had this year. To put it in perspective Holmes had 41 targets in less then 4 games and Hill was only at 38 going into today.