Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 79

Thread: It's not Sanchez, he has no talent around him!

  1. #41
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    yeah, except despite not getting any snaps in practice, he completed most of his passes, threw a td pass, and didn't take needless sacks or throw not 1, not 2, but 3 int's..

    Otherwise, you're 100% on the money very similar performance.

    Tired of your act. Worse than Pat trolls as far as I'm concerned.
    He completed 5 passes for 29 yards, that's all I'm saying.

    It's not like he was called upon and put up 15 completions for 140 yards or something impressive. He led a nice, pedestrian, dinky-doink-dump-off drive for a TD aided by a big penalty.

    He also saw passes dropped by receivers who he hit in the chest, he also saw a turnover by a wideout who didn't hold onto the ball, he was also under pressure from the failure of the OL. More of same, no matter who is under center.

    McElroy did a nice job coming off the bench and getting us a single score. He didn't win the game. Powell and Greene ultimately did and/or the worst starting quarterback in the NFL who just happened to show up and hand us the game.

    SAR I

  2. #42
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    stop spinning everything to rex. rex sucks, tanny sucks but sanchez is horrific. An abomination. The worst qb in the league. Enough is enough. If we ever get a halfway capable qb that can actually lead this team and make others around him better, i'm going to constantly remind you how you didn't want to move on from sanchez and blindly defended him.
    I've seen enough good in Mark Sanchez when he's surrounded with decent playmakers to know he can be an effective quarterback in the future. You act like the 2012 Jets offense is filled with playmakers, filled with all-pro's, and is being brought down by a single individual. It's not. We have the worst playmakers in the league, our OL is below average, the offensive coordinator is a joke, the WR's can't catch and can't run the right routes.

    I wish it were as simple as replacing Mark Sanchez and fixing all our woes. Only a blind homer would see it that way. We played the worst team in the NFL tonight, an 0-8 team with the worst QB in the NFL, a team who quit on it's head coach, a western team playing the early game on the east coast.

    And we won 7-6. LOLZ.

    SAR I

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He completed 5 passes for 29 yards, that's all I'm saying.

    It's not like he was called upon and put up 15 completions for 140 yards or something impressive. He led a nice, pedestrian, dinky-doink-dump-off drive for a TD aided by a big penalty.

    He also saw passes dropped by receivers who he hit in the chest, he also saw a turnover by a wideout who didn't hold onto the ball, he was also under pressure from the failure of the OL. More of same, no matter who is under center.

    McElroy did a nice job coming off the bench and getting us a single score. He didn't win the game. Powell and Greene ultimately did and/or the worst starting quarterback in the NFL who just happened to show up and hand us the game.

    SAR I
    You predicted SIX wins max

    They have FIVE with four games remaining all against teams they can beat

    In other words

    WRONG AGAIN

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  4. #44
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,435
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Playing 2nd fiddle?
    Playing with that clip board!!!!

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mark Sanchez is not history. He'll be playing again next week.

    The Jets always beat lousy teams, and today's team was probably the very worst in the entire league. The offensive line and the running game were just as brutal as the passing game in the first half. Special-teams let us down again. Rex Ryan didn't have the team prepared even though he had 10 days.

    This isn't some special turning point. This is just a typical Jets win against a horrible opponent. With the exception of the running game waking up and wide receivers deciding to catch, Greg McElroy's performance was not that much different than Mark Sanchez's performance.

    SAR I
    It’s a pretty sad state of affairs when our 4yr- veteran QB’s performance was not that much different from our 3rd string qb’s performance.
    Sanchez needs to sit out a few games simply because of the fact that he hasn’t earned the right to play. Heck, the Cardinal-rookie QB had a higher passer rating than Sanchez today.
    I’m not blaming Sanchez for all of our losses this year, but it’s time he be made accountable for his poor play.
    Last edited by canadianjetsfan; 12-02-2012 at 10:50 PM.

  6. #46
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Itís a pretty sad state of affairs when our 4yr- veteran QBís performance was not that much different from our 3rd string qbís performance.
    Sanchez needs to sit out a few games simply because of the fact that he hasnít earned the right to play. Heck, the Cardinal-rookie QB had a higher passer rating than Sanchez today.
    Iím not blaming Sanchez for all of our losses this year, but itís time he be made accountable for his poor play.
    If the coaching staff felt we had a better alternative to Mark Sanchez before today they would have put him in there, right? Not sure what "made accountable" means. You think a player goes home at night after playing like crap and enjoys hearing sports radio, reading newspapers, having to face is family and friends? Just because Mark Sanchez has taken classes in NFL public speaking and gives politically correct press conferences like everyone else doesn't mean that he doesn't care. I think that's a bit silly to even think.

    No question Sanchez has hit rock bottom. We've seen from McElroy today the same thing we saw in him in the 2011 preseason. He can throw, he can compete. The one thing we need to accomplish in what's left of this season is to validate which of the young guys should be here next season. Give McElroy all the snaps necessary to prove it one way or the other. Same for all the defensive youngsters. Get other underperformers like Bart Scott, David Harris, and Calvin Pace out of there, see what the kids can do.

    SAR I

  7. #47
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    Playing with that clip board!!!!
    The Jets took a young, promising NFL starting quarterback with big upside who was 4-2 in playoff games and drove him into the ground due to lack of support, spent all their draft picks on the defense, let all the experienced vets on offense go, hung him out to dry.

    And you think this is something to celebrate.

    SAR I

  8. #48
    It was nice to see that Rex had balls, and made the right move today.

    Even with the support of 177 yards rushing Sanchez was an interception waiting to happen. He threw 3 picks, which should have had a 4th.

    Another rough outing.

  9. #49
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    It was nice to see that Rex had balls, and made the right move today.

    Even with the support of 177 yards rushing Sanchez was an interception waiting to happen. He threw 3 picks, which should have had a 4th.

    Another rough outing.
    He's a mess right now. Frankly, I hope he sits on the bench the rest of the season so he can clear his head, recover some confidence after what the Jets have done to him.

    Trade up to get a guy high in the first round, surround him with no talent, take away the receiver or two that he's had a chance to bond with, this is what you get.

    Let's see what McElroy's got, but there's a danger here. The last thing we need is to win a few more games in this blown season. We don't need to stuff ourselves on the turkey's of the NFL and drop in draft order, get some false confidence in McElroy, revive foolish hope in Ryan, and stay the course with Tannenbaum next season. Disaster if that happens.

    SAR I

  10. #50
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,598
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He completed 5 passes for 29 yards, that's all I'm saying.

    It's not like he was called upon and put up 15 completions for 140 yards or something impressive. He led a nice, pedestrian, dinky-doink-dump-off drive for a TD aided by a big penalty.

    He also saw passes dropped by receivers who he hit in the chest, he also saw a turnover by a wideout who didn't hold onto the ball, he was also under pressure from the failure of the OL. More of same, no matter who is under center.

    McElroy did a nice job coming off the bench and getting us a single score. He didn't win the game. Powell and Greene ultimately did and/or the worst starting quarterback in the NFL who just happened to show up and hand us the game.

    SAR I
    The kid has run the scout team all season. He didn't get reps this week running the actual Jets offense. Amazing result if you put it in perspective.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He's a mess right now. Frankly, I hope he sits on the bench the rest of the season so he can clear his head, recover some confidence after what the Jets have done to him.

    Trade up to get a guy high in the first round, surround him with no talent, take away the receiver or two that he's had a chance to bond with, this is what you get.

    Let's see what McElroy's got, but there's a danger here. The last thing we need is to win a few more games in this blown season. We don't need to stuff ourselves on the turkey's of the NFL and drop in draft order, get some false confidence in McElroy, revive foolish hope in Ryan, and stay the course with Tannenbaum next season. Disaster if that happens.

    SAR I
    SAR....Did it bother you at all that Sanchez thought it necessary to speak to Rex upon being informed of his "benching" by Soprano....to me it suggests a disfunctional relationship with BOTH coaches....

  12. #52
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    stop spinning everything to rex. rex sucks, tanny sucks but sanchez is horrific. An abomination. The worst qb in the league. Enough is enough. If we ever get a halfway capable qb that can actually lead this team and make others around him better, i'm going to constantly remind you how you didn't want to move on from sanchez and blindly defended him.
    Lindley is the worst QB in the league.

  13. #53
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The kid has run the scout team all season. He didn't get reps this week running the actual Jets offense. Amazing result if you put it in perspective.
    It was great, but we've seen better.

    Jets history is littered with the backup quarterback being forced into service and energizing a lackluster squad against an inferior opponent.

    And then the next game, back to reality unfortunately. At this point, Sanchez is a head-case, needs to get a few weeks off. McElroy needs to be validated as a legitimate #2 and/or a threat to battle Sanchez for the #1 next summer. Give him all the work we can, see if there's something there.

    But no matter how you slice it, we're not going to get a good read on him because we play 5 straight against the worst teams in the NFL, teams that we have consistently beaten for the past two seasons.

    SAR I

  14. #54
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jifan View Post
    SAR....Did it bother you at all that Sanchez thought it necessary to speak to Rex upon being informed of his "benching" by Soprano....to me it suggests a disfunctional relationship with BOTH coaches....
    According to the postgame interview, Sanchez went over to Rex to make Rex feel better and tell him that he "understood".

    The dysfunction is everywhere on this team. Better hope that now that the competitive phase of the season is over we don't win a few more games and screw ourselves over for another year.

    SAR I

  15. #55
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Lindley is the worst QB in the league.
    Yup.

    And the defense mustered 0 points against him. Needed a miracle drive just to eke the thing out 7-6. What happened to the "most dominant defense on earth, we're going to score points this season, best talent I've ever coached"?

    SAR I

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by jifan View Post
    SAR....Did it bother you at all that Sanchez thought it necessary to speak to Rex upon being informed of his "benching" by Soprano....to me it suggests a disfunctional relationship with BOTH coaches....
    It smacks of a spoiled kid who thinks he is beyond reproach.

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,490
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I've seen enough good in Mark Sanchez when he's surrounded with decent playmakers to know he can be an effective quarterback in the future. You act like the 2012 Jets offense is filled with playmakers, filled with all-pro's, and is being brought down by a single individual. It's not. We have the worst playmakers in the league, our OL is below average, the offensive coordinator is a joke, the WR's can't catch and can't run the right routes.

    I wish it were as simple as replacing Mark Sanchez and fixing all our woes. Only a blind homer would see it that way. We played the worst team in the NFL tonight, an 0-8 team with the worst QB in the NFL, a team who quit on it's head coach, a western team playing the early game on the east coast.

    And we won 7-6. LOLZ.

    SAR I
    Agree with all of this

  18. #58
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Agree with all of this
    I just hope we give Mark the chance to rebound next season and surround him with quality offensive talent.

    Would be just like the Jets to find a franchise quarterback, ignore him, ruin him, and watch him flourish somewhere else. Nightmare.

    SAR I

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He completed 5 passes for 29 yards, that's all I'm saying.

    It's not like he was called upon and put up 15 completions for 140 yards or something impressive. He led a nice, pedestrian, dinky-doink-dump-off drive for a TD aided by a big penalty.

    He also saw passes dropped by receivers who he hit in the chest, he also saw a turnover by a wideout who didn't hold onto the ball, he was also under pressure from the failure of the OL. More of same, no matter who is under center.

    McElroy did a nice job coming off the bench and getting us a single score. He didn't win the game. Powell and Greene ultimately did and/or the worst starting quarterback in the NFL who just happened to show up and hand us the game.

    SAR I
    The team was dead with Sanchez.

    McElroy is far more accurate, has better footwork and handles the ball better too.

    I don't know if they win that game if they stayed with Mark.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Agree with all of this
    I don't think anybody is suggesting that if the Jets lose Sanchez they're suddenly world-beaters. They're not - of course, they have a myriad of issues besides Sanchez. But that doesn't change the fact Sanchez is horrible. Just plain awful. This wouldn't change with better players around him. If you just throw the ball directly at the opposing team's DBs, this doesn't change with better players. What? It would be a better offensive lineman that he runs into and simply drops the football?! He sucks. He really does - you could put an all-star team around him and he'd still suck. He can't play worth a ****. It doesn't matter who else is out there.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us