Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It's not Sanchez, he has no talent around him!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The team was dead with Sanchez.

McElroy is far more accurate, has better footwork and handles the ball better too.

I don't know if they win that game if they stayed with Mark.
    Putting in McElroy was a good wake-up call, sparked the team. The win came from the simple move of putting him in there, not the whopping 29 yards of passing offense he brought to the table.

The spark woke up the OL and the running backs and it was the running backs that actually won the game on both the scoring drive and later the sealing drive.

McElroy is fresh as a daisy because he doesn't take the brutal hits that Sanchez has taken for the past 16 months. Let's see if this spark keeps the team going or if the smallish kid doesn't have one of Sanchez' best attributes- physical toughness.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    I don't think anybody is suggesting that if the Jets lose Sanchez they're suddenly world-beaters. They're not - of course, they have a myriad of issues besides Sanchez. But that doesn't change the fact Sanchez is horrible. Just plain awful. This wouldn't change with better players around him. If you just throw the ball directly at the opposing team's DBs, this doesn't change with better players. What? It would be a better offensive lineman that he runs into and simply drops the football?! He sucks. He really does - you could put an all-star team around him and he'd still suck. He can't play worth a ****. It doesn't matter who else is out there.
    The guy is punch-drunk from 16 months of beatings from a porous offensive line, a management team that's abandoned him, and a revolving door of carpetbagging wide receivers to not-bond with.

The question of why Mark Sanchez is a bad QB right now has been answered; what remains to be seen is if he can rebound from this and if we can surround him with a good set of tools with which to try.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Agree with all of this
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I've seen enough good in Mark Sanchez when he's surrounded with decent playmakers to know he can be an effective quarterback in the future. You act like the 2012 Jets offense is filled with playmakers, filled with all-pro's, and is being brought down by a single individual. It's not. We have the worst playmakers in the league, our OL is below average, the offensive coordinator is a joke, the WR's can't catch and can't run the right routes.

I wish it were as simple as replacing Mark Sanchez and fixing all our woes. Only a blind homer would see it that way. We played the worst team in the NFL tonight, an 0-8 team with the worst QB in the NFL, a team who quit on it's head coach, a western team playing the early game on the east coast.

And we won 7-6. LOLZ.

SAR I
    This is just sour grapes. You're being silly.

Sanchez turns it over 3 times. Contributes 0 points through 3 quarters.

McElroy comes in:
    1st drive results in a touchdown
    2nd drive ends in a fumble by a new RB signed two weeks ago.
    3rd drive is a three and out where McElroy, get this, throws it away on 3rd down
    4th drive is to the 1 yard line where Shonne Green takes a seat and they run out the clock.

4 drives, 2 into the red zone, no mistakes. Against a stout defense. You guys aren't happy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR he is done. There is no coming back from Moore's ass.

He might be the starter next week. Heck he may even be here next year bc of his horrible contract. But we would just be playing out the string. We are never going to win with him. No team is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy is punch-drunk from 16 months of beatings from a porous offensive line, a management team that's abandoned him, and a revolving door of carpetbagging wide receivers to not-bond with.

The question of why Mark Sanchez is a bad QB right now has been answered; what remains to be seen is if he can rebound from this and if we can surround him with a good set of tools with which to try.

SAR I
    Sanchez's career is on the same trajectory as David Carr (who IMO had a much bigger upside than Sanchez). The die has been cast. It is over for Sanchez. If (big IF) he reclaims his career it will be with another team, several years from now, much in the manner of the only Mexican American QB ever to win a SB. Although, IMO odds are he is out of the league in 5 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Sanchez's career is on the same trajectory as David Carr (who IMO had a much bigger upside than Sanchez). The die has been cast. It is over for Sanchez. If (big IF) he reclaims his career it will be with another team, several years from now, much in the manner of the only Mexican American QB ever to win a SB. Although, IMO odds are he is out of the league in 5 years.
    Carr had ability and took the worst beating I have ever seen a QB take for years in Houston. He never had a chance. Sanchez was given a much better opportunity.

But I get what you are trying to say. He is done. The only question is if Woody wants to waste another year and hold us hostage.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The kid has run the scout team all season. He didn't get reps this week running the actual Jets offense. Amazing result if you put it in perspective.
    That's right - he hasn't been getting reps with the 1st string and took great care of the ball. I'm so happy that Rex finally benched Sanchez - it gives me hope that maybe he cares more about the TEAM than he does Sanchez. He may be able to salvage his HC job with this move.

In spite of McElroy's lack of practice with the starters he didn't fumble or throw any interceptions. He didn't cave under pressure. Somebody said he won "dirty" or was "boring". Screw that - a win is a win is a win. And he won with the same team that Sanchez lost with. So there! Sanchez is more of a problem than the rest of the team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    SAR he is done. There is no coming back from Moore's ass.

He might be the starter next week. Heck he may even be here next year bc of his horrible contract. But we would just be playing out the string. We are never going to win with him. No team is.
    You can't say that. He's worse today than 3 yrs ago. This organization has Fd up his development. If he gets with a true and accomplished OC and QB coach he could be developed but I think he needs a change of scenery at this point

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    This is just sour grapes. You're being silly.

Sanchez turns it over 3 times. Contributes 0 points through 3 quarters.

McElroy comes in:
    1st drive results in a touchdown
    2nd drive ends in a fumble by a new RB signed two weeks ago.
    3rd drive is a three and out where McElroy, get this, throws it away on 3rd down
    4th drive is to the 1 yard line where Shonne Green takes a seat and they run out the clock.

4 drives, 2 into the red zone, no mistakes. Against a stout defense. You guys aren't happy.
    7 points against a team a team that has lost 7 straight games, so no I still feel the same about the team. We need a complete rebuild and it sucks. I can't even come up with a scenario where we could be a legitimate contender in the next few years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the post game interview, Sanchez kept making references to "butts" i.e. " I know Greg works his butt off"; "I'm gonna work my butt off"; "the team worked its butt off"..... it made me giggle.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    7 points against a team a team that has lost 7 straight games, so no I still feel the same about the team. We need a complete rebuild and it sucks. I can't even come up with a scenario where we could be a legitimate contender in the next few years.
    He played less than 2 qtrs, they could have put up 14 points, Greene sat down on the 1 yard line...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Letís face it, Sanchez should have been replaced weeks ago.
    But because Tebow was annointed as # 2 by Woody and/or Tanny, Rex never made the change.
    Now, if Tebow is deemed healthy enough to play next week ( and in all places Jacksonville), Rex will probably be pressured to play Tebow from upstairs.
    Itís gonna be an interesting week, to put it lightly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    10 days ago we watched our starting franchise QB run directly into a lineman's ass. Today that same QB was finally benched.

It's step 1.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    You can't say that. He's worse today than 3 yrs ago. This organization has Fd up his development. If he gets with a true and accomplished OC and QB coach he could be developed but I think he needs a change of scenery at this point
    Develop? Sanchez is developing at the rate of a diamond.

He made a couple of plays for some very good teams. That is all. He was never anything special.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Develop? Sanchez is developing at the rate of a diamond.

He made a couple of plays for some very good teams. That is all. He was never anything special.
    I guess you missed how I said he's worse today than 3 yrs ago ie regressing. Heck he's worse this season than last. In other words Sparano/Cavanaugh suck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I guess you missed how I said he's worse today than 3 yrs ago ie regressing. Heck he's worse this season than last. In other words Sparano/Cavanaugh suck.
    LOL. What were they thinking taking Miami's trash.

According to Schein the Jets tried to replace Cavanaugh but couldnt find anyone to take the job.

We need to replace the entire offensive staff at least. Hopefully we get a new HC too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Schein the Jets tried to replace Cavanaugh but couldnt find anyone to take the job.

We need to replace the entire offensive staff at least. Hopefully we get a new HC too.
    No argument from me.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It was great, but we've seen better.

Jets history is littered with the backup quarterback being forced into service and energizing a lackluster squad against an inferior opponent.

And then the next game, back to reality unfortunately. At this point, Sanchez is a head-case, needs to get a few weeks off. McElroy needs to be validated as a legitimate #2 and/or a threat to battle Sanchez for the #1 next summer. Give him all the work we can, see if there's something there.

But no matter how you slice it, we're not going to get a good read on him because we play 5 straight against the worst teams in the NFL, teams that we have consistently beaten for the past two seasons.

SAR I
    Disagree. Play the kid, let him practice all week and you might know if he is a guy you let compete for the starting role next year (or be the backup). If he is god awful like the AZ QB today, we can cut bait with McElroy as well. But we won't know that unless we let him play.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you are going to get a good offensive staff under Rex.