Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: hope you enjoyed mcelroys peak

why no confidence in mcelroy.he did what he had to do to win the game.he ran out the clock when it mattered.smart kid

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    I think Sanchez flat out sucks but it's pretty clear to me that McElroy doesn't have the arm strength to compete in this league.

And anyone who says McElroy is better than Sanchez's peak is just being stupid. Seriously. Sanchez is the franchise leader in playoff wins. He's stepped up in some big games in the past. McElroy handed the ball off in a meaningless game. If Arizona's quarterback wasn't somehow even worse this game would be a blowout.
    Too rational.

I think Sanchez flat out sucks but it's pretty clear to me that McElroy doesn't have the arm strength to compete in this league.

And anyone who says McElroy is better than Sanchez's peak is just being stupid. Seriously. Sanchez is the franchise leader in playoff wins. He's stepped up in some big games in the past. McElroy handed the ball off in a meaningless game. If Arizona's quarterback wasn't somehow even worse this game would be a blowout.
    yeah, ok..we won..somwthing you and sanchez don't seem to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Too rational.
    what is that sancez on your chin?

Big Mac is a care-taker. His instructions will be to do no harm. Something which Sanchez can not seem to figure out. The 2014 QB for the NY Jets is not on their roster.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Its only going to get worse from here
    I did enjoy it, but not as much as Sanchez' benching! He looks awesome holding a clipboard!!

The team FINALLY makes a change as this season circles the drain and people don't like it? Unreal.
    Last edited by boxman; 12-02-2012 at 05:46 PM.

All Pro
    Sucks being a Sanchez worshiper, doesn't it.

Must suck as much as supporting Pennington was, huh?

All Pro

Worshiping at the Sanchez altar still?

Whats wrong with McElroy? If they kept sanchez in the game we loose!

We won the game. Wouldn't have with Sanchez. Do any of us know what McElroy will bring? Absolutely not but the team stepped up once he came in.

If you are going to start a thread at least use more than eight words.

McElroy is not the answer.

He's gritty, he'll be smart, he's tough, and he has the crowd behind him right now because they don't know any better yet.

It was the right move though, Sanchez is lost.

But Sanchez, when right, absolutely needs to be the QB of this team to get anywhere, McElroy isn't taking us anywhere, neither is Tebow.

The problem is now fans will be biased against everything Sanchez does and doesn't do.

It's a shame that Sanchez' poor play compounded by a blowhard fanbase, will probably never get a full chance to recover with the Jets.

It's a results oriented league though, and it was definitely the right move to bench him today, but man, the players around him are doing very little.

Teams will catch up to McElroy quickly.

It's probably a good thing the team is on the road, Rex can give Sanchez one more chance this season without worrying about the crowd rooting against his own team and player.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 12-02-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Worshiping at the Sanchez altar still?.
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    yeah, ok..we won..somwthing you and sanchez don't seem to understand.
    Are you guys both serious? My first statement was that Sanchez flat out sucks...He is not and will never be the answer for the Jets. But it's also pretty clear to me that McElroy will never be anything more than a game manager, and will never even sniff the playoffs much less win four games and make it to two AFC title games.

That being said, since we've given up on Sanchez and pretty much the season, we might as well throw him or Tebow out there and see where we land draftwise.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan96 View Post
    Whats wrong with McElroy? If they kept sanchez in the game we loose!

McErloy didn't make any plays, they ran the ball, and he didn't turn it over, so there is that...

The irony here is, when Sanchez is right, he can do so much more, but fans aren't even satisfied with a QB that manages the game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

This thread is classless and childish. Just imagine McElroy's parents reading this.

I'm just waiting to here the excuses with McElroy . This team sux and is flawed, place this blame on rex

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

He's gritty, he'll be smart, he's tough, and he has the crowd behind him right now because they don't know any better yet.

But Sanchez, when right, absolutely needs to be the QB of this team to get anywhere, McElroy isn't taking us anywhere, neither is Tebow.

The problem is now fans will be biased against everything Sanchez does and doesn't do.

It's a shame that Sanchez' poor play compounded by a blowhard fanbase, will probably never get a full chance to recover with the Jets.

It's a results oriented league though, and it was definitely the right move to bench him today, but man, the players around him are doing very little.

It's probably a good thing the team is on the road, Rex can give Rex one more chance this season without worrying about the crowd rooting against his own team and player.
    I was embarrassed as a Jets fan until McElroy came in.
    I agree, he most likely is not the answer, but you know what Ray, at least the kid plays with a little bit of fire.

I say let it ride with McElroy until he shows us he doesnt have what it takes. It was only a small sample of work to judge him by toda.

Teams are going to eat up McElroy. We won't be able to run with him at quarterback because any team that's paying attention will realize that they can just stack the box. He's not going to beat anyone on any go routes or double moves. When he's got no run support and is facing constant 3rd and longs, he's going to get exposed as the game manager that he is.

It sucks that Sanchez wasn't the answer. I'm not worshipping him. Just trying to keep it real. I actually feel bad for McElroy because fans are going to turn on him even quicker than they did on Sanchez. But he won't deserve it because he's just a backup, and was drafted to be a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

It's probably a good thing the team is on the road, Rex can give Rex one more chance this season without worrying about the crowd rooting against his own team and player.
    LOL dude you should do standup! I'm in tears over here!