Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: hope you enjoyed mcelroys peak

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Too lazy to look it up but didn't McElroy win a national championship and complete 70% of his passes? Sanchez is in a bad place and Tebow doesn't hav it. Let's give McElroy a shot.
    eh back with college stats ha. Tebow 66.4% McElroy 66.3. both won NTs. got any other useless stat you want to run by me. Tebow scored more TDs in one year in college then McElroy scored all college. Not to mention rushing for almost 3k yards. His ability to run is what give us a better chance to win IMO. Yeah all of our options suck I'm not saying they don't. People seem to have a blind hatred of Tebow for no reason. Was he badmouthing his team? No that was McElroy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    eh back with college stats ha. Tebow 66.4% McElroy 66.3. both won NTs. got any other useless stat you want to run by me. Tebow scored more TDs in one year in college then McElroy scored all college. Not to mention rushing for almost 3k yards. His ability to run is what give us a better chance to win IMO. Yeah all of our options suck I'm not saying they don't. People seem to have a blind hatred of Tebow for no reason. Was he badmouthing his team? No that was McElroy.
    Who the hell cares "he was badmouthing his team"?! They deserved to be badmouthed ... McElroy didn't say anything that wasn't true. The Jets are awful and Mark Sanchez is an embarrassment - friggin circus clown - it would be impossible to be worse - Sanchez is an unprepared clueless idiot and he deserves to get benched. I hope I never see him in a Jets uniform again. Just a short-bus ridin' idiot. McElroy won the game, he deserves to play. A crappy McElroy is still FAR better than Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    McErloy didnt turn over the ball

Sanchez does, all the time

you cant win when you turn over the ball so many times like Sanzhez
    That's true

Good thing the Cards were called for that holding penalty, would have been a game changing INT on an extremely poor thrown ball, but it's funny that fans will over look those when McElroy is throwing them, at least for now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    Who the hell cares "he was badmouthing his team"?! They deserved to be badmouthed ... McElroy didn't say anything that wasn't true. The Jets are awful and Mark Sanchez is an embarrassment - friggin circus clown - it would be impossible to be worse - Sanchez is an unprepared clueless idiot and he deserves to get benched. I hope I never see him in a Jets uniform again. Just a short-bus ridin' idiot. McElroy won the game, he deserves to play. A crappy McElroy is still FAR better than Sanchez.
    I agree with you on Sanchez but McElroy is crap too. He doesn't deserve to play any more then some guy off the street does. If you can't back your team then you shouldn't be on the damn team. Period. I'd rather see Russell suit up in Green then either of these idiots. oh and maybe the team he is badmouthing and want to play for cares.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Umm..what?

Rex has given REX more than enough chances, you know!!!

Obvious mistake

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Ray, there is no point. The Kool-Aid is packed away, okay?

Sanchez is NOT right. He will NOT be right for this team. He will NOT take this team anywhere. He canNOT manage a game.

Maybe Mcelroy CAN manage a game. Let's see what he has. But Sanchez is
    NOT the answer.
    No **** he isn't right.

Confidence, not enough talent around him, not enough help on the field, it's contributing to his bad decision making.

You are saying he can't do something he already has. He's not doing it now, I agree, but he has, and he's shown he has, for many reasons, he's struggling, not all of which are his fault.

Teams will catch up to McElroy quick, too many fans always want the next guy when things go wrong, that's not always a good thing.

Besides, if there is a change at QB, I'd rather Tebow get the first chance.

That said, I still think Sanchez should get another opportunity.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    That's true

Good thing the Cards were called for that holding penalty, would have been a game changing INT on an extremely poor thrown ball, but it's funny that fans will over look those when McElroy is throwing them, at least for now.
    Game changing?
    we must have been watching different games, that offense was putrid.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Say what you want about Mark, but the kid is a class act.

Will he get his sh1t together, and his confidence back? Who knows.

Nonetheless, he's a good kid, and treated what happened to him today, which obviously is tough to do, with class.
    The kid would not accept that Sparano told him to come out of the game and needed Rex to tell him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    rex has been treating him like baby enough is enough man up!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Even if Sanchez is benched the rest of the season, he will have the opportunity to compete for it in TC next year. I don't know what you mean by "recover". Every jet fan was behind him (minus the tebowites) after the buffalo win to start the year. Let him win the job in TC next year and win a couple of games to start the year and jet fans will line up.

But he will have to compete for the job next year, neither his salary or draft position will help him.
    Recover from the state that he's in now, that's my point.

I don't disagree about competing in TC, he should absolutely earn back the opportunity next year. But even this year, I still think the team shouldn't give up on him yet. No other QB gives the team the best chance to win, makes the offense as dynamic than when he is running it, the problem is, he's struggling and playing like ****, so again, today had to happen.

But if this team has a chance this year, and they do for now, if they can somehow get back in it, they need Sanchez to figure it out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    The kid would not accept that Sparano told him to come out of the game and needed Rex to tell him.
    That's because he's been so coddled since he's come into the league.
    He's weak mentally and they just put the nail in the coffin.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Recover from the state that he's in now, that's my point.

I don't disagree about competing in TC, he should absolutely earn back the opportunity next year. But even this year, I still think the team shouldn't give up on him yet. No other QB gives the team the best chance to win, makes the offense as dynamic than when he is running it, the problem is, he's struggling and playing like ****, so again, today had to happen.

But if this team has a chance this year, and they do for now, if they can somehow get back in it, they need Sanchez to figure it out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was no chance Sanchez was ever going to recover from running into Moore's @ss. That will go down as a legendary folly. He was never mentally or emotionally strong enough for the normal highs and lows of the NFL let alone something like that. IMO he was finished before that but that play was just the icing on the cake. Today was proof. He was despondent. That first INT was as brutal an INT as he has ever thrown. On his last pass that got tipped he threw it lazily off his back foot, it was almost as if he quit. I mentioned it in the GameDay Thread and in a matter of seconds McElroy was warming up. Rex saw the same thing I did.

McElroy is smart and is a natural leader. He will not become a leader right away, he needs to earn that through his play. But one thing is for sure, he will never be mentally or emotionally overwhelmed like Sanchez has been.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

You are the greatest!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's true

WRONG again. Hill was held on that route and McElroy put the perfect touch on that ball for Hill to run under it. If Hill doesn't get interfered with, that's a completion and a very nicely thrown long ball.

And it is clearly something that Sanchez was incapable of doing.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    WRONG again. Hill was held on that route and McElroy put the perfect touch on that ball for Hill to run under it. If Hill doesn't get interfered with, that's a completion and a very nicely thrown long ball.

And it is clearly something that Sanchez was incapable of doing.
    stop reaching man. No one knows how that play could have turned out.

I know you're glad your boy McElroy is in, and I'm excited to see what he has, but let's not start giving him credit for plays that didn't happen.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is not the answer. I actually think Sanchez still is better. But we are done anyway

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Its only going to get worse from here
    Another SUCKCHEZ fan speaks his alleged mind!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    There was no chance Sanchez was ever going to recover from running into Moore's @ss. That will go down as a legendary folly. He was never mentally or emotionally strong enough for the normal highs and lows of the NFL let alone something like that. IMO he was finished before that but that play was just the icing on the cake. Today was proof. He was despondent. That first INT was as brutal an INT as he has ever thrown. On his last pass that got tipped he threw it lazily off his back foot, it was almost as if he quit. I mentioned it in the GameDay Thread and in a matter of seconds McElroy was warming up. Rex saw the same thing I did.

McElroy is smart and is a natural leader. He will not become a leader right away, he needs to earn that through his play. But one thing is for sure, he will never be mentally or emotionally overwhelmed like Sanchez has been.
    Makes a lot of sense to me. I though McElroy looked very poised out there today. He seemed to have great pocket presence!