Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: hope you enjoyed mcelroys peak

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

McErloy didn't make any plays, they ran the ball, and he didn't turn it over, so there is that...

The irony here is, when Sanchez is right, he can do so much more, but fans aren't even satisfied with a QB that manages the game.

McErloy didnt turn over the ball

Sanchez does, all the time

you cant win when you turn over the ball so many times like Sanzhez

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Say what you want about Mark, but the kid is a class act.

Will he get his sh1t together, and his confidence back? Who knows.

Nonetheless, he's a good kid, and treated what happened to him today, which obviously is tough to do, with class.

It's probably a good thing the team is on the road, Rex can give Rex one more chance this season without worrying about the crowd rooting against his own team and player.

Umm..what?

Rex has given REX more than enough chances, you know!!!

All League
    If he goes all down hill from here but gets the suckchez off my team.....he was a HUGE success!!!!!!!

Bye bye suckchez!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    Mcelroys peak is better then what Sanchez peak is and he spent most of the season inactive. You Sanchez followers need to accept the fact that Sanchez sucks.
    Sanchez's best game is light years better than mcelroys. But Sanchez is broken so were not going to see it again.

I know he's trolling but the OP is right. McElroy is horrible and threw a pick as well if not for the phantum holding call. We need a new qb

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

McElroy is not the answer.

He's gritty, he'll be smart, he's tough, and he has the crowd behind him right now because they don't know any better yet.

It was the right move though, Sanchez is lost.

But Sanchez, when right, absolutely needs to be the QB of this team to get anywhere, McElroy isn't taking us anywhere, neither is Tebow.

The problem is now fans will be biased against everything Sanchez does and doesn't do.

It's a shame that Sanchez' poor play compounded by a blowhard fanbase, will probably never get a full chance to recover with the Jets.

It's a results oriented league though, and it was definitely the right move to bench him today, but man, the players around him are doing very little.

Teams will catch up to McElroy quickly.

It's probably a good thing the team is on the road, Rex can give Rex one more chance this season without worrying about the crowd rooting against his own team and player.
    It is not the fans fault. Rex should have pulled Mark for his own good if only for one game earlier. Instead he waited until it was to the point where Mark is burnt. Mentally I just have never seen a QB recover from this kind of downfall. He was booted from day one as a great savor and it was just not realistic expectations. We did the same with Penny but he had Vinny to fall back on early in his career. Had they eased him in or even given him a break he may have recovered. He needed to relearn parts of the game he thought he already knew. Putting a finished Garcia then Tebow behind him was a massive fail IMO.

McElroy is not the answer.

He's gritty, he'll be smart, he's tough, and he has the crowd behind him right now because they don't know any better yet.

It was the right move though, Sanchez is lost.

But Sanchez, when right, absolutely needs to be the QB of this team to get anywhere, McElroy isn't taking us anywhere, neither is Tebow.

The problem is now fans will be biased against everything Sanchez does and doesn't do.

It's a shame that Sanchez' poor play compounded by a blowhard fanbase, will probably never get a full chance to recover with the Jets.

It's a results oriented league though, and it was definitely the right move to bench him today, but man, the players around him are doing very little.

Teams will catch up to McElroy quickly.

Even if Sanchez is benched the rest of the season, he will have the opportunity to compete for it in TC next year. I don't know what you mean by "recover". Every jet fan was behind him (minus the tebowites) after the buffalo win to start the year. Let him win the job in TC next year and win a couple of games to start the year and jet fans will line up.

But he will have to compete for the job next year, neither his salary or draft position will help him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    Are you guys both serious? My first statement was that Sanchez flat out sucks...He is not and will never be the answer for the Jets. But it's also pretty clear to me that McElroy will never be anything more than a game manager, and will never even sniff the playoffs much less win four games and make it to two AFC title games.

That being said, since we've given up on Sanchez and pretty much the season, we might as well throw him or Tebow out there and see where we land draftwise.
    Perhaps we'll let Greg play a couple of games before we declare him a bust.

Some of you guys, seriously.....

All League
    Waste of a thread.

All Pro

McErloy didn't make any plays, they ran the ball, and he didn't turn it over, so there is that...

The irony here is, when Sanchez is right, he can do so much more, but fans aren't even satisfied with a QB that manages the game.
    Ray, there is no point. The Kool-Aid is packed away, okay?

Sanchez is NOT right. He will NOT be right for this team. He will NOT take this team anywhere. He canNOT manage a game.

Maybe Mcelroy CAN manage a game. Let's see what he has. But Sanchez is
    NOT the answer.

McElroy is not the answer...
    He was today.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Sanchez's best game is light years better than mcelroys. But Sanchez is broken so were not going to see it again.

I know he's trolling but the OP is right. McElroy is horrible and threw a pick as well if not for the phantum holding call. We need a new qb

Sucks being a Sanchez fan, doesn't it?

What say you that Sanchez sucked for basically the whole game, yet Greg came in and drove them down the field.

OH WAIT!

I forgot....Sucks being a Sanchez fan, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Say what you want about Mark, but the kid is a class act.

Will he get his sh1t together, and his confidence back? Who knows.

Nonetheless, he's a good kid, and treated what happened to him today, which obviously is tough to do, with class.
    It would be nice if classy Mark joined you in watching Jet games rather than playing in them. He blows.

Sanchez fan here...

I have to implore to other fans out there, call a spade a spade. I wanted the guy to succeeded, I think he has/had the tools to succeed. But it's clearly not going to click for him mentally. He lacks accuracy.

Is Greg the answer long term? I edge towards probably not given his limitations, but let him play it out. If he does well I say still bring in a a 2nd rounder to compete with him. If he wins out let him continue on next season and continue to groom the prospect behind him.

I think it might be best to eat Sanchez's contract next year with an eye on 2014 as the beginning of the reconstruction.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Its only going to get worse from here
    Same old Jets Fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Its only going to get worse from here
    LOL. That didn't last long.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post

we haven't even seen Mac's best game so how could you possibly say that. Let the kid play before we make definitive statements.

What we know is that Sanchez is too stupid to get the job done any more. His turnovers are idiotic mistakes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Another quality thread from chupa.

You sir, suck balls.

All Pro
    Too lazy to look it up but didn't McElroy win a national championship and complete 70% of his passes? Sanchez is in a bad place and Tebow doesn't hav it. Let's give McElroy a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    we haven't even seen Mac's best game so how could you possibly say that. Let the kid play before we make definitive statements.

What we know is that Sanchez is too stupid to get the job done any more. His turnovers are idiotic mistakes.
    Agree. Sanchez has had nearly 4 years of games, with 75 percent of them being below average, while McElroy played less than 2 qtrs.

Yet we should proclaim McElroy as not good enough... Laughable.

4 playoff games, yawn, yeah we know... We had a great defense and running game.