Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Hopefully this marks the end of the Sanchez era

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully this marks the end of the Sanchez era

I hope Rex isnt dumb enough to start Sanchez next week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    if he starts sanchez next week.then it's time for rex to go.three picks should make up his mind fast.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this week tells me all I need to know. I could be wrong. But I think the Tim Tebow trade, Rex Ryan was NEVER on board with. I don't believe Rex Ryan thinks Tim Tebow is a decent QB.

I think Sanchez was never benched by Rex this season because Tebow was the number 2 QB.

Rex Ryan was waiting for a scenario like this so he could pull the plug on Sanchez and bring a real live POCKET passer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The tone of Rex Ryan is telling me that he is going to start McElroy next week. He sounds like he's despondent. Feels horribly about having to pull Mark.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I think this week tells me all I need to know. I could be wrong. But I think the Tim Tebow trade, Rex Ryan was NEVER on board with. I don't believe Rex Ryan thinks Tim Tebow is a decent QB.

I think Sanchez was never benched by Rex this season because Tebow was the number 2 QB.

Rex Ryan was waiting for a scenario like this so he could pull the plug on Sanchez and bring a real live POCKET passer.
    Thats my take on why it took so long to bench Sanchez.
    Woody forced them to trade for Tebow. Now that Mcelroy is in youcant just pull him in favor of Tebow without giving him a chance. Rex outsmarted Woody.
    Last edited by nyjets1969; 12-02-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

tebow never came in for sanchez because he can't play in the same style of offense. starting tebow means running a completely different scheme

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    Thats my take on why it took so long to bench Sanchez.
    Woody forced them to trade for Tebow. Now that Mcelroy is in youcant just pull him in favor of Tebow without giving him a chance. Rex outsmarted Woody.
    but then why wouldn't they have deactivated tebow the prior week when he first had the broken ribs? why did they wait an extra week to do this?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    but then why wouldn't they have deactivated tebow the prior week when he first had the broken ribs? why did they wait an extra week to do this?
    Or maybe the better question is, WHY did they stick with Sanchez when they had Tebow waiting as the number 2 QB?

Today, I think I now know the answer. Once again, like I said, I could be wrong. But that is what I believe is the case.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or maybe the better question is, WHY did they stick with Sanchez when they had Tebow waiting as the number 2 QB?

Today, I think I now know the answer. Once again, like I said, I could be wrong. But that is what I believe is the case.
    You may be over-thinking this. Rex wasn't going to pull Sanchez until the Jets were mathematically eliminated from the playoff race. At the time they put McElroy in it looked like Sanchez was going to lose the game for them, so Rex decided to pull him because if he didn't the Jets would certainly have lost and been eliminated.

Next week is interesting because the Jets still have a chance at the playoffs. This could mean Rex will start Sanchez again but will pull him at the first sign of faltering.