Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MEGA MERGED MCELROY THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Who knows what this kid is capable of? He could suck as bad as Sanchez.

BOTTOM LINE: He ELEVATED the play of the surrounding players. The ENTIRE team played better.

Have we ever been able to say that about Sanchez?
    Settle down. I am all for getting rid of Sanchez but if you think Mcelroy did anything to elevate anybody you are smoking something. He gave the team a lift but only because he is new and young and the crowd was behind him. He is not and will not be the answer at QB. Actually nobody on the roster is the answer.

Practice Squad
    Sorry, the start will never be McElroy, its either Sanchez or Tebow. The #1 or the #2.

You guys are all acting like McElroy looked great out there. He handed the ball off. Jeez. If Arizona wasn't completely incompetent they would've easily taken this game. Today was really a battle of which team could suck less.

+1

It's amazing how leadership can make a difference. The players didn't believe in Mark Sanchez. I think that was made abundantly clear by what transpired today.
    Wow you guys are nuts. Did Mcelroy do something awesome? He is no better or no worse then Sanchez. Just an avg guy. Sanchez had his ups and we are all seeing his downs. That being said lets not act as if we just saw our future QB playing today because its just not true.

Undrafted Free Agent

What's your evaluation of Greg McElroy?

Nice awareness.
    Good Pocket Presence.
    Decent Arm
    Great Feet.
    Looks like a leader.

SYSTEM QB!

You're NUTS.

Sanchez is FRIED. Stick a fork in him, he's so done. It is absolutely CRAZY to go back to Sanchez at this point.
    we'll see, I'm inclined to agree but I don't know if mcelroy is ready to be the starter yet. I think you give mark another chance to start but be ready to pull him out of the game quickly if he can't do anything

All Pro
    Rex did not commit to Sanchez next week....

He's toast!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    You guys are all acting like McElroy looked great out there. He handed the ball off. Jeez. If Arizona wasn't completely incompetent they would've easily taken this game. Today was really a battle of which team could suck less.
    McElroy did what he needed to do today. He hit receivers when necessary, even one wide open in the end zone. Which, I should add, is something that Sanchez has had a lot of trouble with lately.

Decent arm? Dude it looks worse than Penningtons. He is at best a game manager, which is what he did today. He'll never be a game winner, which at times Sanchez was.

I've given up on Sanchez, but that doesn't mean McElroy is the answer.

Said he likes Greg and is comfortable with him out there...

I think he's going to be named the starter... Well see.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    Decent arm? Dude it looks worse than Penningtons. He is at best a game manager, which is what he did today. He'll never be a game winner, which at times Sanchez was.

I've given up on Sanchez, but that doesn't mean McElroy is the answer.
    what game did you watch?

All Pro
    McElroy should start for the remainder of the season. Sanchez is done, and the team needs to see if McElroy has any long term potential as starter or backup.

Undrafted Free Agent
    he's got a good enough arm., as long as he plays within himself.

Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    Nice awareness.
    Good Pocket Presence.
    Decent Arm
    Great Feet.
    Looks like a leader.

SYSTEM QB!
    BETTER than Mark Sanchez and that's all that the team, FO, owner, Fans, etc. need to know.

we can't judge him by this game.when the jets were at the goal line.he did what he was told to do.RUN OUT THE CLOCK.

Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    what game did you watch?
    The same as you. Anytime he threw it deep he lofted it. I think I might have a better arm.

BETTER than Mark Sanchez and that's all that the team, FO, owner, Fans, etc. need to know.
    Bingo. He did more in 1 quarter (or 1.5 quarters) than Sanchez has done in his last 2 games.

G-MAC FOR PRESIDENT.

Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    Nice awareness.
    Good Pocket Presence.
    Decent Arm
    Great Feet.
    Looks like a leader.

SYSTEM QB!

Quack, quack. Quack. That first "long" McElroy pass still hasn't landed yet....

He's Chad Pennington Post-Injury, smart, dink/dunker with no arm of any kind beyond 5 yards out.

Pretty much exactly what I expected.

On the bright side, no three INT's. Which given how our D dominated today, and our O-line and running game was very solid, was all we needed.
    Last edited by Warfish; 12-02-2012 at 04:20 PM.

No where near enough body of work to evaluate... Lets see him play bad and good games and go from there...