View Poll Results: Who do you start at QB going forward

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mark Sanchez

    14 7.69%
  • Tim Tebow

    21 11.54%
  • Greg McElroy

    147 80.77%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 101

Thread: THE GREAT DEBATE! Who do you start at QB next week

  1. #61
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,244
    Is there any way we can get McElroy's head to fit on Sanchez's body?

  2. #62
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lawn Guyland
    Posts
    1,162
    Although I would like for Mcelroy to start I voted from the Owner's perspective. You have to start Sanchez after all that's invested in him and to see how he responds to the benching if at all. And have him on a very short leash. If he craps the bed you know he is done here. If he responds positively, who knows.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers1 View Post
    I also think Sanchez will be given another shot in training camp next season to see if he learned anything, if not then a very expensive bench player
    No, Sanchez should NOT get another shot at training camp next season! We already know he can win in practice games.

    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    There is no debate. Sanchez can never play again as QB of the NYJ unless both MCE and Tebow gets hurt.
    Yep. +1.

    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    I'd start Tebow. He is the best QB on the roster despite his current status as the #2 QB.

    Note: Congrats to Greg McIlroy on a successful NFL debut.
    I want to see both McElroy AND Tebow get playing time before I make my assessment LOLOL , but if I can only pick 1, I pick Tebow. McElroy is way better than Sanchez, who should never see the field again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I would start Tebow (if healthy). If not, McElroy.

    Most Fans would start McElQuack.

    Rex will start Sanchez.
    AND
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    You all know that Rex is going to start Sanchez next game.

    Question then is, who replaces him when he gets benched yet again ? If Tebow is healthy, does he get the nod ? Or does McElroy ?
    Thanks for the buzzkill Warfish and Demo. I really hope Rex is done with Sanchez, but in the event that Sanchez starts and craps his pants again, Tebow should go in as QB. If that doesn't happen, then I hope both Tebow and McElroy get to play some complete drives or a whole quarter so we can see what we've got.

  4. #64
    i think rex already knows what he has in sanchez. he doesn't know much about mcelroy in game situations. but from what was seen on sunday, the team moved the ball albeit relying on a really good run game and mcelroy threw to the right receivers. he made a nice 3rd down pass to hill. so who knows? it would just be noce for the jets to catch lightning in a bottle for once.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    No, Sanchez should NOT get another shot at training camp next season! We already know he can win in practice games.


    Yep. +1.


    I want to see both McElroy AND Tebow get playing time before I make my assessment LOLOL , but if I can only pick 1, I pick Tebow. McElroy is way better than Sanchez, who should never see the field again.


    AND

    Thanks for the buzzkill Warfish and Demo. I really hope Rex is done with Sanchez, but in the event that Sanchez starts and craps his pants again, Tebow should go in as QB. If that doesn't happen, then I hope both Tebow and McElroy get to play some complete drives or a whole quarter so we can see what we've got.
    Except we've seen Tebow play before he even came to NY, so we already know he's trash. G-MAC, on the other hand, has only played a whole 1 quarter and has already outperformed Sanchez (some challenge...). So, picking Tebow is simply picking who your favorite is, not who should actually play.

    G-MAC is a man we can trust in, a man we can put our faith in. A vote for G-MAC is a vote for Sweet Lady America. Are you anti-American, Suzy?

  6. #66
    McElroy will start hands down. Rex would of made it clear in his presser today if Sanchez was remaining starter.

    Although, Sanchez will be the starting quarterback again for the jets in the future. Barring a trade to the Chiefs, Chargers, Cardinals, or possibly even Buffalo.

  7. #67
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,598
    Per CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, Jets head coach Rex Ryan is "leaning to" starting Greg McElroy at quarterback over Mark Sanchez in Week 14 at Jacksonville.
    One source called it 65-35 that McElroy would be under center against the Jaguars, and Gang Green's coaching staff liked the "improved pace and verve" of the offense in the roughly 20 minutes of game time with McElroy in. Ryan is set to meet with GM Mike Tannenbaum on Monday night to discuss the matter. McElroy is certainly not the long-term answer in New York, but he gave the team a definite boost. Tim Tebow is not considered a candidate for the job. Sanchez is due $8.25 million in guarantees in 2013, so he's likely not going anywhere. We'll have plenty of updates on the situation throughout the week. McElroy would not be a fantasy option.

    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...mcelroy-at-jax

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Except we've seen Tebow play before he even came to NY, so we already know he's trash. G-MAC, on the other hand, has only played a whole 1 quarter and has already outperformed Sanchez (some challenge...). So, picking Tebow is simply picking who your favorite is, not who should actually play.

    G-MAC is a man we can trust in, a man we can put our faith in. A vote for G-MAC is a vote for Sweet Lady America. Are you anti-American, Suzy?

    Damned if it doesn't seem like Tebow has actually started and won games in the NFL. Something about a winning percentage of 63% last year ?

    Kind of recall that he also managed to put up better overall numbers in his first 15 starts than Sanchez did in his "good" year back in 2009.

  9. #69
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    389
    I'd start McElroy.

    I have a horrible feeling Sanchez will be the starter this weekend though .

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Damned if it doesn't seem like Tebow has actually started and won games in the NFL. Something about a winning percentage of 63% last year ?

    Kind of recall that he also managed to put up better overall numbers in his first 15 starts than Sanchez did in his "good" year back in 2009.
    Yes, Tim's Defense and Kicker were excellent last year. Not really disputing that. Tim himself is trash, though. Cry all you want about it, but it's not changing.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yes, Tim's Defense and Kicker were excellent last year. Not really disputing that. Tim himself is trash, though. Cry all you want about it, but it's not changing.
    As I said, he put up better overall stats his first 15 starts than Sanchez did

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    As I said, he put up better overall stats his first 15 starts than Sanchez did
    Because that's really going to help your cause, lol.

    Sanchez 2011: 56.7 cmp%, 3,747 passing yds, 26 TD/18 INT, 217.1 YPG, 33.62 QBR.
    Tebow 2011: 46.5 cmp%, 1,729 passing yds, 12 TD/6 INT, 123.5 YPG, 29.91 QBR.

    Interesting.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-04-2012 at 06:34 AM.

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    As I said, he put up better overall stats his first 15 starts than Sanchez did
    As I said the Jets will be throwing their trash in the dustbin at the end of the season after his next four games on the inactive list. Hopefully you can enjoy his clipboard holding abilities next season at Jaguarfans.com

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  14. #74
    I was pleasantly surprised to see Tebow get more votes in this poll than Sanchez, in spite of all of the Tebow hate. If the Jets coaches gave Tebow the same chances that Sanchez has had he might turn into a decent QB.

  15. #75
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised to see Tebow get more votes in this poll than Sanchez, in spite of all of the Tebow hate. If the Jets coaches gave Tebow the same chances that Sanchez has had he might turn into a decent QB.
    Excellent idea

    Maybe your Pats can give him that big chance after the 2013 season when Tammi retires and heads off with his beard Jizabella to their bi winged mansion in Cali and his custom designed bathhouse

    They already know that Ryan "Leaf" Mullet is not an answer to the Whos Next question

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  16. #76


    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Excellent idea

    Maybe your Pats can give him that big chance after the 2013 season when Tammi retires and heads off with his beard Jizabella to their bi winged mansion in Cali and his custom designed bathhouse

    They already know that Ryan "Leaf" Mullet is not an answer to the Whos Next question

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    McElroy should start. He probably fits Rex's don't F up system better. Tebow is just a cluster F and should just be deactivated, no more GD wildcat BS just keep him in street clothes the rest of the way out and ditch him offseason.
    Agreed. They could commit to the running game w Mcelroy's smarts....he will make good decisions, throw the ball away when nothing there, etc...Pennington with a stronge arm.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Because that's really going to help your cause, lol.

    Sanchez 2011: 56.7 cmp%, 3,747 passing yds, 26 TD/18 INT, 217.1 YPG, 33.62 QBR.
    Tebow 2011: 46.5 cmp%, 1,729 passing yds, 12 TD/6 INT, 123.5 YPG, 29.91 QBR.

    Interesting.

    You've seen this happen enough times McG, I'm kind of surprised you're going down this road.

    I'll bust out Excel when I get back from a client site.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    You've seen this happen enough times McG, I'm kind of surprised you're going down this road.

    I'll bust out Excel when I get back from a client site.
    Cherry-picking stats that your agenda means nothing, lol. Your boy is terrible, and we all know that. No shame in accepting it, mate.

    I already laid out simple stats that show you Tim Tebow. He's not good, lol. Trying to say "BUT BUT BUT HE'S BETTER THAN SANCHEZ DOE!1!!" isn't helping your cause, either.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-04-2012 at 02:35 PM.

  20. #80
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,114
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Per CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, Jets head coach Rex Ryan is "leaning to" starting Greg McElroy at quarterback over Mark Sanchez in Week 14 at Jacksonville.
    One source called it 65-35 that McElroy would be under center against the Jaguars, and Gang Green's coaching staff liked the "improved pace and verve" of the offense in the roughly 20 minutes of game time with McElroy in. Ryan is set to meet with GM Mike Tannenbaum on Monday night to discuss the matter. McElroy is certainly not the long-term answer in New York, but he gave the team a definite boost. Tim Tebow is not considered a candidate for the job. Sanchez is due $8.25 million in guarantees in 2013, so he's likely not going anywhere. We'll have plenty of updates on the situation throughout the week. McElroy would not be a fantasy option.

    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...mcelroy-at-jax
    And here lies the biggest problem with the New York Jets, "Ryan is set to meet with GM Mike Tannenbaum on Monday night to discuss the matter".

    A GM's job is to go out and negotiate to get the best possible talent he can, with influence from the head coach and with the tools and guidelines set forth by the league and team president. once that is done, it is the head coaches team. The head coach is to take that team and find a way to win games, why does he need to consult anyone, the end decision should be his and no one elseís. I have managed Baseball for a very long time, I will be dammed if I have to pass my line-up through the league and owner, the day that happens I quit

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us