Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: Who do you start at QB going forward

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mark Sanchez

14 7.69%
  • Tim Tebow

21 11.54%
  • Greg McElroy

147 80.77%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: THE GREAT DEBATE! Who do you start at QB next week

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the jets have one of the worst RTs in the nfl. it's a huge problem if you're going to change all of a sudden to a lefty qb. it's one thing if you draft a lefty and build the line to protect that guy's blind side. but now you have dbrick who would be far less valuable if tebow starts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    And here lies the biggest problem with the New York Jets, "Ryan is set to meet with GM Mike Tannenbaum on Monday night to discuss the matter".

A GM's job is to go out and negotiate to get the best possible talent he can, with influence from the head coach and with the tools and guidelines set forth by the league and team president. once that is done, it is the head coaches team. The head coach is to take that team and find a way to win games, why does he need to consult anyone, the end decision should be his and no one else’s. I have managed Baseball for a very long time, I will be dammed if I have to pass my line-up through the league and owner, the day that happens I quit
    Different structure. In the NFL, you have a "head COACH", in the MLB, you have other coaches, but head guy is the "Manager".

GMs in the NFL wield a lot of power if they so choose.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Cherry-picking stats that your agenda means nothing, lol. Your boy is terrible, and we all know that. No shame in accepting it, mate.

I already laid out simple stats that show you Tim Tebow. He's not good, lol. Trying to say "BUT BUT BUT HE'S BETTER THAN SANCHEZ DOE!1!!" isn't helping your cause, either.
    Stats won't be cherry picked. They'll be from his first 15 NFL starts, but will include his rushing totals as well, as that is part of his game AND it's game time PRODUCTION. That is, unless you want to argue that a 5 yard pass from Sanchez is somehow more productive than a 9 yard rush from Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am awaiting a brutal beatdown from WWE Champion Demos. My ass is ready. Be gentle.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Stats won't be cherry picked. They'll be from his first 15 NFL starts, but will include his rushing totals as well, as that is part of his game AND it's game time PRODUCTION. That is, unless you want to argue that a 5 yard pass from Sanchez is somehow more productive than a 9 yard rush from Tebow.
    Leave it at basic QB ****. Sanchez doesn't rush, so it's kinda unfair to include Tim's rushing stats.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leave it at basic QB ****. Sanchez doesn't rush, so it's kinda unfair to include Tim's rushing stats.
    Silly to leave it at "basic QB ****", by which you mean passing. What it measures is a QBs productivity. A 9 yard run by Tebow is just as effective as a 5 yard pass from Sanchez.

In his 1st 15 games, Tebow was 172 of 362 for 47.51%, 2618 yds, 17 TDs, 9 Ints PLUS 156 rushes for 872 yards and 9 TDs.

Tebow's total for 15 games, 3490 yards and 26 TDs.
    Sanchez's total for 15 games, 2550 yards and 15 TDs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Silly to leave it at "basic QB ****", by which you mean passing. What it measures is a QBs productivity. A 9 yard run by Tebow is just as effective as a 5 yard pass from Sanchez.

In his 1st 15 games, Tebow was 172 of 362 for 47.51%, 2618 yds, 17 TDs, 9 Ints PLUS 156 rushes for 872 yards and 9 TDs.

Tebow's total for 15 games, 3490 yards and 26 TDs.
    Sanchez's total for 15 games, 2550 yards and 15 TDs.
    Or, you take the stats from the same time frame to more accurately show where they were both at at that point int time. So, take mark's stats from when Tim first started (I believe was around the end of 2010) to his last regular season start. Adjusting the time frames of their starts is silly, lol.

Or, instead of doing that, we go straight from 2011 (what I did) where Tim had most of his starts. Of course, you won't do this because it reflects negatively on Tim (all while not reflecting positively on Sanchez, I might add).

I've seen all your stats and all your cherry-picking/adjusting, so I know how you work, Demos. This is nothing new to me. Plain and simple truth is that your biased, so the debate will never please everyone.

Also, stick to basic QB **** because it evens the playing field. Sanchez has virtually no rushing attempts, so padding Tim's stats by adding in his rushing stats isn't fair.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No brainer. At least McElroy has a live arm and some zip on the ball and he seems several billion neurons smarter than Tebow. Hey, if they showcase him, maybe he's be trade bait along with the other two. Personally, I'm ready to see a complete house-cleaning at QB, unless McElroy shows himself to be a steady #2...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's only one answer: Greg McElroy.

To choose either of the other two options would be foolish.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    There's only one answer: Greg McElroy.

To choose either of the other two options would be foolish.
    Looking forward eagerly to Greg's ascension being announced tomorrow

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Looking forward eagerly to Greg's ascension being announced tomorrow

too early to predict a McElroy JETS superbowl?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We all know deep down Rex will pick Sanchez. He always does.......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he picks mcelroy, Tanny is done as gm in new york. Yes, he is probably done anyways, but that move right there sticks a fork in him 4 weeks early.

McElroy should have been named the starter immediately after the game, Monday at the latest. The fact that rex hasnt announced this yet means he is going back to mark.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    We all know deep down Rex will pick Sanchez. He always does.......
    It's an away game too, so it will be easy for him to start Sanchez.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    too early to predict a McElroy JETS superbowl?
    Why not

That's the difference between you and I.

I'm a Jet fan

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or, you take the stats from the same time frame to more accurately show where they were both at at that point int time. So, take mark's stats from when Tim first started (I believe was around the end of 2010) to his last regular season start. Adjusting the time frames of their starts is silly, lol.

Or, instead of doing that, we go straight from 2011 (what I did) where Tim had most of his starts. Of course, you won't do this because it reflects negatively on Tim (all while not reflecting positively on Sanchez, I might add).

I've seen all your stats and all your cherry-picking/adjusting, so I know how you work, Demos. This is nothing new to me. Plain and simple truth is that your biased, so the debate will never please everyone.

Also, stick to basic QB **** because it evens the playing field. Sanchez has virtually no rushing attempts, so padding Tim's stats by adding in his rushing stats isn't fair.
    The closest and best comparison is looking at each QBs first 15 starts. If you go with 2010, then that's putting 15 games worth of experience under Sanchez's belt and then comparing him to someone making their very first starts.

It's even more of an advantage to Sanchez to use 2011, as by then, he already had 31 regular season starts to his name, and Tebow had a whopping 3 starts. So, that's comparing a third year starter to a guy who is little more than a rookie as far as experience goes.

But, WTF, why the hell not.

We will compare Mark Sanchez's productivity in his THIRD year as a QB in the NFL, after having already had 30 regular season starts and 6 starts in playoff games. That would be his 37th - 52nd start against Tim Tebow, (that guy who completely sucks and isn't an NFL QB, in his FIRST 15 starts in the NFL

Mark Sanchez:
    580 attempts (pass attempts and rushes)
    3577 combined yards
    18 INTs
    32 TDs.

Tim Tebow
    518 attempts (pass attempts and rushes)
    3490 yards
    9 INTs
    26 TDs

So how is it that a guy that supposedly sucks and isn't a real NFL QB put up comparable numbers in HIS FIRST 15 NFL STARTS as Mark Sanchez did in his THIRD FREAKING YEAR AS A STARTER, after already having 30+ NFL starts under his belt ??

And once again, No, it is NOT padding Tebow's stats by adding his rushing attempts. What part of this do you not understand ? The QB's job is to move the team down the field. Doesn't matter if he does it with a 5 yard pass like Sanchez, or an 8 yard run. Sanchez stands back in the pocket, sees no one open, dumps it off to LT or some other outlet instead of taking a sack. Those yards go on his totals. Tebow sees no one open, so he runs for 9 yards. Those yards should go on his totals, which is why I included them.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The closest and best comparison is looking at each QBs first 15 starts. If you go with 2010, then that's putting 15 games worth of experience under Sanchez's belt and then comparing him to someone making their very first starts.

It's even more of an advantage to Sanchez to use 2011, as by then, he already had 31 regular season starts to his name, and Tebow had a whopping 3 starts. So, that's comparing a third year starter to a guy who is little more than a rookie as far as experience goes.

But, WTF, why the hell not.

We will compare Mark Sanchez's productivity in his THIRD year as a QB in the NFL, after having already had 30 regular season starts and 6 starts in playoff games. That would be his 37th - 52nd start against Tim Tebow, (that guy who completely sucks and isn't an NFL QB, in his FIRST 15 starts in the NFL

Mark Sanchez:
    580 attempts (pass attempts and rushes)
    3577 combined yards
    18 INTs
    32 TDs.

Tim Tebow
    518 attempts (pass attempts and rushes)
    3490 yards
    9 INTs
    26 TDs

So how is it that a guy that supposedly sucks and isn't a real NFL QB put up comparable numbers in HIS FIRST 15 NFL STARTS as Mark Sanchez did in his THIRD FREAKING YEAR AS A STARTER, after already having 30+ NFL starts under his belt ??

And once again, No, it is NOT padding Tebow's stats by adding his rushing attempts. What part of this do you not understand ? The QB's job is to move the team down the field. Doesn't matter if he does it with a 5 yard pass like Sanchez, or an 8 yard run. Sanchez stands back in the pocket, sees no one open, dumps it off to LT or some other outlet instead of taking a sack. Those yards go on his totals. Tebow sees no one open, so he runs for 9 yards. Those yards should go on his totals, which is why I included them.
    Oh Demo, lovely and logical post. What was your Wonderlic score LOL? Great stats and spot-on interpretation of them. I admire you for trying, even though you know it's futile. Apparently Jets fans are swayed by their emotions instead of by the facts. I saw one earlier today with his finger and his thumb in the shape of an L on his forehead.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Oh Demo, lovely and logical post. What was your Wonderlic score LOL? Great stats and spot-on interpretation of them. I admire you for trying, even though you know it's futile. Apparently Jets fans are swayed by their emotions instead of by the facts. I saw one earlier today with his finger and his thumb in the shape of an L on his forehead.
    Interesting that you put yourself and demos outside of the group of Jets fans. Hmm...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting that you put yourself and demos outside of the group of Jets fans. Hmm...
    Yeah, maybe cuz you're the only person on the board who makes me feel like I belong.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Yeah, maybe cuz you're the only person on the board who makes me feel like I belong.
    Meh. I don't really mind WHY a person came here. As long as they're here even if that reason leaves, there's no reason to make them outcasts. You I have more faith in, but my man Demos............egh, I really hope he stays when Tim is gone. I'd hate him to end up being a solely Tebow fan.