Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of the Mark Sanchez era

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

End of the Mark Sanchez era

Finally, thankfully, mercifully.

Do not go back to him Rex. It would be a lame move. Let McElroy audition to be the team's #2 long-term. He isn't the answer to start, but see if he can play. We know Sanchez can't.

More importantly, start taking a hard look at guys like Geno Smith and Matt Barkley. They are not surefire top 5 picks, they might be available mid-round. You have to consider taking a QB in the first round at this point.

Sorry, Mark, thanks but no thanks bro...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed McElroy should start next week, but if he plays bad, I leave the door slightly open for Sanchez to come back in and fight for his job back...at this point in the season, nobody should be a lock for the job.

Disagree about Barkley and Smith...I have seen nothing (especially from Barkley, since I'm a PAC-12 guy) to make me believe they're franchise QBs. Sure, if they fell a couple of rounds, you could take a flyer, but the Jets better not waste their 1st rd. pick on one of them.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rebuild. 7 th time they have done that since I have been a fan of them. **** em

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mcelroy should deffinetly be the starter for next week. Even on the few passes I saw from him he looked comfortable. Not scared like Sanchez always does.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post

Do not go back to him Rex. It would be a lame move. Let McElroy audition to be the team's #2 long-term. He isn't the answer to start, but see if he can play. We know Sanchez can't.

More importantly, start taking a hard look at guys like Geno Smith and Matt Barkley. They are not surefire top 5 picks, they might be available mid-round. You have to consider taking a QB in the first round at this point.

Sorry, Mark, thanks but no thanks bro...
    Sorry but the #2 gets the start next week and thats Tebow. McElroy should be the #2, that is correct. Two SEC QB's as #1 and #2 (Florida and Alabama) are much better then a USC QB, Sanchez proved that, and thats why Barkley is a NO!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by negcreep80 View Post
    Agreed McElroy should start next week, but if he plays bad, I leave the door slightly open for Sanchez to come back in and fight for his job back...at this point in the season, nobody should be a lock for the job.

Disagree about Barkley and Smith...I have seen nothing (especially from Barkley, since I'm a PAC-12 guy) to make me believe they're franchise QBs. Sure, if they fell a couple of rounds, you could take a flyer, but the Jets better not waste their 1st rd. pick on one of them.
    I think Smith is getting a raw deal. 40 TDs v. 6 INTs, 4000 yards, and 71% completion percentage. He played with literally a bottom 5 D in the country. He had a couple off games midseason, but the guy has the height, mobility, accuracy, and smarts that you want at the QB position. Bring him on board

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has ZERO confidence and it is completely evident in his body language. The whole team seems to notice as they were all rejuvenated when McElroy went in. Gmac was poised and made the right decisions (mostly). You have to stick with him vs. Jacksonville. Is McElroy "the answer"? Who knows, but he is the hot hand.

The Jets need to win all their games if they want to go to the playoffs (and probably will need some help). Do you close the door on Sanchez? I don't think so. Who knows ... maybe this is what he needed. He's never been benched. Maybe it lights a fire. I am sure he'll get another chance at some point this season. But for right now, I think McElroy should be under center.

OR .... it just another conspiracy cooked up to fill seats. Come watch the new guy!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    amen

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Sanchez has ZERO confidence and it is completely evident in his body language. The whole team seems to notice as they were all rejuvenated when McElroy went in. Gmac was poised and made the right decisions (mostly). You have to stick with him vs. Jacksonville. Is McElroy "the answer"? Who knows, but he is the hot hand.

The Jets need to win all their games if they want to go to the playoffs (and probably will need some help). Do you close the door on Sanchez? I don't think so. Who knows ... maybe this is what he needed. He's never been benched. Maybe it lights a fire. I am sure he'll get another chance at some point this season. But for right now, I think McElroy should be under center.

OR .... it just another conspiracy cooked up to fill seats. Come watch the new guy!!
    I agree. Play the kid. I don't know if the team should necessarily be thinking "playoffs" with their decision-making, but it's a tough balance because Rex has to balance his job security with what is best long-term for the team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Smith is getting a raw deal. 40 TDs v. 6 INTs, 4000 yards, and 71% completion percentage. He played with literally a bottom 5 D in the country. He had a couple off games midseason, but the guy has the height, mobility, accuracy, and smarts that you want at the QB position. Bring him on board
    I wouldn't mind getting Stedman Bailey. That dude is fast, can run great routes, can catch the ball and is crazy productive. Sign me up. but a post for another thread.

McElroy!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate to tell you but Sanchez will start next week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Invest picks and FA on the offense and have a real open competition in camp next year.

With a new GM/HC and offensive staff of course.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow should be put in ir for the rest of the year, mcElroy starts, Sanchez comes off the bench. Get teblow out of the equation. Also, don't play Greene until the 4 th q

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. Play the kid. I don't know if the team should necessarily be thinking "playoffs" with their decision-making, but it's a tough balance because Rex has to balance his job security with what is best long-term for the team.
    The team should ALWAYS play to win and do the best they can to win.

This whole idea about losing to move up a few drafts positions, to me, is ludicrous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not soon enough!

With Sanchez holding the clipboard,
    We CAN run the table.

Is it in the best long term interest to win out????

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    Not soon enough!

With Sanchez holding the clipboard,
    We CAN run the table.
    why was Tebow not on clipboard duty? is his handwriting that bad?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good question,
    Have to be in uniform?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, what exactly was Sanchez furiously writing after every play? I'm curious...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Sanchez should be cut outright.

I would be totally fine with McElroy or Tebow starting the rest of the season.

If Rex starts Sanchez next week he better start updating his resume.

No HC worth a damn would start Sanchez the way he's played this season and to say that Sanchez gives us the best chance to win is total bullsh!t. Nobody in the Jets lockerroom believes that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    THIS. I'd bet the farm on this.