Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: End of the Mark Sanchez era

  1. #1

    End of the Mark Sanchez era

    Finally, thankfully, mercifully.

    Do not go back to him Rex. It would be a lame move. Let McElroy audition to be the team's #2 long-term. He isn't the answer to start, but see if he can play. We know Sanchez can't.

    More importantly, start taking a hard look at guys like Geno Smith and Matt Barkley. They are not surefire top 5 picks, they might be available mid-round. You have to consider taking a QB in the first round at this point.

    Sorry, Mark, thanks but no thanks bro...

  2. #2
    Agreed McElroy should start next week, but if he plays bad, I leave the door slightly open for Sanchez to come back in and fight for his job back...at this point in the season, nobody should be a lock for the job.

    Disagree about Barkley and Smith...I have seen nothing (especially from Barkley, since I'm a PAC-12 guy) to make me believe they're franchise QBs. Sure, if they fell a couple of rounds, you could take a flyer, but the Jets better not waste their 1st rd. pick on one of them.

  3. #3
    Rebuild. 7 th time they have done that since I have been a fan of them. **** em

  4. #4
    Mcelroy should deffinetly be the starter for next week. Even on the few passes I saw from him he looked comfortable. Not scared like Sanchez always does.

  5. #5
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Finally, thankfully, mercifully.

    Do not go back to him Rex. It would be a lame move. Let McElroy audition to be the team's #2 long-term. He isn't the answer to start, but see if he can play. We know Sanchez can't.

    More importantly, start taking a hard look at guys like Geno Smith and Matt Barkley. They are not surefire top 5 picks, they might be available mid-round. You have to consider taking a QB in the first round at this point.

    Sorry, Mark, thanks but no thanks bro...
    Sorry but the #2 gets the start next week and thats Tebow. McElroy should be the #2, that is correct. Two SEC QB's as #1 and #2 (Florida and Alabama) are much better then a USC QB, Sanchez proved that, and thats why Barkley is a NO!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by negcreep80 View Post
    Agreed McElroy should start next week, but if he plays bad, I leave the door slightly open for Sanchez to come back in and fight for his job back...at this point in the season, nobody should be a lock for the job.

    Disagree about Barkley and Smith...I have seen nothing (especially from Barkley, since I'm a PAC-12 guy) to make me believe they're franchise QBs. Sure, if they fell a couple of rounds, you could take a flyer, but the Jets better not waste their 1st rd. pick on one of them.
    I think Smith is getting a raw deal. 40 TDs v. 6 INTs, 4000 yards, and 71% completion percentage. He played with literally a bottom 5 D in the country. He had a couple off games midseason, but the guy has the height, mobility, accuracy, and smarts that you want at the QB position. Bring him on board

  7. #7
    Sanchez has ZERO confidence and it is completely evident in his body language. The whole team seems to notice as they were all rejuvenated when McElroy went in. Gmac was poised and made the right decisions (mostly). You have to stick with him vs. Jacksonville. Is McElroy "the answer"? Who knows, but he is the hot hand.

    The Jets need to win all their games if they want to go to the playoffs (and probably will need some help). Do you close the door on Sanchez? I don't think so. Who knows ... maybe this is what he needed. He's never been benched. Maybe it lights a fire. I am sure he'll get another chance at some point this season. But for right now, I think McElroy should be under center.

    OR .... it just another conspiracy cooked up to fill seats. Come watch the new guy!!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Finally, thankfully, mercifully.
    amen

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Sanchez has ZERO confidence and it is completely evident in his body language. The whole team seems to notice as they were all rejuvenated when McElroy went in. Gmac was poised and made the right decisions (mostly). You have to stick with him vs. Jacksonville. Is McElroy "the answer"? Who knows, but he is the hot hand.

    The Jets need to win all their games if they want to go to the playoffs (and probably will need some help). Do you close the door on Sanchez? I don't think so. Who knows ... maybe this is what he needed. He's never been benched. Maybe it lights a fire. I am sure he'll get another chance at some point this season. But for right now, I think McElroy should be under center.

    OR .... it just another conspiracy cooked up to fill seats. Come watch the new guy!!
    I agree. Play the kid. I don't know if the team should necessarily be thinking "playoffs" with their decision-making, but it's a tough balance because Rex has to balance his job security with what is best long-term for the team.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I think Smith is getting a raw deal. 40 TDs v. 6 INTs, 4000 yards, and 71% completion percentage. He played with literally a bottom 5 D in the country. He had a couple off games midseason, but the guy has the height, mobility, accuracy, and smarts that you want at the QB position. Bring him on board
    I wouldn't mind getting Stedman Bailey. That dude is fast, can run great routes, can catch the ball and is crazy productive. Sign me up. but a post for another thread.

    McElroy!

  11. #11
    Hate to tell you but Sanchez will start next week.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,844
    Invest picks and FA on the offense and have a real open competition in camp next year.

    With a new GM/HC and offensive staff of course.

  13. #13
    Tebow should be put in ir for the rest of the year, mcElroy starts, Sanchez comes off the bench. Get teblow out of the equation. Also, don't play Greene until the 4 th q

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I agree. Play the kid. I don't know if the team should necessarily be thinking "playoffs" with their decision-making, but it's a tough balance because Rex has to balance his job security with what is best long-term for the team.
    The team should ALWAYS play to win and do the best they can to win.

    This whole idea about losing to move up a few drafts positions, to me, is ludicrous.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cutchogue
    Posts
    2,115
    Not soon enough!

    With Sanchez holding the clipboard,
    We CAN run the table.

    Is it in the best long term interest to win out????

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    Not soon enough!

    With Sanchez holding the clipboard,
    We CAN run the table.
    why was Tebow not on clipboard duty? is his handwriting that bad?

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cutchogue
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    why was Tebow not on clipboard duty? is his handwriting that bad?
    Good question,
    Have to be in uniform?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    why was Tebow not on clipboard duty? is his handwriting that bad?
    Yeah, what exactly was Sanchez furiously writing after every play? I'm curious...

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,575
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Hate to tell you but Sanchez will start next week.
    Sanchez should be cut outright.

    I would be totally fine with McElroy or Tebow starting the rest of the season.

    If Rex starts Sanchez next week he better start updating his resume.

    No HC worth a damn would start Sanchez the way he's played this season and to say that Sanchez gives us the best chance to win is total bullsh!t. Nobody in the Jets lockerroom believes that.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Hate to tell you but Sanchez will start next week.
    THIS. I'd bet the farm on this.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us