Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offensive Gameplan

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    To be honest, I just think the players gave a better effort for McElroy. We run a lot of counters and pull our Guards a lot (I always complain about Slauson and Ducasse pulling and not blocking anybody, LOL). Greene bounced one outside but that was a "vanilla" running play. I am not sure it was anything more than that. Besides it was only 4 drives, hard to be conclusive with such a small sample size.
    +1

The players suddenly got a giddy up in their step when McElroy came in. Today was simply ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION. The players were as happy as they were relieved that Sanchez was finally out. They KNEW at that point that they had a chance to win the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I don't know enough about QBing to be sure but is it possible that McElroy has different ball fakes than Sanchez? I know QBs are taught to "sell" their fakes and to do it certain ways on different plays but maybe the Jets give the QBs some leeway in their style.

If anything I would think that the playbook would be simplified, or in Sparano-speak "vanilla", for McElroy.

Football is an emotional game. I just think we got a spark from McElroy today. We have seen this happen before with Vinny and Penny.
    Don't think they were different ball fakes. I deleted the game already, so it's hard for me to describe what I saw. Basically though, he would open up to one side with the ball and fake to the first back then pivot the other way and switch hands to give the ball to the other back. I suppose it was some sort of counter or ISO, perhaps a 2 back winder/flexbone, but without seeing the initial formation and the way it was blocked up, I can't really commit. I can say I have never seen Sanchez do this, however.

Veteran
    I don't care who the QB is, SPARANO play calling has stunk all year. All our formations look the same and we continue to run the same plays when #63 IS ELIGIBLE for half the game.

jetwork clearly saw what i saw a complete change in run plays called yes there was more zip in there step as the crowd got into it and the team had some positive plays. its seems to me those runs were there all day we kept getting 5 yrds and two incompletions. i know he is in his 4th year but anyone can see his struggling so why not try to pound it and make them stop us. its always easier to find room to throw when everyone is taking a step foward on the snap to stop the run sad day for mark. great day for greg i hope he has many more and gives us the spark we need and end up with a winning season

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    jetwork clearly saw what i saw a complete change in run plays called yes there was more zip in there step as the crowd got into it and the team had some positive plays. its seems to me those runs were there all day we kept getting 5 yrds and two incompletions. i know he is in his 4th year but anyone can see his struggling so why not try to pound it and make them stop us. its always easier to find room to throw when everyone is taking a step foward on the snap to stop the run sad day for mark. great day for greg i hope he has many more and gives us the spark we need and end up with a winning season
    This

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2