View Poll Results: How long till we call for his head.

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • first INT

7 87.50%
  • next Inc pass

0 0%
  • first sack

0 0%
  • first fumble

1 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long till this board starts calling for McElroys head?

How long till this board starts calling for McElroys head?

First pick or first incomplete pass?

All Pro
    NEXT SEASON AFTER AN 0-1 START

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    hopefully nowhere near as long as they waited with the dirty dirty

It already happened. As soon as he threw the ball away on a 3rd down when no one was open (AKA, DOING THE SMART THING), people were going "Wow, he's ****ing terrible".

You know how some fans are, man; if you're not HoF-bound after your first game, you're utter garbage and should be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It already happened. As soon as he threw the ball away on a 3rd down when no one was open (AKA, DOING THE SMART THING), people were going "Wow, he's ****ing terrible".

You know how some fans are, man; if you're not HoF-bound after your first game, you're utter garbage and should be shot.
    Hence why i started the poll....

How long 'till a rule is made that no one with less than 1,000 posts around here can post a new thread in order to prevent threads like this from occurring?

I mean....REALLY? The guy just made his debut and had a solid effort leading to a win.

Can we please give this guy A COUPLE OF GAMES *AT LEAST* before starting the "How long until....blahblahblah...negative thoughts...." threads begin?

Besides, those who complain like McGinley said just complain for the sake of complaining. That's all.

Hence why i started the poll....
    Pretty pathetic how cynical our fanbase is.

Whenever the media decides to make it a talking point... the masses will follow.

Hall Of Fame
    Mods.

I don't usually ask for intervention but how many threads that call out posters are going to be allowed?

Not to mention equating someone that has played one quarter versus someone that has made over 50 starts. Straight trollin.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    How long 'till a rule is made that no one with less than 1,000 posts around here can post a new thread in order to prevent threads like this from occurring?

I mean....REALLY? The guy just made his debut and had a solid effort leading to a win.

Can we please give this guy A COUPLE OF GAMES *AT LEAST* before starting the "How long until....blahblahblah...negative thoughts...." threads begin?

Besides, those who complain like McGinley said just complain for the sake of complaining. That's all.
    pretty sure it's a joke dude.

but what do I know, I have less than 1,000 posts.

I think everyone has realistic expectations about McElroy and the Brady comparisons are only coming from a few corners even on here: Mac's a very smart guy with a below average arm who should do a lot to help morale around the team just by being given his fair chance.

They won't call for his head at all this season. Despite what you may think, Jets fans are not unreasonable. They just wanted something to look forward to. Now, they have that.

The poll wasn't to start crapping on him it was to joke on the fact that jets fans are never satisfied with a quarterback. No matter who it is it's only a matter of time before they're calling for the backup. So now we have McElroy. A smart dude with a winning history but the knock on him is arm strength. Welcome to Pennington 2.0. Fans were calling for his head after about 3 years. He was the best we had in the past 20 years.

Never because we will likely never see him play again. For the same reason you still see Greene out there taking 24 carries, Scott covering on 3rd downs, and Pace "run blocking". They just will not change because that would be admitting they where wrong.

All Pro
    It won't happen this season. The rest of the season is too easy. I thought Mark would get benched just in time for the next guy to take over and be hailed as the savior of the team, just didn't think it would be McElroy.

I don't believe people will call for his head simply because I don't think anyone expects him to be the long-term answer.

He just happens to be the best QB on their roster right now, but isn't the franchise.

Maybe he sparks them and they run the table....still a long shot, but a much better chance than Sanchez or Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    The poll wasn't to start crapping on him it was to joke on the fact that jets fans are never satisfied with a quarterback. No matter who it is it's only a matter of time before they're calling for the backup. So now we have McElroy. A smart dude with a winning history but the knock on him is arm strength. Welcome to Pennington 2.0. Fans were calling for his head after about 3 years. He was the best we had in the past 20 years.
    This thread is about Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    pretty sure it's a joke dude.

but what do I know, I have less than 1,000 posts.
    Actually you know a lot.

You know better than to start threads like this so already you're smarter than the OP. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    They won't call for his head at all this season. Despite what you may think, Jets fans are not unreasonable. They just wanted something to look forward to. Now, they have that.
    I agree. I haven't been watching the games this year that much because I didn't want to get majorly depressed in the team. Now, I am actually looking forward to next week.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This thread is about Sanchez.
    Huh?