Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rex pulled sanchez for mcelroy why not tebow?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Tebow is not a good QB and Rex knows that. That's why he waited until today to bench Sanchez.
    Exactly.

As much of a Moron that Rex is, he at least recognizes that replacing the Suck that is Sanchez for the "Blow" that is Teblow isn't the way to go.

And Greg is going to make Rex look good for his decision in the coming weeks if Rex decides to go the entire way with Greg as his QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Sanchez has won four playoff games... I'm not so sure that is the stat you want to throw out there to prove Tebow is a legit QB since we all know Sanchez isn't!!!
    Let's also not forget that Sanchez is 1-0 against New England in the postseason while teblow is 0-1.

What a great day that was to be a Jets fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Pretty simple answer, GMC

TEBLOW SUCKS

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I guess this GMC fellow doesn't read Jets reports. If he did, he'd know that Tim is injured. And if he watched him play, he'd know that Tim sucks.

Jets Insider VIP
    For the 18th time GMC, there are only two individuals in the nfl who think Tebow is a starting qb. One is the pats oc and the other is an awful color commentator on MNF. Stop spamming the board.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    oh stop whiner im not gmc......... im talking weeks ago pal.
    Tebow sucked weeks ago too.

All League
    really he led denver to the playoffs in 2011 and actually won a playoff game.
    The defense won all those games. Plus, Denver had a great running game that complemented what Tebow has to offer. The Jets have S. Greene who is mediocre at best.

Talking TEBOW NEEDS SPECIALIZED OFFENSE DESIGNED JUST FOR HIM

really he led denver to the playoffs in 2011 and actually won a playoff game.
    ...THE problem with putting Tebow in as starter is that he NEEDs a specialized offense geared to work with his skills a runner, option guy, etc. Sparano would have to overhaul the entire offense; the timing would be off, THERE WOULD be multiple mistakes like you can't imagine: missed blocks, players going the wrong routes, etc. McElroy can run the Sparano offense, like a Chad Pennington - type player.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    The defense won all those games. Plus, Denver had a great running game that complemented what Tebow has to offer. The Jets have S. Greene who is mediocre at best.
    i remember him tossing a td pass to beat pittsburgh in overtime in the playoffs?

tebow could have been succesful here this season. our defense was tired game after game with sanchez 3 and outs or continual turnovers.

offense/defense last time i checked all work together to win games.

Jets Insider VIP
    If tebow started from week 1 and ran the option offense that denver ran last year, we would be 7-5 right now and in the hunt for a playoff spot.

That my friends is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    He's about to join Sanchez on the bench. I don't know how many more weeks Powell needs to outplay him before taking over the lead back role.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If tebow started from week 1 and ran the option offense that denver ran last year, we would be 7-5 right now and in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Doubtful.

And that option (no pun intended) was never on the table.

agreed. tebow would have put the ball away and ran instead of tossing ints.

Rex never went to Tebow because he never wanted Tebow on the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sadly, tebow will not be on the jets next year. And unless some team gives him a starting gig, im not sure he will be on an nfl team.

Tebow cant backup a crappy qb because there is too much controversy.

and tebow cant backup a good qb because he cant run that offense.

agreed. tebow would have put the ball away and ran instead of tossing ints.
    yes, he's done a stellar job running the football this year.

oh what a missed opportunity

You may be right. People seem to be blind to the fact he did put up yards in Denver just not all of them was in the air. Tebow would have fared better in a few games IMO. I hate one play guys but that is better then no plays. It may look ugly but Tebow can make plays happen and also improves the run game greatly. Denvers run game averaged like 164 yards last year that is down to 103 this year. We could actually pull off that ground and pound everyone here talks about. He is the perfect fit for that philosophy. We don't have a gun slinger on the roster sorry that is just reality. We have the tools just not the carpenter.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Tebow is not a good QB and Rex knows that. That's why he waited until today to bench Sanchez.
    Rex is not a good coach so he has no ability to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Rex is not a good coach so he has no ability to know that.
    Want you don't think he was waiting on Tebow to get injured on his 4 plays a game to bring in the savor? Seriously people are giving Rex way too much credit right now. The guy either has the brain of Lex Luther or just doesn't think a whole lot of either BU.

This thread title- SMH. He was inactive and thankfully so, because it would have been a travesty if Sanchez (as awful as he was) was benched for him.