Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: New Story: Kerry Rhodes' 'Hollywood' Return to New York

  1. #1

    Post New Story: Kerry Rhodes' 'Hollywood' Return to New York

    EX-JET BURNS TEAM IN A SCRIPTED FASHION WITH TREMENDOUS INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE

    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Called the "Hollywood type" and a "selfish-ass guy" by Rex Ryan in his 2011 book, Play Like You Mean It, Kerry Rhodes lived up to those labels -- in all the right ways.

    He 'selfishly' picked off Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez twice and forced a fumble on running back Khalil Bell in his first game against the team that drafted him in the fourth round. He did so in a 'Hollywood'-like way, intercepting Sanchez's first pass on their very first play from scrimmage -- a...

    More...

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by JI BREAKING NEWS TICKER View Post
    EX-JET BURNS TEAM IN A SCRIPTED FASHION WITH TREMENDOUS INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE

    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Called the "Hollywood type" and a "selfish-ass guy" by Rex Ryan in his 2011 book, Play Like You Mean It, Kerry Rhodes lived up to those labels -- in all the right ways.

    He 'selfishly' picked off Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez twice and forced a fumble on running back Khalil Bell in his first game against the team that drafted him in the fourth round. He did so in a 'Hollywood'-like way, intercepting Sanchez's first pass on their very first play from scrimmage -- a...

    More...
    Damn what a terrible trade we made when we traded this guy away. We have these cancers like santonio and we make him a team captain. Yet Kerry was sent packing for very little. Rex still has half his team talking crap....it seems like most of the team thinks they are better then they really are

    Having a big, tall fast safety might come in handy facing gronkowski monster these next few years. (Yes Arizona beat New England).

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Damn what a terrible trade we made when we traded this guy away. We have these cancers like santonio and we make him a team captain. Yet Kerry was sent packing for very little. Rex still has half his team talking crap....it seems like most of the team thinks they are better then they really are

    Having a big, tall fast safety might come in handy facing gronkowski monster these next few years. (Yes Arizona beat New England).
    Sheery can run with Gronk, but if Gronk caught the ball, no way Sherry tries to tackle him. Good riddance. Our safeties could pick off the crap Suckhize throws up.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,242
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Damn what a terrible trade we made when we traded this guy away. We have these cancers like santonio and we make him a team captain. Yet Kerry was sent packing for very little. Rex still has half his team talking crap....it seems like most of the team thinks they are better then they really are

    Having a big, tall fast safety might come in handy facing gronkowski monster these next few years. (Yes Arizona beat New England).
    At the start of the 2009 training camp, Rex stripped Rhodes of his playcalling duties and gave them to Jim Leonhard. This is was the beginning of the end for Kerry in NY. I know Rex wanted a guy familiar with his defense to QB it, but this was a big slap in the face for KR and the relationship deteriorated to the point where they took a 4th rounder for him. I hated it then, and I hate it even more now.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    At the start of the 2009 training camp, Rex stripped Rhodes of his playcalling duties and gave them to Jim Leonhard. This is was the beginning of the end for Kerry in NY. I know Rex wanted a guy familiar with his defense to QB it, but this was a big slap in the face for KR and the relationship deteriorated to the point where they took a 4th rounder for him. I hated it then, and I hate it even more now.
    It was a cluster f*** by Mr. Ego himself! Guys like Rhodes are rare in the league (Big fast Safety who can actually cover) and the honest truth is we still haven't replaced him at FS. Rex didn't do what was best for the team, he made a selfish move.

  6. #6

    Talking REX MAKES POOR CHOICES ON PERSONNEL

    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    It was a cluster f*** by Mr. Ego himself! Guys like Rhodes are rare in the league (Big fast Safety who can actually cover) and the honest truth is we still haven't replaced him at FS. Rex didn't do what was best for the team, he made a selfish move.
    I would agree with this. Rhodes was a real find in the draft for us, and tho' he muffed on some tackles.... SO DO many other defensive players like Bart Scott and the sainted Jim Leonard. The fact is REX wanted his favorites from his Baltimore days to have a dominant role--- despite what was best for the team. I also think rex ruined Sanchez... but thats another story for another day.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us