Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 97

Thread: Stephen Hill today

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Stephen Hill today

    Lost in the McElroy-mania, Hill had a good game today. He caught almost all of his targets with his hands rather than his body and attacked the ball.

    Good to see improvement from the 21 year old.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is raw and needs an off-season to develop...

    He does not get off the line well right now and needs work on his route running but it was nice to see him make some good catches today and get things moving in the right direction...

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lmao I saw a bunch of hands catches today.. Yet some posters here that's something u can't work on lmao

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Lost in the McElroy-mania, Hill had a good game today. He caught almost all of his targets with his hands rather than his body and attacked the ball.

    Good to see improvement from the 21 year old.
    Agree 100%. In fact, it is probably our best reason for future optimism - yes even more than GMac's appearance.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    He is raw and needs an off-season to develop...

    He does not get off the line well right now and needs work on his route running but it was nice to see him make some good catches today and get things moving in the right direction...
    But even with that said, it's obvious this kid has got serious ability. He always gets open. He's extremely quick and deceivingly fast. If he starts catching the ball consistently, we are going to have a very good WR.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,519
    Post Thanks / Like
    He caught 3 balls with his hands today. It was nice to see that. You can tell that it isn't natural for him and that he has gotten into the habit of using his body. And he does jump when he doesn't have to.

    The mental mistakes are to be expected. He was basically a blocker in college who ran an occasional 9 route. He seems like a bright kid and a hard worker so I am sure that it is only a matter of time before he understand the offense and learns to make sight adjustments based on the defense.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Lmao I saw a bunch of hands catches today.. Yet some posters here that's something u can't work on lmao
    Some posters here are very dumb.

    Hill is a work in progress and the good news is his potential is unlimited if he keeps working hard.

  8. #8
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    My sopne was the sole wearer of a Hill jersey that I could see today, so it was nice to see the kid(Hill) show up.

    -

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,519
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Lmao I saw a bunch of hands catches today.. Yet some posters here that's something u can't work on lmao
    There is a difference between working on using your hands and having good hands.

    That is what most of us were questioning. If you got stone hands it doesn't matter if you use them or not.

    I have to admit watching him reach his hands out to snatch that first pass brought a smile to my face. And then the replay made it look even better with the close-up of his hands.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    But even with that said, it's obvious this kid has got serious ability. He always gets open. He's extremely quick and deceivingly fast. If he starts catching the ball consistently, we are going to have a very good WR.
    I agree and just hope a coaching staff can develop him... I would like to see him get open more on slants and recognize blitz better but that is being a little unrealistic for a raw 1st year player... I really hope he turns into a Al Toon type who can also go deep for us...

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    There is a difference between working on using your hands and having good hands.

    That is what most of us were questioning. If you got stone hands it doesn't matter if you use them or not.

    I have to admit watching him reach his hands out to snatch that first pass brought a smile to my face. And then the replay made it look even better with the close-up of his hands.
    not necessarily. look at braylon's 2009 vs. his 2010 season.

    couldn't catch a cold that first year. caught everything the next.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,519
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    not necessarily. look at braylon's 2009 vs. his 2010 season.

    couldn't catch a cold that first year. caught everything the next.
    Braylon had good hands in college. I think it was a mental thing for him in the pros. He first developed the dropsies in Cleveland.

    I think Hill might end up having good hands but we can't find that out unless he uses them. Today was a step in the right direction as far as I am concerned. Even better is the fact that Rex said he called him out in front of the team, telling him he needs to step it up. It is nice to see a young player be up to the challenge.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    He looks incredibly awkward. Speed doesnt translate in pads at all. Jumps on catches for no reason. Watched him a lot today....cant beat press. He stinks tbh.

  14. #14
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like

    remember keyshawn.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Lost in the McElroy-mania, Hill had a good game today. He caught almost all of his targets with his hands rather than his body and attacked the ball.

    Good to see improvement from the 21 year old.


    when he first came in the league he was a body catcher too, and he turned out ok, you have to coach these guy up, that's the problem here.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,756
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt39 View Post
    He looks incredibly awkward. Speed doesnt translate in pads at all. Jumps on catches for no reason. Watched him a lot today....cant beat press. He stinks tbh.
    I have no problem with the jumping at times as he knows how to use that big body...liked his hands today

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see the gradual improvement of Hill.....

    IT'S SOMETHING, at least.....

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hill had a good game?

    Is this a joke? What universe do you people live in?

    McElroy mania? WTF are you talking about? 7 pass attempts for 29 yards and this is a mania?

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, the kid was running the wrong routes out there yet he had a good day with 40 yards receiving because he didn't drop every pass thrown his way?

    Come on.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Are you purposely being annoying?




    The Kid is 21 years old and raw. What we are looking for is IMPROVEMENT.

    You can debate what your definition of "improvement" is but understand that we all have a different take on what constitutes that.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    ^ Are you purposely being annoying?




    The Kid is 21 years old and raw. What we are looking for is IMPROVEMENT.

    You can debate what your definition of "improvement" is but understand that we all have a different take on what constitutes that.
    No. I'm serious. This kid sucks. WTF is wrong with you people?

    This has nothing to do with my belief that Tebow should start over McElroy. People just hate to hate and that's fine.

    But to say that Hill played a good game today... based on what? How HORRIBLE he's played all year? It's good for Stephen Hill and that's not saying much. He can't catch and he runs the wrong routes. He's another 2nd round bust pick by Tanny. Who drafts a WR that can't catch the football? Tanny and Rex do because Hill can "block".

    His route running sucks, his decision on what route to run is worse, his ability to catch the football is the worst part of his game.

    So if I think Hill sucks and he sucked today again I'm being annoying. How about people just having blind homerism about a player because they don't want to admit what they already know? The kid sucks. Period. End of story. He'd have to get better at every aspect of WR in order to even be worth the roster spot.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us