Jets go 4-0

AND

Either the Colts or the Steelers need to go 1-3

AND

The Bengals need to go 2-2 or worse

---------------------

Anyone think it's possible?

Count me in.

I've seen the Jets stumble down the stretch too many times, it can happen to any of those teams as well.

No.

Big Ben is back next week. That is a very very good football team that is light years better than us in all phases. They already proved that week 2.

We also have no QB. Stop with the playoff talk.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    No.

Big Ben is back next week. That is a very very good football team that is light years better than us in all phases. They already proved that week 2.

if you'd like to talk draft, i'd advise clicking the link up top.

the rest of us will continue to discuss the remaining 1/4th of the season. not next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    if you'd like to talk draft, i'd advise clicking the link up top.

the rest of us will continue to discuss the remaining 1/4th of the season. not next year.
    Next 4 weeks determines who is on the roster next season and where we pick in the draft. There is no value in them beyond that. This is a bad team. We trail good teams by multiple games, one of whom blew us out. It isn't happening. You're not Rex, you're not paid to motivate and talk up the team after a 7-6 win. Don't waste your breath

Next 4 weeks determines who is on the roster next season and where we pick in the draft. There is no value in them beyond that. This is a bad team. We trail good teams by multiple games, one of whom blew us out. It isn't happening. You're not Rex, you're not paid to motivate and talk up the team after a 7-6 win. Don't waste your breath
    I really wanted to see us lose 6-0. Just to watch Rex and Mark squirm at the podium.

As much as last week was a debacle. Today was a disgrace. Mark, Rex, Sparano, Tebow, and nearly everybody else should be put on the first bus out of town with a nice boxed lunch.

All League
    wont happen

No.

so what- if the colts lose 3 and the bengals lose 2- jets are in..

there's actually a very good chance here considering the steelers have the chargers, cowboys, bengals, browns those are not gimmi games...

colts get to face the texans twice titans and chiefs... they'll lose at least two.

bengals get the cowboys eagles steelers and ravens... they'll lose two.

Like I said. Link. Up top. Talk about next season and where we pick in the draft as much as your heart desires.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I really wanted to see us lose 6-0. Just to watch Rex and Mark squirm at the podium.

As much as last week was a debacle. Today was a disgrace. Mark, Rex, Sparano, Tebow, and nearly everybody else should be put on the first bus out of town with a nice boxed lunch.
    yeah!! I wanted to see my team lose too! Just so I could be a miserable **** and complain about them losing!

Stop watching football.

Jets will start Sanchez and lose next week to the Jaguars.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Jets need to put together a winning streak first. There is a better chance of the pope getting caught with a hooker than the Jets making the playoffs

What's funny is as bad of an organization as we are right now and how terrible our personnel is, occasionally we run into a team like today that is even worse off. Imagine having to watch a game with Ryan Lindley as your QB? Wow

Texans may have the 1 seed locked up by Week 15 which would give the Colts two easy games. I don't see us catching up to them if that occurs.

All Pro
    Bengals have Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, Ravens
    Steelers have Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals, Browns
    Colts have Titans, Texans, Chiefs, Texans

I don't see any way that the Steelers lose three of those four. More likely they win at least 3, IMHO. Chargers and Browns should be no contest.

So the Jets would need the Colts to lose to the Texans twice - which is possible if played at normal strength - and either the Titans or the Chiefs. I still don't see 3 losses there.

Bengals - only relevant if one of the above two happens, but I see them struggling down the stretch, with three opponents all still playing for the playoffs.

Just my opinion, but with the results elsewhere this weekend I think our slim hopes got so slim it's only a matter of when, not if, we're eliminated. Even if we win our next two, we could be out of it with two to go.

I'll still be watching the games as much as I can, rooting for wins and hoping to see improvements in play that we can carry over into 2013. Some people woudl rather we lose and get higher draft picks, I'd rather see signs of life and finish the year on a positive note - I think that can have a more important effect going into next year.

I wouldn't mind it at all, but I'm not holding my breath.

In all honesty, it would actually hinder us. I mean, even if we got into the playoffs we wouldn't be doing anything. We'd just be missing out on good draft position.

Either way, I can't root for us to lose, so what the hell.

Jets Insider VIP
    <enter Marv Levy stage left>

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Possible maybe,but doubtful we havent beat a decent team all year & barely get by the awful teams ,if we made the playoffs and had to face a quality team ,we would get crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    yeah!! I wanted to see my team lose too! Just so I could be a miserable **** and complain about them losing!

Stop watching football.
    Stop sucking on Woody and Rex' teats. Act like a man for once not a deluded schoolboy.

Go post on ISuckCoach/OwnerC0ck.com. Men are talking on JI.

What's funny is as bad of an organization as we are right now and how terrible our personnel is, occasionally we run into a team like today that is even worse off. Imagine having to watch a game with Ryan Lindley as your QB? Wow
    Explain how a guy that pathetic gets picked in the draft, then makes an NFL roster? With all the Sanchez blunders, even a third string QB would have had us down 21-0. There are kids in Pop Warner who have more skill and grit, than Lindley. But not you, Sanchez 3:16. You'd still be a joke.

Jets Insider VIP
    Men are talking on JI.
    Link?