Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybe the Sanchez problem can be solved via San Diego...

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Sanchez will be lucky to be holding a clipboard in 2014. The Chargers are a bad organization, but they aren't THAT bad
    he looked good with the clip board today. leave football for the real players. thanks sanchez for the memories.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Why would we want Rivers? Yeah, compared to Mark he's better. But both are turnover machines. F**k both these tools.
    I bet you said the same exact thing about the acquisition of Vinny Testaverde in 1997.

I would take Rivers in a second though. Not that the Chargers would even consider moving him. Their changes will be to front office and coach, not QB.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    watched a lot of redzone in the 4-7 slot when I got back from the game

I saw Joe Suckchez of the Ravens and Philip Suckchez of the Chargers

appears there are bunches of them out there
    I agree. Rivers would not be my choice either.

So as a new GM, let's pretend it's you, your first move is to bring in a guy who just got benched for Greg McElroy? I can't even believe this is a discussion...
    Hmm. Lets see. Seattle signs Matt Flynn. AZ trades for Kolb. Miami traded for AJ Feely. Miami once signed Scott Mitchell. The Jets signed Neil O'Donnell. The Raiders traded 2 #1s for Carson Palmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I bet you said the same exact thing about the acquisition of Vinny Testaverde in 1997.
    Yup. Never liked Vinny. Still don't. The guy was a bonehead who had, what, two good years?

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Sanchez and a third round pick.
    I would still do a 1st

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Hmm. Lets see. Seattle signs Matt Flynn. AZ trades for Kolb. Miami traded for AJ Feely. Miami once signed Scott Mitchell. The Jets signed Neil O'Donnell. The Raiders traded 2 #1s for Carson Palmer.
    Thing difference is that Philip Rivers is a proven, legit Pro Bowl quarterback

The idea that the Chargers would trade for Mark Sanchez is so absurd it does not warrant discussion. Keep dreaming fellas
    More of Jet fans over valuing their players as if they were even tradeable.

Sanchez for Phillip Rivers? Don't make me laugh.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I agree. Rivers would not be my choice either.
    What's another scenario that gets Sanchez out and someone better in?

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post

Sanchez and a 1st. Now we're talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Thing difference is that Philip Rivers is a proven, legit Pro Bowl quarterback
    Who now is a friggin' disaster. As big a mush as Norv is, he's not making those idiotic decisions on the field. It's Rivers.

Please, ye football gods, never bring the dunce Phillip Rivers to our shores. For your good graces, I will slaughter many goats in tribute.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Sanchez's 2013 salary is guaranteed. Don't think we could absorb the cap hit from trading him.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post

If you're San Diego, and you believe you need to move Rivers, how is Sanchez for a year plus a pick such a joke? Have you seen Rivers play this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Who now is a friggin' disaster. As big a mush as Norv is, he's not making those idiotic decisions on the field. It's Rivers.

Please, ye football gods, never bring the dunce Phillip Rivers to our shores. For your good graces, I will slaughter many goats in tribute.
    A 2012 Philip Rivers would have won a 2009, 2010 Jets team a Super Bowl.

Why would SD want Rivers? He's not playing well right now, but he's a proven player. If we can get a 7th round pick for Sanchez and the other team takes on his salary, I'm all for it. If we dump him straight up, then we have to still pay that bum. Can we trade him for a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos? It has to be Cool Ranch and not Nacho or any of those other stupid flavors though.