Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forget McElroy. Go with Tebow.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I'm convinced that this team quit on Mark Sanchez. There have been really interesting points being made about the attitude of the team once Greg came in. It was a case of "Please, anyone BUT Sanchez!" Many comments have been made about how the OLine played better, the RBs played better, the defense got some more life, the stadium was rocking, and apparently Santonio Holmes was going ballistic in his luxury suite.

I think Tebow is a better leader, has more of that special stuff, and he's more of a threat with his legs. I think the talk about Tebow's accuracy is legitimate but also somewhat over blown. He has barely any reps throwing to these guys.

Let's be honest. 5-7 for 29 yards and a TD. Is that really what we're looking for? He played turnover free and extremely safe at the QB position. That's not going to cut it in this league. The big thing to remember is that McElroy didn't make stupid mistakes like Mark did. But that is exactly how Tebow plays too. He doesn't turn the ball over. As bad as he throws at times, he doesn't throw a lot of INTs. You can argue that it's because his throws are SO inaccurate that no body can catch it and that's valid at time. But he also throws a lot of good TDs too. I think the time off that he's had to work on the mechanics (and no I'm not that confident in the coaches on the Jets to actually coach this) he might just be a little bit better right now.

At the end of the day it will at least be exciting. I'll tell you what I'm not interested in seeing, Brooks Bollinger part 2. I don't see anything in Greg McElroy that tells me he's the answer.
    and u see something in tebow???

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Add his 27 starts at Alabama to that and yeah, you get the point. He's a safe player at the QB position. He isn't going to win sh!t in the NFL but a couple of games where if you don't turn the ball over you win the game.
    let me get this straight... you advocate putting Tebow behind center because he doesn't turn the ball over... but McElroy won't succeed in the NFL by not turning the ball over.

just stop.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is going to be gone after the season. His presence is a huge distraction and brings attention that the team doesn't need (not his fault though). McElroy is not a franchise QB but he might be solid backup and spot starter for the Jets in the future.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Rex's actions spoke volumes. Sanchez has been horrible for a while, yet he waited for the week when Tebow was deactivated to make a switch.

McElroy will be the starter.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brooks Bollinger Part 2
    The great irony is that Brooks Bollinger's career numbers are similar to Mark Sanchez's. Well actually a little better. Let that sink in.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Tebow hate is strong here. You make too much sense for this fan base to agree with you.

Tebow's a proven QB and a winner in this league. McElroy isn't and 29 yards of offense doesn't scream "legit" to me either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    I think, southside, that people are confident that McElroy won't lob passes to the defense or fumble from the fetal position. In a relative sense, this is something for us to get excited about.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    He also had no reps at all in practice and did move the team,where as Suckchez did squat

I just think Rex wants nothing to do with Tebow.He should have gone with Tebow after the Seattle game.

I'm not opposed to see Tebow getting a shot.Just no more Sanchez
    Agreed on both accounts. Mark Sanchez is done. I don't want to see him take any more snaps for the NY Jets. I'm saying, we have Tebow and he has intangibles that McElroy doesn't. He's also twice the athlete. Unleash Tebow. Give him real plays not these stupid wildcat plays. Let him scramble on his own if you want that "wildcat" feel in the offense.

I'm just saying, all these guys pretending that McElroy is the answer... come on. Get real. He's definitely not the answer because he doesn't have the tools and he's short. Been there, done that. Brooks Bollinger. Nice college QB, doesn't have the tools to succeed in the NFL. It's one thing to not have the size. But when you don't have the arm to boot... it is what it is.

He's not Mark Sanchez. I get that. I'm saying, start Tebow. If anything you can have an answer to whether he can start for the Jets before the season ends.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    let me get this straight... you advocate putting Tebow behind center because he doesn't turn the ball over... but McElroy won't succeed in the NFL by not turning the ball over.

just stop.
    Says the guy that has a screen name dedicated to being a Mark Sanchez believer.

I didn't say that at all. Obviously you can't read and then comprehend what you just put into your empty skull.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    The great irony is that Brooks Bollinger's career numbers are similar to Mark Sanchez's. Well actually a little better. Let that sink in.
    LOL that is pretty depressing

and teblow is worse than both

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Tebow is going to be gone after the season. His presence is a huge distraction and brings attention that the team doesn't need (not his fault though). McElroy is not a franchise QB but he might be solid backup and spot starter for the Jets in the future.
    Exactly. McElroy is not a franchise QB. Tebow is a distraction because he isn't playing. Why waste time starting McElroy. Figure out what kind of QB Tebow is becoming and how he fits the philosophy. Wasting time with McElroy is just a idiotic option.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    The Tebow hate is strong here. You make too much sense for this fan base to agree with you.

Tebow's a proven QB and a winner in this league. McElroy isn't and 29 yards of offense doesn't scream "legit" to me either.
    Oh brother another blind one. .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unleash Tebow. Give him real plays not these stupid wildcat plays. Let him scramble on his own if you want that "wildcat" feel in the offense.
    It may well go down as a blot on Rex's record that we never got to find out in a season as demoralizing as this one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly. McElroy is not a franchise QB. Tebow is a distraction because he isn't playing. Why waste time starting McElroy. Figure out what kind of QB Tebow is becoming and how he fits the philosophy. Wasting time with McElroy is just a idiotic option.
    Inserting Tebow's name works in that equation also.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Who's being blind?

Give Tebow a chance to play. Mark Sanchez is done. Everyone can see what McElroy is. There's a reason he was a 7th round pick and possibly would have gone completely undrafted if not for the stupidity that pervades in our front office. Where were we picking that year? 28th? So he was 10 picks from being undrafted. Yet he's our franchise QB? Tebow at least has started and played well in this league. Yeah he looks horrible throwing the ball..... IN 2011! He's had a full year to work on his mechanics. He's thrown the ball well in the season when he's gotten a chance with all 5 attempts or whatever.

He's got more tools than McElroy. He doesn't turn the ball over. Sorry, whoever is making up stats about his turnover rate is wrong. 6 INTs and 4 Fumbles lost. That's pretty exceptional for a QB actually. Especially a QB who runs the football. I'd guarantee those fumbles came from being hit in the pocket attempting a pass. The guy doesn't turn it over.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Says the guy that has a screen name dedicated to being a Mark Sanchez believer.

I didn't say that at all. Obviously you can't read and then comprehend what you just put into your empty skull.
    You're right, I had it wrong. You said that Tebow throws a ball so terribly, that he doesn't turn it over because there isn't a defender near the ball.

And that incredible god-given skill will allow him to rack up wins in a league where another QB can only win a couple of games by not turning the ball over.

Says the guy who raves about Tim Tebow's "special stuff".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    and teblow is worse than both
    Catch the game today, bro? 0-1, 1 INT ... 3 INTS before half - and was lucky that number wasn't 4 or 5.

Oh and did you catch the game the week before, bro, on Thanksgiving? Thanks for stopping by.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    It may well go down as a blot on Rex's record that we never got to find out in a season as demoralizing as this one.
    Unfortunately I agree. Why wait until week 13 to make a change? Rex really lost a lot of my confidence with this situation. And then to tell Tebow to gain 15 pounds so he can play on Special Teams at the expense of his explosiveness as an athlete? That was just monumentally stupid.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What's blind about it C Mart ??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    You're right, I had it wrong. You said that Tebow throws a ball so terribly, that he doesn't turn it over because there isn't a defender near the ball.

And that incredible god-given skill will allow him to rack up wins in a league where another QB can only win a couple of games by not turning the ball over.

Says the guy who raves about Tim Tebow's "special stuff".
    Thanks for making your opinion known. You can exit the thread now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    What's blind about it C Mart ??
    He's not a NFL QB. Period. End of story